test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged Quest - Clash of Wills

I'm to the point on this quest where I'm down in a cave and I need to find a way to open the gate. When I get to the spot, all mobs disappear.

I looked a youtube up on it and all the mobs stay for the guy playing. Once he kills them there is something to loot.

I got out, went back to town and started over. I went through all that again, and once again the mobs weren't there.

Anyone have this issue with this quest?
Tagged:

Comments

• mertonionmertonion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    usmdesigner,
    Sorry for taking so long to reply but yes I have that issue too. I have tried twice and, like you, I get to the end of the first part where I must fight the mobs by that tree looking thing where strange symbols are floating and spinning all around. The difference with my bug is that there are no mobs at all and there seems to be a phantom figure right in from of the tree until I step through the "glittering fan" at the end of the twinkling quest path lights. After that nothing is there and nothing to pick up that allows you to go on through to the next phase.
    Very weird and it looks like we are the only two with this issue.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    No, it's not just you. I saw the same problem last week. Something broke the quest.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jebethearrowjebethearrow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also had that problem this week.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I spent a few hours in it last night with my TR trying to see if I could locate the problem from a player's standpoint. A bunch of enemies are supposed to spawn, so I did some "exploring" with Shadowy Disappearance to see if maybe they had simply spawned in the wrong place. I was unable to find them anywhere, though. As I'm not the author I don't have any insight into how the quest is put together. It's a real shame, because it's one of the really good quests on the Foundry.

And...it's all moot for the moment, because today's patch broke the ability to accept ANY Foundry quests. How in the world does something like that even GET broken with such a small patch?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured