test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Improving Mail System

ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
I know this is out of touch with the changes happening in the game for mod 16 but I would really like to have the option to delete mails that don't have items attached

Also it is hard to manage the mail on each character I got because campaign mails show up with Guild mail and Friends Mails and you have to delete the mail on each character

Could we have Mail Tabs one for Guild . Friend , General (Non Friends Mail & Auction House)

For someone that works and plays the game for 3 hours daily it is tedious to clean the mail on each character or play the game

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    plus one. I would love the feature. just a delete all except for those with attachments. would make life way better
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    plus one. Would be a great feature. Either that or a tick box on side of each mail so you can delete "all selected".
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    havlocke said:

plus one. Would be a great feature. Either that or a tick box on side of each mail so you can delete "all selected".

I agree with all selected. Otherwise, six months from now...

"OMG!!! I deleted all my guild leaders emails! Why would you implement this stoopid feature!"
    o.O
  • Options
    drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Changes needed go far beyond easier deletion and filtering...

1- The ability to send multiple recipients the same message without creating a new message for each recipient (like 'normal' email, comma separated list of recipients)

2- The ability to have all the players in a guild alliance in the auto-fill/lookup feature

3 - A 'Sent Mail' folder so we have a record of what we wrote in the in-game mail system

4 - A recipient/cc/bcc extension to #1 that would allow us to copy all the guild/alliance officers on what we said to one person (like behavior warnings, event proposals, things that need discussion)

Basically features similar to google/outlook/POP/LDAP mail system functionality that has been around for 25 years now...
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    I don't think features that exist in the real world would necessarily be needed for a rather simple in game mail system. But features that have exist in many other MMOs should probably get a look in. The concept of a tickbox for "delete selected" already exists in STO after all, which is Cryptic ....
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I just wish more mailboxes were available in more areas, having to travel to a place were mailboxes are available (or buy and maintain VIP to get a personal mailbox) is a pain...

But back to the OP, I'd settel for all new or unread messages appearing in one window/tab (or at the top), and all opened or saved messages appearing in another window/tab (or at the bottom). Of course we can organize mail messages by date, but a more recient message doesn't necessarily mean it is a new or unread message.
    DD~
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I wish we could protect lock mail with attachments.
    This morning I accidentally deleted a handful of items that were worth a good bit.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I wish we could protect lock mail with attachments.
    This morning I accidentally deleted a handful of items that were worth a good bit.

You get a specific pop-up message warning you that there are attachments on mail about to be deleted, and are you *sure* you want to do that? Not sure how much more you expect them to do for you on that...

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

You get a specific pop-up message warning you that there are attachments on mail about to be deleted, and are you *sure* you want to do that? Not sure how much more you expect them to do for you on that...

They could send another pop-up to confirm that I understood the previous pop-up, and that wouldn't make it through the 6 am brain fog either.

What I really need is to open my purse and get some more bank space.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I would like multiple tabs.

At minimum a friends tab that would include friends, guildmates, and self-sent mail (either direct from one character on an account to another, or that mail that you just addressed to your account name), a system tab for all mails sent to you by NPCs and the AH, and a third tab for strangers, which could be legitimate but would serve to catch spam.

A "delete all without attachments" would be fine, but I would rather have a "collect all attachments" button.

I sold stuff? Some stuff didn't sell? Great. Just let me click one button, get all of my AD, get everything that didn't sell, and then I can just delete all and be done.