test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has Beholder Tank drop ended?

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
Niether I nor my alliancemates saw any beholder drop since maintenance . I tried asking people in event zone and artificer map too and noone has no idea what is going on. Has drop ended or people who farm the artificer workshop has run out of luck? Please give us some info so we can do better things with our game time if drop has ended.

Comments

• altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    I run Workshop last time several years ago. After playing it 200 times with no Beholder tank in sight for me and the entire party.
    I totally gave up on it. In my years in the game I have only seen 1 player getting one, Xbox one player video on Youtube
    and I am on pc.
    I am sure devs did that video to make players think there is a chance and waste their time lol…
    This goes for all rewards in this game.. Artefacts that I used to sell for 1mil ad on AH is discarded now because they drop every second. No real rewards in this game any more…
    Either you get nothing or you get it but it is worthless...
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    dsn1118 said:

Niether I nor my alliancemates saw any beholder drop since maintenance . I tried asking people in event zone and artificer map too and noone has no idea what is going on. Has drop ended or people who farm the artificer workshop has run out of luck? Please give us some info so we can do better things with our game time if drop has ended.

It should be available for as long as you can run the trial...

It is pretty rare, so, not surprising that the people you've asked can't say what's with it.
    FrozenFire
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I run Workshop last time several years ago. After playing it 200 times with no Beholder tank in sight for me and the entire party.
    I totally gave up on it. In my years in the game I have only seen 1 player getting one, Xbox one player video on Youtube
    and I am on pc.
    I am sure devs did that video to make players think there is a chance and waste their time lol…
    This goes for all rewards in this game.. Artefacts that I used to sell for 1mil ad on AH is discarded now because they drop every second. No real rewards in this game any more…
    Either you get nothing or you get it but it is worthless...

So you are complaining that the Beholder tank doesn't drop often enough, but also complaining about things dropping too often and losing value?

So your complaint isn't that the tank is an ultra-ultra-rare drop, it's just that you didn't get five or six to sell, right?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'd be happy with 8. That would get all my characters a mount with Ludicrous Speed setting.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    660 runs on Xbox and i finally i dropped one :)
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I usually see one drop during my playtime, rarely two. After 300 runs spread on several years, I stopped farming it the day when someone in my random party got it. You know that feeling when you touch the Beholder, and you see the big orange message with the legendary notification, and then you realize it's not your name on the notif but the name of the random stranger just next to you? Yeah, that kind of feeling. I never ran it after that.
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Actually I'm testing the drop with a rush of several hundreds of runs. My stop limit is 500 and now I'm near 150 runs. Obviously in 150 runs I'm still stuck with 0 drops. The intention of the test it's just a demostration to my guild members that none should never farm events because it's always a matter of luck and not a matter of numbers
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Actually I'm testing the drop with a rush of several hundreds of runs. My stop limit is 500 and now I'm near 150 runs. Obviously in 150 runs I'm still stuck with 0 drops. The intention of the test it's just a demostration to my guild members that none should never farm events because it's always a matter of luck and not a matter of numbers

Not sure what you can prove based on whatever result you will get.
    It is always based on luck as far as I concern.

If you get 1 in 200 runs, it does not prove it is not based on luck.
    If you get 3 in 500 runs, it does not prove it is not based on luck.
    If you get 0 in 500 runs, it does not prove it is based on luck because one can argue the number is not 500 but 500000.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I understand what you mean. It's a probability not a sure chance (If it's 1% chance, it's not 1% x 500 times). I know how it should work, in fact I'm not testing "my opinion". I'm testing the wrong opinion of my guild mates. My point of view is the same of your, it's always a matter of luck. By the way, I think you didn't understand my point. I alredy said that's a matter of luck... I'm doing this cause people think that's a matter of total runs, actually in 150 runs i got nothing. If I have "bad luck" dropping it in 500 runs, I will prove nothing but at least I will drop a mount. So there are 2 solution, 500 runs 0 drop I'm right (so it's a matter of luck) or 500 with at least 1 drop, I can't prove that's a matter of luck but at least I got 1 mount. Do you undestand now?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

I understand what you mean. It's a probability not a sure chance (If it's 1% chance, it's not 1% x 500 times). I know how it should work, in fact I'm not testing "my opinion". I'm testing the wrong opinion of my guild mates. My point of view is the same of your, it's always a matter of luck. By the way, I think you didn't understand my point. I alredy said that's a matter of luck... I'm doing this cause people think that's a matter of total runs, actually in 150 runs i got nothing. If I have "bad luck" dropping it in 500 runs, I will prove nothing but at least I will drop a mount. So there are 2 solution, 500 runs 0 drop I'm right (so it's a matter of luck) or 500 with at least 1 drop, I can't prove that's a matter of luck but at least I got 1 mount. Do you undestand now?

I guess what you can prove is: even if you run 500 times, you may not get one.
    That does not prove luck or number (unless the number is 500).
    Hopefully, you cannot prove anything but get at least one. Good luck. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I'd be happy with 8. That would get all my characters a mount with Ludicrous Speed setting.

Yeah, but that plaid clashes with everything...