test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to progress ...

Looking for a bit of advice. I play a GWF. Currently 13.5k IL. I play for free, I don't fancy spending money on zen so my loadout probably reflects that. No legendary mounts or slots full of level 14 enchants. The ones I concentrated on most are my lv 12 bonding stones (fire archon) & my lv 13 vorpal. All gear, boons & stats are focused on critical strike & power.

I finished my campaigns bar 3.

- The last 3 boons in SKT, they just take ludicrous amounts of voninblood
- I can't unlock Omu. I am trying the HOC quest but Ras Nsi just instakills me. If I finish HOC with a group, it doesn't qualify for the quest.
- I can't finish the Castle Ravenloft quest. I can't seem to get my head around this sunsword and Strahd basically annihilates me while I have hardly hurt him.

So where do I go from here. Do I just grind on and on for AD and upgrade my enchantments? Do I grind on and on for RP to upgrade things like my artifacts? Should I perhaps change my loadout and focus less on critical strike (perhaps change the vorpal to a lightning) or even move towards more defense?

I have just finished the CA campagn and after doing a thousand of those mini HE's to get your writings, the thought of more grinding doesn't really appeal.

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    liwu#1332 said:

Looking for a bit of advice. I play a GWF. Currently 13.5k IL. I play for free, I don't fancy spending money on zen so my loadout probably reflects that. No legendary mounts or slots full of level 14 enchants. The ones I concentrated on most are my lv 12 bonding stones (fire archon) & my lv 13 vorpal. All gear, boons & stats are focused on critical strike & power.

I finished my campaigns bar 3.

- The last 3 boons in SKT, they just take ludicrous amounts of voninblood
    - I can't unlock Omu. I am trying the HOC quest but Ras Nsi just instakills me. If I finish HOC with a group, it doesn't qualify for the quest.
    - I can't finish the Castle Ravenloft quest. I can't seem to get my head around this sunsword and Strahd basically annihilates me while I have hardly hurt him.

So where do I go from here. Do I just grind on and on for AD and upgrade my enchantments? Do I grind on and on for RP to upgrade things like my artifacts? Should I perhaps change my loadout and focus less on critical strike (perhaps change the vorpal to a lightning) or even move towards more defense?

I have just finished the CA campagn and after doing a thousand of those mini HE's to get your writings, the thought of more grinding doesn't really appeal.

Do you have a PC? If you do and don't mind trying NWO mod 16 on PC do that before you go further into NWO and trying to improve your character. If you don't have a PC, check out some youtube videos on the how the class you play now plays in mod 16. I went from having a DC, GF and CW all 17.5k+ and come mod 16 I will only be playing a wizard do to how the devs modified a GF and DC for mod 16. I hate the changes to those classes.

SKT boon - Brynshandar is where I would go and collect voninblood. If you go on the outer edges of the map and farm that for 2-3 hours a day for 3 days to finish up what you need for voninblood if you have all other requirements for those boons.

OMU - if you have the HoC quest you need to form the group and make sure no else in the group has the quest line, this way it gets marked completed once finished. This becomes a weekly quest, work on building up your enchantments to hit the appropriate stats needed.

For Castle Ravenloft quest, ask for help in the zone.

In mod 15 the most important thing for DPS class is to get your defense ignored (armor pen) between 75-85%(10-11K). Once you hit that you focus on critical chance and you want that to be at 95% (30K). After that as a GWF you want to focus on power.

As for defensive stat, I recommend triple stat enchantment with the primary on the enchantment being HP. I would go with Draconic or Demoics. Another option for GWF are Brutals.

Here is my recommendation on refinement of items/gear.

1) Bonding to R13
    2) Enchantments on companion to R13 as well
    3) Artifacts - get them to legendary level 129 - the extra level cost to much refinement to make it worth upgrading them but getting to 129 provides some very good stats; if you are after IL than upgrade them to Mythical
    4) Offensive Enchantments - get these to R13 depending upon what you need for stats
    5) Defensive Enchantments - get these to R13 see above on my recommendation
    6) Utility enchantments - these enchantments are not as valuable as offensive or defensive

Please check out mod 16 update; it is not going to be enjoyable for you if you are already having issues now, content will only get harder for all players next mod.

• Options
    liwu#1332 liwu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks. I wasn't looking for a quick fix, if content is too hard I don't mind focusing on something else, I was just wondering where to go from next. I had a quick look at mod16 and I don't actually mind to much (yet). It seems they get tanks and healers to actually tank & heal.

As for your SKT remark. Doing 3 hour runs just searching for relics isn't my idea of fun.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Is it just the GWF or do you run other characters also?
  • Options
    rookieh#6522 rookieh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    id recommend everything said and add this. you can farm for ad instead, convert to zen and buy the skt coin for 2k zen (or less). u should do this for vip levels anyways so its no change from standard. (great thing about nw is you can be f2p and grind out ad and turn it into real $ currency)...good luck.
  • Options
    liwu#1332 liwu Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Is it just the GWF or do you run other characters also?

Funny you mention this. In all RPG I've done over the past 30 years (digital & paper format ;) ) I have always played fighters. I simply can't stand being a magic user or a healer (just personal preference). So I started an OP 2 weeks ago just to play something else for a change as I got bored with the GWF.

The difference in ability to run content alone is staggering. I got to level 70, IL 6K or something after playing for a few hours. Didn't do any of the earlier mods to get some boons. Haven't run any queues to gain AD and upgrade my gear, I am basically running it with what I got getting to lv 70. And I just managed to unlock & play both Chult and Barovia without a sweat.

It took me weeks upgrading my gear and collecting a lot of of the previous boons to do the same with my GWF.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I do enjoy how different the experience is with different classes. I get what you mean about the GWF. It's easy to play, but it's also really easy to get stuck in a rut with that one - same for OP and DC, I think. You might find the TR a little more interesting, and the SW's an absolute delight - so many different viable encounters to use. Just started a Wizard a few weeks back, and I find that very enjoyable too. Here's hoping I can still say the same after Mod 16.

As for the paladin, I don't hate it, but it has all the wieldiness of a cinderblock to me - actually starts to hurt after awhile. I have to admit, though, gathering up a huge pile-up of enemies and spamming Templar's and Binding Oath makes me very happy.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    liwu#1332 said:

Thanks. I wasn't looking for a quick fix, if content is too hard I don't mind focusing on something else, I was just wondering where to go from next. I had a quick look at mod16 and I don't actually mind to much (yet). It seems they get tanks and healers to actually tank & heal.

As for your SKT remark. Doing 3 hour runs just searching for relics isn't my idea of fun.

This is a MMO and there times when the game won't be fun. It may feel like a chore and that is ok at times. When a game feels like a chore almost all the time that is when the game is UNFUN and is deleted off my system.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ... wait for mod 16 slot r8s .. your done =P