test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Repel Demons

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Hail fellow adventurers,

I am talking to Bruenor Battlehammer now and doing the rep-eatables. In his dialog he says (Complete the Maze Engine campaign task "Repel Demons") but it is grayed out. I do not have a quest called that but in the campaign list it says I do not have the required items. What do I need to do to continue this campaign?

Cheers,
Chastain Dragonsyre

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    You need 5 "Tales of Adventures".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User

You need 5 "Tales of Adventures".

Ok, well how do I get those? I have seen none as a reward or a drop.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    you get one tale for doing the "supporting the factions" daily from Bruenor. If 1/day is too slow for you, you can use Genie's Gift and buy the currency from the trader near Bruenor.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    You will keep going to Bruenor Battlehammer once a day and accepting his repeatable tasks. The wiki has this outline for you to follow. Tales of Adventure are only obtainable once per day, making the campaign a currency time gate of more than 30 days for each of your characters. It is one of the quicker campaigns and considered not worth much buying a campaign completion token. If you are in a hurry, they can be purchased for AD in the Auction House cheaper than the zen store.

At the end of the campaign, you get the "Ballad of Baphomet" a weekly repeatable that gives 4,500 raw AD.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Without Genie's Gifts The Maze Engine takes about a month to complete. That's the rough standard for all campaigns.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    What is Genies Gift? Where can I but the tales of adventure?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter

From lock box and you can also buy it from AH but it is expensive.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • alfa1777alfa1777 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Genie gift is a currency, you can get that from lock boxes and code offerts, and you can used that to buy some bags that give you tokens for the campains

I checked the AH but no luck. I rarely use locked boxes, with the exception of the basic doped ones. Drop rates in this game are horrible. I've played 4 chars to lvl 70 and beyond, two of them painfully grinding and picking up everything that dropped and never found anything very useful.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    edited April 2019

I checked the AH but no luck. I rarely use locked boxes, with the exception of the basic doped ones. Drop rates in this game are horrible. I've played 4 chars to lvl 70 and beyond, two of them painfully grinding and picking up everything that dropped and never found anything very useful.
    You did not search the right place in AH or typed the wrong name. There are a lot but very expensive.
    Personally, I never use that once although I stashed a few because I don't see the value using them. Getting through this campaign was easy although it takes some clock time (not my play time). I did that for 6 characters.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Genie's gifts are under the "Misc" section of the AH. Honestly, though, Maze Engine - though long - is a pretty easy campaign to do. One quest per day, with the occasional story quest thrown in. Not really worth spending that much AD on GG to jump ahead on, IMO.
    Generally it is 5 minutes out of your day except when a new chapter opens.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I have the same problem. It says complete the engine maze quest repel demons but it is grayed out and he will not give me any more quest. What am I missing or not doing? When I open the quest Journal, it say Interlude: Claim your power. Then on right side it says, Complete "repel Demon" in the maze quest. When I talk to the dwarf it says the same thing but grayed out and he will not give me any more quests. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to advance in this quest?

I have the same problem. It says complete the engine maze quest repel demons but it is grayed out and he will not give me any more quest. What am I missing or not doing? When I open the quest Journal, it say Interlude: Claim your power. Then on right side it says, Complete "repel Demon" in the maze quest. When I talk to the dwarf it says the same thing but grayed out and he will not give me any more quests. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to advance in this quest?

Did you do "supporting the factions"?
    Did you read the posts above? Do they apply to you?
    Did not do supporting the factions. No the posts above do not apply to me. No one will give me any more quests to do, no one else to talk to in the game about this quest.
    edited August 2019
    You get the quest from Bruenor; "Defending the Sword Coast". There is another quest that will come up after you accept "Defending". That quest will usually send you to another adventure zone. If, for example, it sends you to Mount Hotenow, you will either "Defend Heartleaf's Garden" or you have to summon and kill a giant scorpion and its handler, find 5 demon summoning caches as you head towards the caldera, and finally you have to kill 3 waves of fire cultists.

You need to run that Defending quest 5/10/15 times as the campaign progresses. Each time it will generally send you to a different zone. You can only run it once per day.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    @hughpuppies open your campaign page for The Maze Engine...click on the 2nd node. That will complete the quest. If you don't have enough currency for it, and there still are no quests available, check you quest log to see if you've already taken "Supporting the Factions" quest. If you don't have it after all that, get back to us.

I hope this helps :D
    I clicked on Campaign none were available to click they were all unavailable. Still no quest I do not have Supporting the Faction quest. In the Campaign section it said I have 8 points that I spent, the next available one is at 10. Thanks for your help, so far.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Do you have any quests in your log for Mantol-Derith? If not you may have a technical issue, which means you need to file a ticket. If you do try completing them if able (dungeon quests do not matter).
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Repel demons is a repeatable quest similar to defending the sword coast. The main quest, and probably the one that shows up first, is found behind Grazila, the mind flayer in Mantol Derith that Bruenor sends you to learn about Demogorgon. There is another in PE next to the city gate at the south end of the Coster Market.