test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest pointer is red

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Hi,
I went to do the daily "Supporting the Factions" quest for Bruenor but this time the quest pointer is red. What can I do?

Chastain

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    No information in the Journal?
    FrozenFire
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Did you pick up the quest and did not do that on that day?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Supporting the Factions requires you to complete a second quest, Defending the Sword Coast. Make sure you accept the DtSC quest and complete that, at which point StF will complete as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Supporting the Factions requires you to complete a second quest, Defending the Sword Coast. Make sure you accept the DtSC quest and complete that, at which point StF will complete as well.

Yes, that was it. When I turned in defending the sword coast it turned in supporting the factions too.

Thanks,
    Chastain

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    is there another way of getting those adventure rewards from Bruenor instead of waiting 5 days?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Genie's Gifts or Campaign Completion buyout.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    is there another way of getting those adventure rewards from Bruenor instead of waiting 5 days?
    greywynd said:

Genie's Gifts or Campaign Completion buyout.

Could you elaborate? What is Genies Gift and how do I buy out a campaign?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Campaign buyout is a zen market item. Which I don't believe is available until you've actually completed the campaign the old-fashioned way; by doing it.

Genie's Gifts you can find in the Auction House. They allow you to trade the Gift for an amount of campaign currency to buy your way through a bit.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Campaign buyout is a zen market item. Which I don't believe is available until you've actually completed the campaign the old-fashioned way; by doing it.

Genie's Gifts you can find in the Auction House. They allow you to trade the Gift for an amount of campaign currency to buy your way through a bit.

Thank You

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I thought Campaign Buyouts were available to purchase with no restrictions other than a campaign being available?

Campaign completion tokens require you to have finished the campaign on one toon to make them.

Genies gifts for this campaign don't offer great value as 1 genie's gift only give you 1 tales of adventure. It does spare you the monotony of having to do the daily quests though.
    No clue on the completions. Just know they are there.

Yeah, there are better campaigns to use Gifts on. Maze Engine is a fast one-and-done daily.