test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new professions system

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
over all, I'm shocked to say I really do like it and I think it's an improvement. I was prepared to hate it. but I don't. it has a serious appeal on the ocd front. lol. I find myself doing nothing but professions. I do have to ask though why is search in AH Y button but search in professions is A while Y erases everything you just typed. that just seems like a troll...

I also am on board with the gold costs being weirdly high. why does it need to cost so much gold... it's not alt friendly. I don't mind the high items costing a bit but the cheap mid range stuff that you need a billion of, adds up really fast.

Comments

• johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Its actually the same search buttons that the previous profession system had. It has always been counter-intuitive to the AH. The ability to search all professions is great and has been sorely needed as I don't always remember what is in what profession.

I am actually okay with the gold investment. Serious crafters were previously ungated in what they could make. On the MW front, you could buy cheap everything and turn a huge profit with an almost limitless potential. The rich just continue to get richer. Now the gold front will cost loads more. Its not unmanagable, but it will require a bit more investment to continue and put another cost. It also adds another means for non-crafters to make AD (selling plates/potions or straight gold trades).

Seems a good economical investment for the game.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    The only difference from the old system Search is the 'Y' button. In the old system 'B' would clear the search field or go back if the search field was blank.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Its actually the same search buttons that the previous profession system had. It has always been counter-intuitive to the AH. The ability to search all professions is great and has been sorely needed as I don't always remember what is in what profession.

I am actually okay with the gold investment. Serious crafters were previously ungated in what they could make. On the MW front, you could buy cheap everything and turn a huge profit with an almost limitless potential. The rich just continue to get richer. Now the gold front will cost loads more. Its not unmanagable, but it will require a bit more investment to continue and put another cost. It also adds another means for non-crafters to make AD (selling plates/potions or straight gold trades).

Seems a good economical investment for the game.

I disagree on the gold investment part. I don't think it's going to gate the serious master crafters at all. it's far more likely to gate the people that are trying to get into it. the serious mastercrafters will just pay it and barely feel it. most probably already had tens of thousands of gold hoarded anyway. lol gold was never a problem in this game.
    It won't gate them now, but without some sort of gold makeup, they will eventually feel the need. This system was well-designed in previous compensation. If you had a lot of stuff, you can still get a lot of items out of it. Eventually, however, even players with millions of gold will run low and need a means of making more. There will eventually be the ultimate gold making guide, I'm sure.

It won't gate them now, but without some sort of gold makeup, they will eventually feel the need. This system was well-designed in previous compensation. If you had a lot of stuff, you can still get a lot of items out of it. Eventually, however, even players with millions of gold will run low and need a means of making more. There will eventually be the ultimate gold making guide, I'm sure.

it's called lets scam the newbs out of all their gold with worthless items. it's already happening. I tell you, this hurts no one but the lower levels. lol. it's not going to gate the ultra wealthy. the ultra wealthy are ultra wealthy. wealth begets wealth. taking a bit off their profit margins won't phase them even a little.
    we're in the realm of speculation now, but I"m going to guess it will hurt more than many realize. For best success chances, especially +1 weapons (most lucrative), you're looking at 13ish Gold just for the final craft. That doesn't count pre-crafts, morale, and other things. I really think it will have a larger impact than people realize. The gold cost is minimal for low-level items. Having leveled a few toons in this event, they're making 20ish gold per level 59 created. This is without any gold-gain benefits. That would craft a lot of stuff early on for leveling without tanking them too much as a lot of the gear is a silver at best.

I see this adding a gate to end game in 6-9 months when the surplus of gold is gone, especially if crafters don't prepare.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    It wont take serious crafters too long to figure out the most cost effective way to maintain gold income while crafting.

I'm no genius and I've managed so far to have 10 toons running level 3 workshops for just over a week, and in that week, (since I started keeping track) I've been able to keep the deficit down to a minimum. The tens of thousands of gold I have stockpiled is going to last a LONG time if I continue to run the workshops at even a bare level of efficiency.

IF, however, people are all excited and giddy at the new Morale toy and burning through gold at a cheetahs pace then their expectations are likely to be set at that rate for their future crafting. That's when the chance of burn out and a sudden dip in interest is likely to occur. That's fine, of course, people can run their workshop however the hell they want, but if they run out of funds to maintain a busy schedule, then I think that's where the interest will wane.

