test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons in Module 16 (video no sound)

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

The video above shows how the April 23rd module 16 will not allow players to rush or run dungeons. Avoiding combat with mobs just allows them to now chase you to the next boss, door, or end point. They swarm and kill you. Players must kill the mob and move on to the next. This is how it should be. There are going to a lot of people claiming this is unfair, but those mobs are there for a reason. They are not flowers, they are monsters for you to kill.

Some might think you can speed boost by these bad boys and they will give up. First there is no speed boost and they don't give up. They are the same guys you fought before and the solution is to kill them, loot, and move on to the next group. Not everyone is going to get the message or watch my video. So be prepared for the chat to go nuclear in the first 2 or 3 weeks of module 16.

<3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    That is what it used to before they changed the aggro range couple mods ago (probably because of chult). That was what I did to pull everything in the last room to kill them all and had more loot than now. I hate they changed the aggro range back then.
    I guess in mod 16 I cannot kill them all in one place easily anymore without life steal and with scale.

My burning question would be: what will happen in Chult in mod 16?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    That is what I use to do as well, I would drag them into a killing jar, scoop up the loot and move on. But as you probably know, the characters are not as god-like as they uses to be.

My burning question would be: what will happen in Chult in mod 16?

I am probably going to be asking for a lot of help for Chult campaign. As I said in another thread, I have been putting that one off. Now I need those boon points for sure!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    Actually it can still be done. The only thing this solves is new players who are of a certain class or weaker geared won't be able to speed run it. However if you are of a particular class and have some decent gear you can still zerg to the end and aoe them all easily. It's been done. So the only thing this solution hurts are newer players.
    Excuse me? Did you see the video @krumple01 ? I got my butt kicked within seconds at the end of running. I was dragging the entire complement of the dungeon behind me. I just hit the health stone as I came into the boss room at time index 1:52 on the video then at 2:12 I am dead. Gear don't mean squat with the lack of Lifesteal, Regeneration, Speed, and the new scaling system makes you a helpless kitten.

Record us a video of you on Preview. I will go one further and let you show us "The Cloak Tower" or any dungeon you like. Should be a cake walk correct?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    wait, now hold on a minute here!

Is Mod 16 live now? :astonished:
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Next week.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Excuse me? Did you see the video @krumple01 ? I got my butt kicked within seconds at the end of running. I was dragging the entire complement of the dungeon behind me. I just hit the health stone as I came into the boss room at time index 1:52 on the video then at 2:12 I am dead. Gear don't mean squat with the lack of Lifesteal, Regeneration, Speed, and the new scaling system makes you a helpless kitten.

Record us a video of you on Preview. I will go one further and let you show us "The Cloak Tower" or any dungeon you like. Should be a cake walk correct?

Yes I watched your video. The problem is you tried to stand in one spot too long. I've ran it on my DC. Zerging to the end and killed everything at the boss room. I bet it can also be done on a Pally or Fighter as well.

bojsha said:

wait, now hold on a minute here!

Is Mod 16 live now? :astonished:

I am testing on the preview server.
    wb-cenders.gif