test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you turn off this friggin' videocam?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
I cannot find the setting anywhere to turn off my computers videocam that automatically turns on when the game starts. Any ideas?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am going to assume it is Windows 10? Here is a solution.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I'm looking for a way to turn it off just for the game. I'm beginning to think the game is extremely presumptuous and doesn't actually have such a setting and just assumes everyone wants they're video camera on. If true, that's moronic.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Video camera?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Uhm.... I was not aware of the game turning webcams on automatically, and it most certainly does not turn mine on.

Are you running the game through Arc, with Arc streaming webcam enabled ? (personally I hate the Arc software and just run the game directly without it).
    Hoping for improvements...
    Arc is possibly doing it then. Just gotta find where those settings are.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Bottom right corner; Hidden Icons; ARC symbol; turn it off there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I opened the ARC application (icon) and found nothing in the settings that turns off video. There's stuff about Chat and the Microphone but no option to actually disable it.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    The game does have audio chat feature. It could be tickling the camera? I have a built in microphone and cam on my laptop, I assume the camera is built into your monitor or laptop and cannot be unplugged? If so, the article I posted is the way to go. If the microphone is the problem, disable it under Audio Inputs and Outputs. Simply disable the access to the device and the game cannot enable it. When you are needing to use the video camera again enable it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Put a sticky note over the camera lens.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Already did that (with a sticky note).