test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eldritch Runestone : Armor Pen Return?

cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
How about giving the Eldritch Runestone give Armor Pen again? Or, give us the option to trade for a different Runestone? I can keep the training runestones? They still have a purpose? WHY?
I do not need/want a bunch of Bonding Runestones. What is the purpose of forcing only enchant exchanges and losing the usefulness of the Eldritch I worked hard to refine?
Thank You for allowing me to vent another frustration!!!!!
99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
Wait For It

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You only ever need 3 bonding stones on a character. Since Eldritch do for augments what bonding stones will do in M16 for all companions, there is no point to them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    Really? I was wondering what bondings were for. DOH!!!!!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    cabar1 said:

How about giving the Eldritch Runestone give Armor Pen again? Or, give us the option to trade for a different Runestone? I can keep the training runestones? They still have a purpose? WHY?
    I do not need/want a bunch of Bonding Runestones. What is the purpose of forcing only enchant exchanges and losing the usefulness of the Eldritch I worked hard to refine?
    Thank You for allowing me to vent another frustration!!!!!

Bonding stone is an enhanced Eldritch runestone. A better version of Eldritch.
    A r14 Eldritch gives you 25.5% of the pet rating. A r14 bonding gives 65% which will work with augment and not need to be triggered by an attack.
    I think you will gain a lot if they allow you to exchange a Eldritch with a bonding of the same rank.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Hmm, Yes you gain more but an Eldritch can only be exchanged for a bonding on preview. Bondings will not fit in companion equipment.

And, I already have 3 rank 14 Bondings on my companion, I have no use for any more.

I really missed the AP loss, and being able to place only RUNESTONES in the companion equipment make all of the Enchants that currently fill them pretty much USELESS!
    Wait For It
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    cabar1 said:

Hmm, Yes you gain more but an Eldritch can only be exchanged for a bonding on preview. Bondings will not fit in companion equipment.

And, I already have 3 rank 14 Bondings on my companion, I have no use for any more.

I really missed the AP loss, and being able to place only RUNESTONES in the companion equipment make all of the Enchants that currently fill them pretty much USELESS!

Sell the r14 bonding (after you do the exchange) because every character will need bonding. Not everyone has r14 runestone to do the exchange.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

The enchants become RP or AH fodder.

Find the runestones you will actually need for your comp gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    should be able to change bonding or eldritch to any rune stone using the NPC next to the claims agent in PE, if not then that needs to happen developers @nitocris83

should be able to change bonding or eldritch to any rune stone using the NPC next to the claims agent in PE, if not then that needs to happen developers @nitocris83

This is what I was meaning!
    Wait For It
    and new patch allows exchange for Runestones (Arcane gives AP).

Or maybe i missed it before, wouldn't surprise me or anyone that knows me.
    Wait For It