test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When and Where to balance your stats..?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
I'm guessing, get to lvl 80, sit in a lvl 80 map, and balance your stats there..? Otherwise the up/down scaling thing will throw you off..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I am going to wait for 80 before I really start to balance. Too much changes till then. I do most of it in my Work Shop for the privacy, you are scaled normal there unless that has changed. Plus I can make any kits to order.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Cheers, I'll do that too then.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    At least don't bother with your stats in the SH. It is currently bugged, so companions give 10x the stats they give elsewhere (yea, it is nice to have an Energon give you 240.000 HP, but that's clearly not WAI.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Balancing your stats is a bit more complicated than in previous modules. First, you will need to balance them at least two different places (likely with different loadouts):

First - At level 80 in some level 80 content or in the Yawning Portal (NOT in your stronghold). Here you will need to balance your stats and make sure you have sufficient Armor Pen, Crit and everything else. Keep in mind Power and Hit points can stack indefinitely and combat advantage can go nearly twice as high before capping as other stats.

Second - You will want to private queue into a level 70 dungeon (Castle Never for example) and balance a separate loadout there. You will find your stats heavily reduced by the capping and you will likely have half or so of the armor pen and other critical stats you had at level 80. Since most things are capped, the only really good way to make up for these is via companion or mount stat bonuses or with artifacts as these don't seem to be capped/scaled down.

You may also need to have a third loadout to adjust stats for PvP, as there alot of the stat caps are no longer relevant because you are directly applying your stats against those of the other players, not against a fixed set of monster stats.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader