test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delver's Expedition Pack!

soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
Why is this pack Twice the price of the others?

yes it has two rank 15's but that doesn't seem to make up for the 20k zen price (15k early bird)

the other packs came out at 10k (7.5k early bird) with about the same in value of items

im happy to be corrected but it looks to me and others in my guild a very over priced pack

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    So, don't buy it. For those who are rich enough, let them finance the game and show off riding the worm mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User

So, don't buy it. For those who are rich enough, let them finance the game and show off riding the worm mount.

thank you for your pointless reply, i was looking for something i might have missed rather then just a don't buy it response.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

yes it has two rank 15's but that doesn't seem to make up for the 20k zen price (15k early bird)

the other packs came out at 10k (7.5k early bird) with about the same in value of items

im happy to be corrected but it looks to me and others in my guild a very over priced pack

Most previous packs included account wide unlocks for the mount and/or companion. The Mod 16 pack looks like both the mount and companion are NOT account wide unlocks - you get one of each.

So you could argue it's a worse value than even buying a single 3500 Zen mount (at full price) through the Zen store, as those ARE account wide unlocks. I have 15 characters in my account - all have equal access to mounts purchased 1 time through the Zen store.

To get even half of my alts the new worm mount then, I'd have to shell out upwards of 100,000 Zen ($1000 US) to get the number of mounts I wanted, were I to go through the Zen store to get them...

If you add up the value of the other items offered in older packs still offered in the Zen store, this new one really, really suffers in comparison...unless you believe those 2 level 15 enchants are worth all that extra Zen.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    The only thing missing... one of Halaster's clones for a companion. (He does have that annoying habit of cloning himself! - Ref: Hordes of the Underdark)

I suggest "Halaster A" (Storm) and "Halaster B" (MoF) and "Halaster C" (a mini-me Halaster augment).
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • keziah#5074 keziah Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Last I checked there are over 130 comments on Facebook about this as well. It isn't that I CAN'T afford it, it's that it is ridiculously overpriced for what you get for only one character. I will never understand games charging crazy prices for things and only selling a few while instead they could make the prices reasonable and sell more. Simple economics sell 3 for 150 or sell 30 for 50, 450<1500. And the fact that old packs the mount and companion were account unlocks and the last couple of packs are now one character only makes no sense to me.
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    check out the reviews on youtube.. :(

Most previous packs included account wide unlocks for the mount and/or companion. The Mod 16 pack looks like both the mount and companion are NOT account wide unlocks - you get one of each.

and the other packs came with x5 coal wards and this one only has x2 :(
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Also, this pack have 2x Rank 15 enchantment at your choice, 20x e-keys, and BiS weapons without farming for then.
    2fv72Fw.png
    edited March 2019
    exgardian said:

Also, this pack have 2x Rank 15 enchantment at your choice, 20x e-keys, and BiS weapons without farming for then.

the weapon set also sells for 80 trade bars for main and off hand for a total of 120 Trade bars

The Mountaineer Weapon Set contains one of our new level 80 Artifact weapons. This pack contains both a Primary and Secondary weapon that is appropriate for the class that opens it. Notes: Weapon Pack is bind on account, weapons themselves will become bound to character when picked up. Only one weapon pack per account but weapons will be available at the Trade Bar store at a later date.

Post edited by wemery on
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

Check out Silv3ry's youtube video she breaks it down.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    edited March 2019
    Nova , The Assist Man and Silv3ry all have reviews on youtube watch them..

krumple01 said:

Either the Cryptic product/market people know something we don't, or they typed a 0 too much in the price of that pack :)

I think one factor is the recent Chultan Tiger issue, where a lot of players paid for it and it was not cheap and is still not cheap. Players would even buy it to sell for AD on the AH and players were willing to trade a lot of AD for the tiger. But the issue players see now is that all that money spent on the tiger has been diminished making the tiger far less valuable in mod 16. Gong off this premise a player is disincentive not to make any big purchases if the value of the items in the pack are uncertain. Mod 16 is forcing this uncertainty so they aren't going to buy this pack.