If you work out what you need, how long it will take to farm all the component parts, and are prepared to wait a short while then Morale isn't even necessary.
    If on the other hand you get it into your head that if you have any morale left by the daily tick-over that it has somehow been "wasted" then you will likely need to find a way to replenish your gold stock, and I'm sure that is intended.

I'm not saying that's how everyone should play it.
    No "Do it my way or you are an idiot", simply offering a suggestion that might help some people maintain an interest in the professions for longer.

I don't use Morale, I take full advantage of all my alts and the free Workshop stuff they each get given, I make stuff that sells for AD, Guild donations and décor, and keep the costs affordable.

But my main advice is to plan what you are going to make.
    Don't chase Lady Begum's daily whims like a couple of my alliance chums did for the first few days. If she wants it today, she will want it again in a short time.
  • scaleback#6790 scaleback Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am kinda new to the game, so I did not have a bunch of stuff from the old crafting system. however it only took me a couple of days to figure out what items I can make gold from. I make 30 to 40 gold on each of my alts. so I have a couple alts feeding gold to my main so he can work on costly things like things to auction or gems to refine. so far I have gained way more gold than I spend. I burn gold to make items for master craft quests, those seem to sell the best on the AH. (and some day I might actually use them to finish my own quests)
  • stiehl9s#8198 stiehl9s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of the new system at all. Now I just want that icon to disappear from the top of my screen
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @stiehl9s#8198 said:
    > I'm not a fan of the new system at all. Now I just want that icon to disappear from the top of my screen

Go to your workshop, collect whatever is in the delivery box, cancel any running tasks, don't start any new tasks. The icon will go away.
  • I would like to "thank" whichever Dev decided that +/- would be good/bad for Time, but bad/good for cost.... I ended up blowing through all my gold on my main because I had a "Purple" Artisan with +200 on cost (WHY would you have that???) by the time I figured it out, I have torqued up all my carryover Artisans and had to purge them all... now I am restarting (fortunately I already had level 70).

I would like to "thank" whichever Dev decided that +/- would be good/bad for Time, but bad/good for cost.... I ended up blowing through all my gold on my main because I had a "Purple" Artisan with +200 on cost (WHY would you have that???) by the time I figured it out, I have torqued up all my carryover Artisans and had to purge them all... now I am restarting (fortunately I already had level 70).

Artisans are a trade-off. 400/400 doesn't come without a high price tag. Crafting requires more thinking and planning now. You trade some proficiency for Dab Hands/Recycle, or you go full out and pay a hefty gold tag. There are ways of making up the gold investment, but again that isn't a simple as it seems. Lets just say the first hour of gaming every day is workshopping for me...but it keeps me crafting without destroying my gold supply.
  • panthersnbraves#7735 panthersnbraves Member Posts: 21 Arc User

I would like to "thank" whichever Dev decided that +/- would be good/bad for Time, but bad/good for cost.... I ended up blowing through all my gold on my main because I had a "Purple" Artisan with +200 on cost (WHY would you have that???) by the time I figured it out, I have torqued up all my carryover Artisans and had to purge them all... now I am restarting (fortunately I already had level 70).

Artisans are a trade-off. 400/400 doesn't come without a high price tag. Crafting requires more thinking and planning now. You trade some proficiency for Dab Hands/Recycle, or you go full out and pay a hefty gold tag. There are ways of making up the gold investment, but again that isn't a simple as it seems. Lets just say the first hour of gaming every day is workshopping for me...but it keeps me crafting without destroying my gold supply.
    Since I am only doing MC on my main, and have a ForgeHammer, I am mostly annoyed about the alt's that I was trying to get settled. In the end, I am just picking -Commission/+ Time on everything... I could care less about the skill, nor about the stats...
  • dark77#8799 dark77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is there a way to make "reliquary wax" with the new profession system? I need to restore an item with it and can't find it anywhere. If feasible, how. Please.

Is there a way to make "reliquary wax" with the new profession system? I need to restore an item with it and can't find it anywhere. If feasible, how. Please.

what are you trying to restore? I recommend against restoring anything from that campaign. it's very very out of date and none of the gear is even a little bit better than the stuff you get from the seals of the brave.