test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chult Campaign broken after using CCT.

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Some time ago I bought the Campaign Completion Token for the Chult Campaign for one of my alts.
It seems to be broken.
I have everything technically "unlocked" such as Fane, but I can't even get Omu to appear as a travel option.
I can't get a convo quest tree to open on Ekene-Afa.
I've tried everything I can think of to open and unlock the Omu section of Chult.

I had hoped that buying a Campaign Completion Token would achieve more than "Boons" and that I would be able to undertake the weeklies as if... I'd completed the campaign.

I don't know if it's a cause, an effect, or utterly unrelated, but Celeste is nowhere to be seen in Port Nyanzaru, and I can't find any quests to progress the campaign.

Those tokens aren't cheap, and it's not the first issue I've had. My toon who used a SKT CCT can't access any vendor to buy Ostorian relics earned from FBI, so crafting keys is a proper ballache.

Please tell me what I need to do to unlock Fane after using a CCT for Chult.

I suppose I'll put up with the rest being a broken shambles; I'm kind of getting used to that being how something is allowed to go to live in this game.

Comments

• ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Using completion tokens DOES NOT complete any of the intro quests! You still need to do those. Do the one time (yellow) quests.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Cheers, finally found the missing quest...
    I'd obviously got fed up of Soshenstar when I first got it and didn't finish the Camp Vengeance HAMSTER...

So... I've done the Camp Vengeance Quests, and gone through all the stuff with the Hag and resurrecting Celeste, and finally I'm in Omu...
    NOW to run Fane...

Oh...

So NOW, with my Complete Campaign, I'm busy running round Omu, completing a bunch of other quests.
    I've said hello to everyone, even Makos, so... Fane?
    Nope...
    Scouts Markers... FFS... off we go then... ride round the map quest...
    Cool... Finished that... Fane now?
    Nope... Shrines of the Trickster Gods.
    HAMSTER this. I'm supposed to have COMPLETED this HAMSTER campaign. I PAID to complete this HAMSTER trip wire jungle full of speed freak psycho lizards, because I didn't WANT to run round the HAMSTER jungle fighting every HAMSTER thing that I come within 50 feet of...

I'm guessing it's not just the "introductory" quests you have to do.

If anyone from Cryptic is reading any of this, and I know now that it's technically not a BUG and should probably go in "Feedback" but I've already wasted enough time today, PLEASE... Either change the description on those Campaign Completion Tokens so that it makes clear they don't actually "Complete" the campaign in any sense that means that you don't have to run the quests you are hoping to avoid... OR... You could try making the Campaign Completion Tokens actually COMPLETE the Campaign... you know, so that you can avoid having to do the quests to unlock everything. (Not just Boons.)
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I am in complete agreement with you. The completion tokens are one of the most misleading items sold on the zen market. But I guess if they called them "Boon completion tokens" people might be more hesitant to drop 2-3000 zen on them.

The best choice is to make the tokens do what they should have from the get go. Complete the questline and boons fully. The tokens should automatically grant/complete the main questlines which in this case would include fane. I understand not being given completions for optional quests but all story progression quests should be included in this.