Post edited by wemery on
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Wont buy the pack, and wonder who would.
    [If you have too much money and dont know how to get rid of it, maybe. But then you might as well burn it and watch the nice display at your fireside]

I would consider buying it, if it contained:
    - account wide 30 slot bag
    - account wide purple mount
    - account wide purple companion
    - plus the other char-bound stuff

Pack is utterly useless and the two tier-15 enchants dont really cut it, if you take into account that you need 30+ enchants per character...

The money grab is just too obvious. They are obviously desperate, because ZEN sales are likely down by 70-80%, maybe even more than that. Before MOD 16: ~1 million ZEN / day. Now probably 0.2 million or less. That's a loss in income of ~7000-8000$ per day, roughly 1/4 million $ per month. They should not have released MOD 16 in such a bad state, that it takes almost 2 months to go live (and live will likely be plagued with catastrophic bugs and glitches, that will take another 2-3 months to fix). If they had released preview in a state, that they could have gone live 2 weeks later, losses could have been contained. They would not have lost any money from holding back preview, because ZEN sales were stable at ~1M ZEN/day before MOD 16 was announced.
    well said
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    would be fun to say, "Paul? is that you?, after that person rode a worm.
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    In my opinion EVERYTHING on Zen-market is overpriced.
    The dev's have to do something about this economy system in the game, it's made for those players that have unlimited money. I do not have that option, I like this game, but I understand that to continue developing the game money has to come from somewhere

Make a system where players can choose from 2 different types of the game:
    1. A new player can choose free to play system (as it is now), and has to buy everything for zen in-game. But the prices have to go down here, 20 - 25% if they want to keep those players on the game.

2. A subscription system, where the player pays $12/month and can buy from zen-market for 80% of.
    This is just a thought, and it could work. Arc gets an monthly flow of income and hopefully lots of happy players hmmm.
    edited April 2019

In my opinion EVERYTHING on Zen-market is overpriced.
    The dev's have to do something about this economy system in the game, it's made for those players that have unlimited money. I do not have that option, I like this game, but I understand that to continue developing the game money has to come from somewhere

I beleave a promotional zen sale "welcome to Undermountain "will help the problem by added more zen to the games economy it won't fix the economic problem over night but its a start..

To help boost the zen sale they could also offer digital rewards as good marketing plan..Digital rewards cost them nothing as they are just code in a program and will add another layer of incentive to buy zen..

example
    buy 7500 Zen

100% Off Any Companion Coupon (BoAoP)
    Stronghold Chest of Power (BoAoP)

buy 10000 Zen

Epic Experience Booster (BoAoP)
    Stronghold Starter Pack(BoAoP)

buy 20000 Zen
    [Sigil of the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn](BoE)
    Coalescent Ward x5 (BoE)
    Race Reroll Token (BoE)
    Greater Stone of Health x2 (BoE)

I beleave this will also help boost the sales of the Delver's Expedition Pack!

So providing digital zen rewards would be a cost effective way to boost sales and add more zen to the economy.
    Almost everyone could use stronghold supplys and i would be willing to bet 75% if not more of the player base would love to get the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn unlocked..

Just my two cents ...

A example of how this would work is to look at the boost to twich prime members when he Twitch Prime Rewards bundle went live..

431 views and 15 Comments ...What do you think? Reply and tell us what you think .....

• craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Wemery, I agree with you that something, like you describe, must be done to get new players online and to keep those already playing. Now I'm talking about casual players like me, not the hardcore players, that are online a few hours a week. I would really like to buy this new mod 16 pack, but it's not an option for me to spend this amount of real money.

So, it would be interesting to see if the dev's listen to the players or just advance on and do as they want.
    i also think it will be interesting to see how this play out.