test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't accept any Foundry quests!

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
Come on, guys. The sunset date isn't until April 11. The accept button doesn't do anything now!
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    hustin1 said:

Come on, guys. The sunset date isn't until April 11. The accept button doesn't do anything now!

Im sorry hustin1, I know I said somewhere else that id play your blood magic quest on release before The End but look at us now.
    Post edited by warrians on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    They lied about the April 11th date, not a surprise, I guess they wanted to kick us Foundry authors to the curb faster than I thought. Maybe they feared an uprising on the 10th just prior to the release of Module 16? I mean the Foundry closing has nothing to do with M16, but apparently they will blame this early shutdown on bots or exploits or moon phases. It don't matter, because they no longer matter to me either. :-1:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User

They lied about the April 11th date, not a surprise, I guess they wanted to kick us Foundry authors to the curb faster than I thought. Maybe they feared an uprising on the 10th just prior to the release of Module 16? I mean the Foundry closing has nothing to do with M16, but apparently they will blame this early shutdown on bots or exploits or moon phases. It don't matter, because they no longer matter to me either. :-1:

I could believe it is a bug, if the tickets we make were addressed, but lol chances are, a bug on something thats scheduled for removal and not a mainstream moneymaker is not prone to be addressed. Chances are, its disabled period, and any uproar we might stir about it will fall to deaf ears as, in my experience, 90 % of ppl we tell about it dont know what a foundry is, and dont care. Its not on youtube, its not in their power-gearing guides.

RIp the foundry.

RIP NWO

RIP this game company. I pay companies as much respect as i receive from them.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    warrians said:

I could believe it is a bug, if the tickets we make were addressed, but lol chances are, a bug on something thats scheduled for removal and not a mainstream moneymaker is not prone to be addressed. Chances are, its disabled period, and any uproar we might stir about it will fall to deaf ears as, in my experience, 90 % of ppl we tell about it dont know what a foundry is, and dont care. Its not on youtube, its not in their power-gearing guides.

RIp the foundry.

RIP NWO

RIP this game company. I pay companies as much respect as i receive from them.
    And radio silence from Cryptic...says everything.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Silence only says what you read into it. Did you email support or just send in game tickets?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    They know about it. It sure feels like someone there said, "okay, we'll blame it on something breaking it and we'll just say that we don't have the bandwidth to fix it -- even though it's just a single button. Maybe all those Foundry whiners will just go away."

That's how it feels. And frankly, I'm thinking of walking.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Relatively new here (Nov., lurking, lol) and hadn't had a chance to play a foundry quest. Was going to before the cut off date, but then this button thing happened.

Anyway, I happened to catch the tail end of a conversation earlier today, where someone (author?) was telling someone else how to play their beta foundry quest. I was curious, since they would probably know about the button thing, so I went and tried it and it worked! Others still don't work, but that one does. I thought I'd post about this in case anyone has any ideas about why it does and might be able to make a workaround (temporary, yeah) for their own, so people could play them.

The working one is "A Tale Under Starlight" by asylexx "NWS-DOLL9AVZH"
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
    Aha. I republished Blood Magic and now you can accept the quest.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I thought I'd mention, for anyone who didn't notice (I didn't at first), that the "Accept" button works on all foundry quest again. I was mostly sticking to quests published in the last week or so, but tried again for an older one, then another and they worked. So, get playing 'em while you can.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates