test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Ranger is ruined

kendrazin1kendrazin1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Thank you for nothing. My ranger is completely ruined. So far I have seen that its health is pathetic. Its skill tree is ruined as well. Why remove the individuality from the skill tree set up?? it was fine the way it was before. Also, you ruined the Companions as well. Making it so that what is equipped on one is equipped to ALL is very lame. It removes the individuality of each character and how they equip/use their companions. You need to return the companion set up to the way it was and improve the health/damage of the ranger class along with returning the skill tree to the way it was. This is truly lame

Comments

• Options
    axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    i feel with you..... same with my Warlock.... its horrible

• Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Actually the changes to companions was one of the few changes in M16 that I agreed with. Before you started to have zero diversity in companions (like everyone running around with tigers or fire As.). Now at least some visual flavor has been added back in so you can choose a companion that actually matches more of your character instead of just min/maxing.

As far as the class tree, agree with you 100%, no one was asking for less choice. If some paths were useless then improve them, improve the feats no one took, improve the powers that no one took, etc. Just removing stuff is lazy and decreasing the enjoyment with no add.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Actually the changes to companions was one of the few changes in M16 that I agreed with. Before you started to have zero diversity in companions (like everyone running around with tigers or fire As.). Now at least some visual flavor has been added back in so you can choose a companion that actually matches more of your character instead of just min/maxing.

As far as the class tree, agree with you 100%, no one was asking for less choice. If some paths were useless then improve them, improve the feats no one took, improve the powers that no one took, etc. Just removing stuff is lazy and decreasing the enjoyment with no add.

Not really diversity, everybody gonna take an augment pet because they give you so many stats
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Thank you for nothing. My ranger is completely ruined. So far I have seen that its health is pathetic. Its skill tree is ruined as well. Why remove the individuality from the skill tree set up?? it was fine the way it was before. Also, you ruined the Companions as well. Making it so that what is equipped on one is equipped to ALL is very lame. It removes the individuality of each character and how they equip/use their companions. You need to return the companion set up to the way it was and improve the health/damage of the ranger class along with returning the skill tree to the way it was. This is truly lame

Well, I just got my HR archer build through Undermountain to level 80 already and really didn't have massive issues. Dare I say I even had fun doing it?

What I learned on preview is that DPS types can't focus builds on JUST DPS stats with a helping of lifesteal anymore - you need to include crit avoidance, awareness and defense as well as extra HP in your build. It does mean sacrificing some DPS stats, and that does mean fights last longer on average (no one shotting pretty much anything outside of leveling dungeons anymore). But once I got used to the new play style, it isn't too bad.

Mind you - my comments above are restricted to the HR archer ONLY. My pally and fighter toons are a completely different story (still trying to figure out wth Dig In is all about).

And of course, big caveat - all of the above comments are for solo stuff ONLY. We'll see if the scaling issue in dungeons gets addressed with the patch today, as promised.
  • Options
    eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I still love my ranger :)

Different comp gear can be tied to various loadouts so what's the problem there?
    and yeah definitely need to build around survivability now especially for solo

my three loadouts went Warden aoe dps (archery oriented), Hunter boss dps (full archery), Hunter hybrid dps (trapper-ish)
    all worked great for me, solo and group play
  • Options
    temyen#1080 temyen Member Posts: 1 Arc User

I still love my ranger :)

Different comp gear can be tied to various loadouts so what's the problem there?
    and yeah definitely need to build around survivability now especially for solo

my three loadouts went Warden aoe dps (archery oriented), Hunter boss dps (full archery), Hunter hybrid dps (trapper-ish)
    all worked great for me, solo and group play

Same here, no real issues in the new "Undermountain" zone, I use a Warden AOE (full archery) and played all solo on release day with no problems. As a matter of fact the fighting seemed better than pre-patch as my HP bar didn't go from full to nearly nothing in 2-3 hits, now it feels like its dropping appropriately, usually being down to somewhere in the area of 1/2 to 1/3 of full health after a fight. The only real concern I had when re-rolling was how was my play style going to be affected, and while it did change slightly, overall I only lost 1 at will that I was using regularly before, everything else is pretty much the same for me.

I have not grouped yet, or done any previous zones to experience the scaledown issues that are being largely condemned yet, but hopefully they'll be sorted before I get to that. (casual player with limited time)

Overall, I have to say that I'm pretty happy so far.
  • Options
    saj01saj01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The archery HR is total useless they have totaly stuffed it. Especialy the single target damage "there isn't any" its a joke. Then there's the cool down time for the encounters 15 to 16 sec. a HR relies on the encounters that's it's attack 15 seconds you're dead as well as the corden of arrows, now they are a waste of space you shoot them you get mobbed but playing you do notice that the dev's favourite class is the gwf (oh sorry the barbie)
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    saj01 said:

The archery HR is total useless they have totaly stuffed it. Especialy the single target damage "there isn't any" its a joke. Then there's the cool down time for the encounters 15 to 16 sec. a HR relies on the encounters that's it's attack 15 seconds you're dead as well as the corden of arrows, now they are a waste of space you shoot them you get mobbed but playing you do notice that the dev's favourite class is the gwf (oh sorry the barbie)

My archery HR build is the one with whom I do the most dps...
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    There are two positive ways to go about this.

If your ranger was ruined, then try to rebuild it as close as possible as to how it was-

or just go and try out different ways and see which ones would be most optimal for these new changes. Just like how you built your "ranger" before, you now have this chance to do again.