test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP fun?

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
So I am standing in an open field PVP area in Dwarven vally.Suddenly I am getting hits by invisible TR.
I am trying to land a hit on him/her to at least make this TR visible without any luck.
This continues for 30-40 sek until I have no hitpoints left and I die.
I am a PVE player and almost never PVP in Neverwinter so my PVP knowledge is kind of 0.
Because of no new content in the game I gave PVP a new chanse and it lasted for 1 hour lol.
What is the point of PVP in Neverwinter when there is a class that stay invisible and by that invincible during entire supposed to be called battle?
Where is the fun? and whats the point of even trying battle TRs with these powers?
Please tell me how it was allowed for this class to be so totally overpowered in Neverwinter PvP?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    You are telling me you didnt see the tr once? Post combat log I want to see what the were hitting you with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Sorry I dont have combat log to show you but to make this story even more awful.
    We where 3 players assigned to ten towns standing near each other.
    I was standing in the middle when attacked by TR.
    TR chosed me standing in the middle.
    My allied players did not understand the situation at all thinking I may have mental issues lol...
    Running around fighting something invisible lol.
    They where paralyzed not knowing what to do and what's happening?
    I dont blame them not helping me, I guess I would have been as clueless as they where.
    No players are prepeared or can even imagine how broken pvp is in this game is to understand these situations.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Funny you should mention this, I was up in Icewind Dale grabbing my 300 Black Ice for the Needless Distractions on one of my characters. As most know, the ice is more abundant in the PvP area. There is no point to PvP in this area unless; you have an event (e.g. Domination) or two good sized crews going at each other. One player was complaining at another for continually killing him. I was killed but hadn't said anything. The killer was IL 14K and had far more superior armor, weapons, and artifacts than the IL 6.8 who was just attempting to grab ice.

The player killer gloated and said, anyone messing with me gets what they deserve. I finally said, but you killed me and all I was doing was mining ice. You are not PvPing at this point, you are just being a player killer, looking for the weakest person and stomping them back to start. In fact, I was on the edge of the PvP area and you followed me out just kill me as I retreated. Only part of the issue is player related.

PvP has to be a challenge, but Cryptic needs to stop placing items for PvE within the PvP zones just to attempt to get cannon fodder for this poor version. I do enjoy PvP when it is done correctly. NW is far from correct. I play PvP on the weekends on Guild Wars Factions (original game not the hap-hazard remake) where you join a faction in a waiting area, and can get both 8 man teams ready to fight for Fort Aspenwood. Many people consider the game old and/or dead, but that can't be, since I can still log in and still do active PvP with 16 players.

I am not telling anyone they should spend money on Factions just to experience the best made PvP. Neverwinter's PvP ques are inactive for a good reason. It is not fun at all. We will see how they plan to correct the issue in Mod 16.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    TR's are broken, wouldn't have mattered even if you had been an experienced and geared pvp toon. Simple as that.

Pvp used to be really fun. I'd log on, run whatever dailies I had, hit a few random queues for AD, and spend the rest of the evening pvp'ing. These days I run enough content to hit the RAD cap, and then log off. Then cry over the preview threads, and try to decide what new hobby I should take up.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • freeblastfreeblast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have never really been a pvp player, and have not been "good" at it the few times I tried it in any game I played. I do go occasionally to the pvp areas in Icewind Dale/Dwarven Valley to get the Black Ice. If you go in the pvp area and get killed it is your fault for entering a pvp zone. If you went in...you are showing that you want to pvp. Entering for the "easy" Black Ice is optional. The only thing in those two area that you can't get elsewhere is Players vs Players.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @freeblast I do agree, but I also would not call hammering on some peon half my IL "fun". If I am in the PvP area and they kill me, I just go back in and grab my ice. The way I see it, if they are ignoring me, they don't want to fight, and I have nothing to prove or gain by doing it. They have the much better 1 on 1 PvP model on Champions. You just challenge and the other player can either accept or decline. They just don't have the massive PvP that the players really want. I guess you steer clear of the PvP zone, unless you are willing to die for the ice. I just don't see any benefit from, standing in the PvP area, all tanked up, picking on anything weak and pathetic, that crosses that line.
    wb-cenders.gif