test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you're VIP, get ready for the ninja nerf! -_-

13»

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

In addition, it is not 1K Zen per month. For the minimum, anybody who plays long enough should use a 20% off coupon. Of course, one should buy 6 month package to get further discount instead of month to month. IMO, if you buy month to month, you may as well not buying it. Also, one should buy 6 month package(s) when it is 40%/50% off.

Six months? Tell me more..

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    As you say, I'm sure a lot of players think things like the travel post, bank, mailbox, and seal vendor are "super priceless", but when one considers they all seem to be little more than time saving devices, since every single one of those things can be accessed without having to pay a thing for them - all it takes is a few minutes of a player's time - I've never considered any one of those things to be worth the expense of purchasing not to mention maintaining VIP... the reduced prices from the Wondrous Bazaar or the reduction in price for rushing Companion training and Profession tasks were on par with the strictly time saving features mentioned above as far as I was concerned, nice but ultimately nothing I would care to buy or continue to invest in to maintain. I guess I'm not in as much of a hurry as some players.

Now the team buff was OK - but since it only works while a player is in a party - it's use was limited.

Being able to invoke from anywhere was a minor plus, but but for me the only real value that gave me the inclination to purchase and keep purchasing VIP were the lockbox keys, ID scrolls, salvage anvil, 10% salvage bonus, bonus AD's, Improved invocation rewards, Immunity to injuries and occasionally No Auction House posting fees...

Neverwinter has already removed the Summon Salvage Anvil and the 10% Salvage Bonus (I liked the salvage bonus, but never had need to summon a salvage anvil), I believe the 15% AD bonus on dailies has also been removed... and what was added to replace these formerly available items? Nothing of value that I can think of... a seals merchant? Again maybe it's that I'm not in so much of a hurry that I need another simplistic time saving feature like having a seals merchant come to me, instead of taking time to go to where I can find a seals merchant. Now it is rumored ID scrolls are to be removed since they will no longer be needed - and what is going to be added to compensate players for ID Scrolls being removed?

For me, if it weren't for the value of the lockbox keys from VIP vs. having to buy those keys I doubt I would purchase another VIP since to me it seems we are losing so many worthwhile benefits only to be replaced (or not) by features that have little or no benefit, at least to me.

Just my 2¢
    DD~
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Also they changed the lockbox structure to have less/no sub-boxes.

I have been opening he older lockboxes just to get those sub-boxes, that I turn around and sell on the AH. This mostly covers the VIP expenses for me. I am not sure how the resale value has developed with the new structure lockboxes, my gut feeling is that the resale value of the lockboxes has diminished.

That would also reduce the value of the lockbox keys.

Anyone that have data on lockbox resale value before/after the new lockbox structure?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    did anyone noticed the removal of seal to rad exchange gone?
    maybe they will increase the amount of reroll rewards tokens and lockbox keys given
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i usually do get 3-6 month if when they are on sale. cheaper than monthly cost, few times for last few remaining days, i use coupons. when not happy what they did, i let it expire.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    arcanjo86 said:

What do you mean? I exchanged seal to rAD using VIP seal vendor last night.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • verazetaverazeta Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2019

jonkoca said:

Wow. Technically, they just gave you (and everyone else) infinite scrolls. Having to identify stuff was a giant pain in the HAMSTER, and now it's gone. Good, basically.

Wrong. Part of the "incentive" of PAYING for VIP was getting the bonus ID scrolls. I used them quite a bit. The unbound ones were put in the Guild Bank for other players that didn't have VIP. Taking that out, not even MENTIONING it, is uncalled for.

To put it in bluntly, I paid extra for a radio in my car, only to have the manufacturer decide that EVERYONE gets a radio and I paid extra, for nothing.
    The same could be said for..

Seat Belts.
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Air Bags

But if some company tried to charge me for any of that, i would wonder what version of 1985 i was in.

Everything evolves, me i'm perfectly happy continuing with VIP and no scrolls since the real value is the Keys and the fast travel and mailboxes and all that junk..

The scrolls where just a solution to an annoying problem...

I'm sorry that this change ruins the game for you.

krumple01 said:

In addition, it is not 1K Zen per month. For the minimum, anybody who plays long enough should use a 20% off coupon. Of course, one should buy 6 month package to get further discount instead of month to month. IMO, if you buy month to month, you may as well not buying it. Also, one should buy 6 month package(s) when it is 40%/50% off.

Six months? Tell me more..

most my guild colleagues buy 1 year of vip when we have 40% or 50% off on zen store

arcanjo86 said:

What do you mean? I exchanged seal to rAD using VIP seal vendor last night.
    check preview seal store for mod 16