test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race Reroll Tokens

havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
I had bought a 2nd race reroll token but it does not seem to activate on the character selection screen like the first one did. Is there something I should be doing to activate it or something? Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's a long standing bug. Generally closing the client and then go straight to the reroll menu option before logging into any character.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    havlocke said:

I had bought a 2nd race reroll token but it does not seem to activate on the character selection screen like the first one did. Is there something I should be doing to activate it or something? Thanks in advance for any info.

Wait I thought you could only use 1 per character. So if you try to use a second one on the same character it doesn't work. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was limited for some reason.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

havlocke said:

Wait I thought you could only use 1 per character. So if you try to use a second one on the same character it doesn't work. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was limited for some reason.
    Yeah, this is what I'm more afraid of. It doesn't say it anywhere but maybe there's a limit per character or account that isn't noted anywhere
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    havlocke said:

krumple01 said:

havlocke said:

Yeah, this is what I'm more afraid of. It doesn't say it anywhere but maybe there's a limit per character or account that isn't noted anywhere
    Not account. 1 per character. So if you have alts you can use 1 for each alt if you want. But only once.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is no truth to that. I know people that have race rerolled their character (the same one) multiple times.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The design of the program is to make sure you can only change race before you do anything to any character in your account after you login. After you login to any character, you won't see the race reroll option when you come out using 'change character'.
    I assume changing race of a character in the account is a big deal in the account configuration. Hence, it has to be managed in a specific way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    pitshade said:

There is no truth to that. I know people that have race rerolled their character (the same one) multiple times.

Same here (for knowing people changing race of a character more than once).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sunstreakmodsunstreakmod Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    It must be more than once. There are 3 race-centric packs in the Zen Market. Each grants a token. Unless those token are flagged as different than those otherwise acquired; the devs have to assume the same account COULD buy all 3 packs and try each specialty race on a single character.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Thanks for all your help everybody, I'll try again. Not been able to log on much in last few days due to work so I'll see tonight.