test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for ruining Ranger...

ravendbravendb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Thank you for completely ruining Ranger class! It had one (1) good Encounter power when grouped, "Longstrider shot" now that has moved to Hunter wich was supposed to be a ranged specialized Ranger, wich is is not, and the Warden a Melee specialized setup, wich is isnt either, its just a miss match of new and useless skills, powers etc. I was SO CLOSE to buy the "overprized" content for 150 Euro, but decided in the ast minute not to, and i am glad i didnt because of the changes etc. So now i saved 150 Euro, and im going to play another game, after spending hundreds of Euros on stuff that is now USELESS...

Comments

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    The ranger is ruined. The paladin is useless. I didn't even try my other character. I am off to find another game as well. They completely ruined this one. And if they want feedback, roll back the servers and scrap this update.
  • I'm unhappy my ranger is less powerfull respect before and it is the only one character I use. FIX this
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    And the removal of life steal hit the ranger pretty hard as well, esp. the archer build.

The pally is completely ruined and worthless. I see almost no reason to play one.
  • tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Yes they RUINED the Ranger, 1st Don't like the idea of you pick our Skills and Builds, tells me that many complained others were doing better than them, 2nd The Tree for Skills needs to come back, those of us that worked years honing our abilities to know just how to build a character are now left with a bad taste, seems many games are bending to the will of lesser ability players, they need to learn more not dumb down games so they can play. Suggestion Infowarsstore.com and get some Iodine to bolster your Immune system. Now onto Ranger Game play. This morning I worked on my Skills and found can manipulate where a Skill can be, good thing in some cases. Really am unhappy with the EA style Anthem garbage the Devs are implimenting. If you think am wrong go to You Tube look for some Gaming things about Anthem and you'll see. So far rebuilding your Mess to work right has been a challenge at best, and a mess in any other scenario. Really need to go back to Reality and not a Dream Boat for Cash Grabbing. I was going to be continuing my Zen purchase Next month but having to do this and still not working the way it should I may just leave it alone and not buy into the game any more since it does not work right. You may think so Devs but asks this Do you even play what you build?? If you did you more than likely would not allow this to take place. Yet as I re read my post I am still seeing that I have not said something else. Astrals Now that you have COMPLETELY Ruined the Companions and expecting the Mounts to be next, Unlock the Astrals on the Evoke if not then Game is going bye bye, and wants to ask this if no one plays the game how can you make money?? Just thinking about it hurts the game and now the Game is being Damaged by Greed yes the EA Cash Grab Syndrome, Ruin a Game as much as you can fool those that play to buy into the Game even if it crashes every time its exited and loaded, Then ruin the Game Stats and Builds then Ruin the Game Economy and there you have it a Fully Failed Game now ready to be taken down and lost into the void.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Every class has issues.. some a bit more then others. Before they extensively reworked the Barbie, it was actually far worse off then your ranger was.

I liked and played every class a bit here and there..

I think balancing can continue to happen, Im a bit more concerned with Scaling and Isignia double enchant refine process and AD nerfing.

Those are more important, classes can always be fixed.. but if they dont relent on some of this other garbage.. the game will suxy.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I have a Hunter/Archer build that is doing ok in solo content (so far). He was about 14k in M15 - I focused the rebuild on grasping roots, awareness, accuracy and critical avoidance.

This has worked so far - level 71 in the new zone doing ok against mobs. HEs on the Stronhold map are also still playable running solo.

HEs outside of SH though - like in River District or Barovia - are pretty much group content only. At least for my HR - those cannot be solo'd anymore.

Now DUNGEONS - that's another story. Anything above leveling queue is just insanely out of balance.

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

Every class has issues.. some a bit more then others. Before they extensively reworked the Barbie, it was actually far worse off then your ranger was.

But of course the devs DID reqork the Barbie because except for five minutes in mod 4 they have always catered to the overcompensator class. Meanwhile every time after mod 4 they've promised an HR/Ranger rework it gets assigned to someone who knows absolutely nothing about the class and ends up nerfing it when it needs buffs. Except for the one time we got piercing damage that we didn't want and didn't ask for.