test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin has 72 stat points while everyone else has 74?????

gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
why does the Paladin only have a total of 72 main stat points while the rest of the classes have 74 at start in mod 16?
why does the Paladins class features depend on doing dailys in a system where dailys are severely nerfed in frequency???
arent class features supposed to be active all the time?
why is the paladin.... a chosen divine knight of their respective god, the only class now without a dps build???
why do you hate the paladin so?

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    1) Reported, hopefully will be fixed this week.

2) What are you even talking about?

3) They are. (Unless you slot Divine Challenger and not Smite or Blessed Warrior in a party or never loose Stamina with Divine Retribution)

4) They were never supposed to have a “dps build” the existence of one now is due to the Mod 6-15 game mechanics, not design goals for the class.

5) They don’t.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @obsidiancran3 said:
    > 1) Reported, hopefully will be fixed this week.
    >
    > 2) What are you even talking about?
    >
    > 3) They are. (Unless you slot Divine Challenger and not Smite or Blessed Warrior in a party or never loose Stamina with Divine Retribution)
    >
    > 4) They were never supposed to have a “dps build” the existence of one now is due to the Mod 6-15 game mechanics, not design goals for the class.
    >
    > 5) They don’t.

1) I hope your'e right
    2) they are talking about the fact that almost half of the class features almost never proc!
    3) seriously?
    4)play D&D. They are healers/dps in D&D. And I actually found a mod 16 dps build for Paladins.
    5)becsuse most of the devs play other classes. There are much more devs playing rogues than devs playing paladins. That's just sad but true
    ron#1747 said:

1) I hope your'e right

2) they are talking about the fact that almost half of the class features almost never proc!

3) seriously?

4)play D&D. They are healers/dps in D&D. And I actually found a mod 16 dps build for Paladins.

5)becsuse most of the devs play other classes. There are much more devs playing rogues than devs playing paladins. That's just sad but true

If you have evidence that our class features are not procing please bring it forward. Because I can assure you Aura of Vengeance procs just fine and Composure works (though the difference it makes is small), as does Blessed Warrior. If you think our class features need Dailies you are not playing the current patch of Preview...

I also could care less about how they work in pen and paper, the game is clearly not following 5E, and doesn't really follow 4E either for that matter. The design goals for Paladin have always been "Tank" and "Heals", and remain that way.

My Paladin does perfectly good damage, I'm not in the least worried about damage output or trying to make a "dps build".

The fact devs play other classes isn't proof they hate Paladins, try having a look in the Rogue thread to see how that has gone...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    Update on this.

Asterdahl has reported the issue to the person responsible for fixing it.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock