test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new to ps4 version

I recently got the ps4 and I noticed something right away. It really feels like the pc versions gets many perks right away for example if are an amazon prime you get a free purple mount well at least this month but there seems to be nothing of the sorts for ps4 players accept for green ones.I knew the devs seemed a bit money grabby but didn't expect that the pc game to be so much favored to them than the ps4. is it the coding that much harder that they feel they need to not give the same promotions to xbox pc and ps4 equally?

Comments

• Options
    lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    That promo was across platforms but the mount part of it just ended. Most of the promos are cross platform but the new mods Andy whatnot tend to drop on PC first, often months before they do on console. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • Options
    mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I’m not sure bout the promos or favoritism but it took forever for me to receive the rewards for the winter thing when I bought the zen for a buyout token.
    I will say it does seem opinion wise that pc and Xbox players tend to think us ps people are outcast looser blacksheeps. I could be wrong. But if the Devs are PC people they could be bias I guess. It seems like ps people are generally lower class americans and middle class Japanese people, xbox and pc generally seem to be more popular with upper class people around the world, but I have no facts to back that up.
  • Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User

I’m not sure bout the promos or favoritism but it took forever for me to receive the rewards for the winter thing when I bought the zen for a buyout token.

I will say it does seem opinion wise that pc and Xbox players tend to think us ps people are outcast looser blacksheeps. I could be wrong. But if the Devs are PC people they could be bias I guess. It seems like ps people are generally lower class americans and middle class Japanese people, xbox and pc generally seem to be more popular with upper class people around the world, but I have no facts to back that up.

There was a bug this past Winter Festival in regards to the Charge Rewards, that is why it took soo long. Cryptic did fix it.

• Options
    mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    > @chimerax said:
    > I’m not sure bout the promos or favoritism but it took forever for me to receive the rewards for the winter thing when I bought the zen for a buyout token.
    >
    > I will say it does seem opinion wise that pc and Xbox players tend to think us ps people are outcast looser blacksheeps. I could be wrong. But if the Devs are PC people they could be bias I guess. It seems like ps people are generally lower class americans and middle class Japanese people, xbox and pc generally seem to be more popular with upper class people around the world, but I have no facts to back that up.
    >
    > There was a bug this past Winter Festival in regards to the Charge Rewards, that is why it took soo long. Cryptic did fix it.

Yeah it took so long I forgot and one day I was just meeting around in the home menu and they were there with no notifications, it was kinda a nice suprize though
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Games are almost always better on pc what with access to community mods and all.
    But at least console players don't have to deal with the plague of bots and leeches so endemic to pc, and while we wait longer for major updates, we generally get a better product and have a better idea of how to prepare for changes since everything is tried out on pc first. In that regard, pc players are little more than lab rats - though, lab rats with a say. That's another point in their favor. In the case of Neverwinter, maybe it all balances out.
  • Options
    msravennmsravenn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    wow yea I usually play on pc but found myself increasingly in too much pain to sit at my computer. You all do make good points .
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    msravenn said:

I recently got the ps4 and I noticed something right away. It really feels like the pc versions gets many perks right away for example if are an amazon prime you get a free purple mount well at least this month but there seems to be nothing of the sorts for ps4 players accept for green ones.I knew the devs seemed a bit money grabby but didn't expect that the pc game to be so much favored to them than the ps4. is it the coding that much harder that they feel they need to not give the same promotions to xbox pc and ps4 equally?

This is common when games are cross platform. PC players tend to have better FREE items in games than console players. Rarely do you see console players getting a better FREEBIE when the game is on PC and consoles.

I am use to PC player getting better stuff; it is the norm and if you want the better stuff, time to jump back on the PC. If you want to play a bit further from the screen and with a controller more regularly, though mouse and keyboard can be used on same games on the PS4, than go with a console. I personally prefer console as I like using a controller that doesn't need to be mapped to play a game; it simply is download and start playing.