test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Patch

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
So I've seen a lot of speculation and controversy surrounding the next patch, does anyone have an inkling on a release date, ballpark. I know they said this spring but I am waiting for that level boost.

Cheers,
Chastain Dragonsyre

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    It appears the next mod will land on PC on April 23.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They're coming too fast... going to be more a crash landing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited April 2019
    Red Alert! Full power to shields. Initiating evasive manoeuvres. Grandma sequence.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Some people are going to get a big surprise.....I mean, those who regularly read the forums pretty much know what to expect, but that's really just a minority of the players. Some guilds have done a good job for their members - suggesting what to do to prepare and so on, but there are quite a few players (and probably a higher percentage in the non-English speaking communities) who have little idea what is heading their way.

Things will be...interesting...on the 23rd.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited April 2019
    And, they don't even put a date in the obvious places. The "official" date I heard about is not even officially announced. Just compare that with the time gap between when the Foundry sunset announced and when it was removed.

Today, a new lockbox is announced to be available on April 23rd but it still does not explicitly say mod 16 will land on that day.
    I don't think someone who logs on to find their powers are in an 'invalid state,' their class name has changed, inventory full of pet gear and - most importantly - portrait gone, is going to have a positive first impression when they try to respec with no clue as to what their stats and ability scores do. Powers split between paragons, boons all mixed together... There should be a new tutorial at this point.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The GWF has always been the Barbarian in everything but name until now. The "Unstoppable" mechanic was so much like the Barbarians "Rage" mechanic, I'm surprised they didn't start with the name. If the name change for a class is enough to drive you out, though, I'd guess you weren't really that attached to things here.
    Barbarian wasn't in the first 4th edition Players Handbook. We ended up with everything from that except Warlord. Hiwever we did get Half Orc which wasn't in the first PH either. Both of the fighters were envisioned as Defender roles, which matches the source material. Barbarian was a striker instead.

I made my GWF in Beta, and am not enthusiastic as about the name change, but shesh been retired for years due to being made squishy. If she can tank again, I might bring her out of retirement despite the name.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If it looks like a Barbarian,
    Talks like a Barbarian,
    Rages like a Barbarian,
    Bashes heads like a Barbarian,
    And most important, if it smells like it showers only once a year..

Then it's most definitely a:

Barbie
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Hiwever we did get Half Orc which wasn't in the first PH either.

Half-Orc was in the first Players Handbook. The AD&D Players Handbook. Cover looks like the idol you got the Heart of Fire enchant out of.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

The GWF has always been the Barbarian in everything but name until now. The "Unstoppable" mechanic was so much like the Barbarians "Rage" mechanic, I'm surprised they didn't start with the name. If the name change for a class is enough to drive you out, though, I'd guess you weren't really that attached to things here.

They didn't start with it as Neverwinter was based on DnD 4e (in 2011), Mod 16 is now moving to DnD 5e (after making most of the 5e Mods).
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

If it looks like a Barbarian,
    Talks like a Barbarian,
    Rages like a Barbarian,
    Bashes heads like a Barbarian,
    And most important, if it smells like it showers only once a year..

Then it's most definitely a:

Barbie

But remember, he started out as . . .a thief. . .a Reaver. . .a slayer.
    > @greywynd said:
    > Hiwever we did get Half Orc which wasn't in the first PH either.
    >
    > Half-Orc was in the first Players Handbook. The AD&D Players Handbook. Cover looks like the idol you got the Heart of Fire enchant out of.

I specified 4th edition in the first sentence of the quoted post
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Sorry. Missed that. My mind goes AD&D, 2nd Ed, 3rd Ed, 3.5.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    pitshade said:

They're coming too fast... going to be more a crash landing.

Sum ting Wong
    Wee tu Lo
    Ho lee HAMSTER
    Bang ding Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIE94r8G3xc