test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

chat problems

ladycaptainladycaptain Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello i been dealing with if people aren't on my friends list it keeps saying i'm igoring them how can i change that? i been playing neverwinter for since 2016 at least is there some type of setting to change? if you know anything about this feel free to message me.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Open Social Menu (O key) then look down in the lower right for the Preferences button.
    1. Status can say anything, it is just a line of text and won't effect your chat.
    2. Looking for party mode will effect teaming up with your friends.
    3. Finally the last setting hides you from everyone, only friends can see you, or visible to all.
    If it is not there, look for your friend's @handle in the Ignored TAB, if they are listed there, click the handle name and the Remove button. The list is alphabetized so finding a name is pretty easy.

If this is a brand new account, the chat is locked and you can't talk to anyone but the fake plants. To get the chat unlocked for free, you need to run a series of gauntlet tasks to be able to talk about level 30 to 35. They claim it is meant to combat gold spammers, yet I block 20 to 30 of them every month on my ignore list.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ladycaptainladycaptain Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    only problem is i don't have anyone blocked nor it's all set to visable to all. i am also a lvl 70 i been playing on this char since 2016 practically been like this ever since.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I think I know why, if you played another mmo like Sto and had that setting on. Then it effects Neverwinter you will have to go to sto and disable the option that only allows friends to pm you. Sto,Co,Neverwinter all connected the chat system is. If one game with the setting set to a certain thing it will effect the other games. So you will have to go to Sto and disable only allow friends to invite or send tells. Not sure if Co has that same interface I know NEverwinter does not have those detailed options so you best bet is maybe going into star trek online and changing the settings there. I know and have helped people with this issue in the past. Its the settings in Star Trek Online that is causing it. Not sure if CHampion online has settings like Star Trek Onlines but for sure its got to be one of those mmos you played changed the settings on and didn't know those also worked on neverwinter.