PC population

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Well obviously, since @mdrake1 joined in 2010, and this is the first and only post, they are very serious and in no way trolling. :trollface:

My answer to this question (for all online games) is; Can you log in? Is your account still there? If you answered "yes" the game is not dead yet. Does low or high populations matter? Since you don't have any friends, I doubt that matters much. Just log on to the game and make up a character and start playing. You will probably want to name your character something with numbers for letters and lots of X's (e.g. XD R4WR XD) Then you should beg people for PvP at level 20 in chat. Rage quit at level 30, then come back in 5 more years and ask us this same question.

Have fun! <3</p>

It does matter if your public random Q takes 3 hours to pop because nobody else is playing

Also I was around for a fair while before I posted on the forums, and I'm not sure if the date is thefirst time on THIS forum or on Arc forums, could have played another game and be newer to this one ?
    Just did a whole bunch of random queues - beginner, intermediate and advanced. The advanced was the only one that took more than 10minutes to pop. The first two took less than 2-3 min to pop. Plenty of people playing afaik. There were at least 15 instances of Demogorgan running most of the evening (my time)
    True now, I meant in the future (a month or so after Mod 16).
    We got no idea what the future will be like. We could get a massive influx of players because they like Mod 16 and have queues popping every minute. We could get a massive exodus of players because they didn't like Mod 16, and the game will be a desolate wasteland. All we can do is work with what we KNOW. And at the moment, regardless of the doomsayers, the game seems pretty alive in the timezone I'm playing in.
    OK, that in some ways disagrees with what I'm seeing, random queues still pop relatively fast, but friends list and guild activity seem way down below even the worst pre mod lulls. I've never been the only person logged in on either guild or friends before this last couple of weeks and sometimes am at previously reasonably popular times.

I expect quite a lot of people to try it and play the new levelling stuff on at least one character (I know I will), but after that will be decision time. I'm helped by the fact that my VIP runs out then and that will sharpen focus.

I'm in the same boat. I'm down to logging in once a day, refining 100k ad, claiming my key, maybe tending professions, and then I'm off. My VIP runs out in late June and it will almost certainly not be renewed even if I keep playing after this next update comes out (including after adjusting to the changes). It makes me a little bit sad because I put so much effort over the last 15 months into leveling my guild and improving my characters. I was able to get my guild from level 5 to level 11 with only one other active account (other than mine and my wife's), and the guild is about half done with the construction requirements that need to be met before we can go to level 12. And, of course, now is when the guild has grown to 90 to 100 accounts....
    Pretty much the same here. I am living on Free VIP via Twitch. Once that runs out I would be very unlikely to ever spend any money on the game again. I am leveling up a GWF via the old Campaigns for a bit of fun before Mod 16 hits.

I don't invoke anymore - had one coal ward in three years?

I don't really bother getting rAD anymore - can't see the point.

I would never buy VIP again until the lockbox loot has the carp taken out of it.

----------------

However, maybe MOD 16 will be great and bring in floods of new players. Things have to change. Evolution is a mixed curse and a blessing.

We would probably all be happier if we were still bacteria or amoeba :)
    Sometimes I do wonder if I'm playing the same game as other people ...

Invoking - it takes less than a second, gives a freebie thing. But you aren't bothering to invoke? What??

RAD - Again, What?? The entire game economy runs on AD, so have you got that much backlog on the one toon that you don't forsee yourself ever bothering to earn RAD again?

VIP - Pretty much acknowledged as best value for zen you can possibly get. You DON'T have to spend the keys you get when you get it you know. You can just store them till you see a lockbox you like. Now, if you didn't want to spend any money on Zen that's a different matter, just don't buy anything. It is technically FTP after all.
    Invoking: I assume he mean he does not go to invoke all his characters that are capable to invoke. Or, not doing 6 times per day per toon. I do that because I get one c-ward per 30 tries in average. May be I am consistently lucky.

RAD: When you have a lot of AD and rAD, you don't go out of the way to earn it. Doing RQ is "going out of the way" for me since RQ was introduced. Just earn it passively instead of actively. Personally, I have not spend anything expensive using AD for over a year. There is nothing I care to buy or consider worth buying. The only thing may be exchange to Zen but even that may be only for VIP but I still have more than 1 year to go.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Well obviously, since @mdrake1 joined in 2010, and this is the first and only post, they are very serious and in no way trolling. :trollface:

My answer to this question (for all online games) is; Can you log in? Is your account still there? If you answered "yes" the game is not dead yet. Does low or high populations matter? Since you don't have any friends, I doubt that matters much. Just log on to the game and make up a character and start playing. You will probably want to name your character something with numbers for letters and lots of X's (e.g. XD R4WR XD) Then you should beg people for PvP at level 20 in chat. Rage quit at level 30, then come back in 5 more years and ask us this same question.

Have fun! <3</p>

It does matter if your public random Q takes 3 hours to pop because nobody else is playing

Also I was around for a fair while before I posted on the forums, and I'm not sure if the date is thefirst time on THIS forum or on Arc forums, could have played another game and be newer to this one ?
    Just did a whole bunch of random queues - beginner, intermediate and advanced. The advanced was the only one that took more than 10minutes to pop. The first two took less than 2-3 min to pop. Plenty of people playing afaik. There were at least 15 instances of Demogorgan running most of the evening (my time)
    We got no idea what the future will be like. We could get a massive influx of players because they like Mod 16 and have queues popping every minute. We could get a massive exodus of players because they didn't like Mod 16, and the game will be a desolate wasteland. All we can do is work with what we KNOW. And at the moment, regardless of the doomsayers, the game seems pretty alive in the timezone I'm playing in.
    OK, that in some ways disagrees with what I'm seeing, random queues still pop relatively fast, but friends list and guild activity seem way down below even the worst pre mod lulls. I've never been the only person logged in on either guild or friends before this last couple of weeks and sometimes am at previously reasonably popular times.

I expect quite a lot of people to try it and play the new levelling stuff on at least one character (I know I will), but after that will be decision time. I'm helped by the fact that my VIP runs out then and that will sharpen focus.

I'm in the same boat. I'm down to logging in once a day, refining 100k ad, claiming my key, maybe tending professions, and then I'm off. My VIP runs out in late June and it will almost certainly not be renewed even if I keep playing after this next update comes out (including after adjusting to the changes). It makes me a little bit sad because I put so much effort over the last 15 months into leveling my guild and improving my characters. I was able to get my guild from level 5 to level 11 with only one other active account (other than mine and my wife's), and the guild is about half done with the construction requirements that need to be met before we can go to level 12. And, of course, now is when the guild has grown to 90 to 100 accounts....
    Pretty much the same here. I am living on Free VIP via Twitch. Once that runs out I would be very unlikely to ever spend any money on the game again. I am leveling up a GWF via the old Campaigns for a bit of fun before Mod 16 hits.

I would never buy VIP again until the lockbox loot has the carp taken out of it.

----------------

However, maybe MOD 16 will be great and bring in floods of new players. Things have to change. Evolution is a mixed curse and a blessing.

Invoking - it takes less than a second, gives a freebie thing. But you aren't bothering to invoke? What??

RAD - Again, What?? The entire game economy runs on AD, so have you got that much backlog on the one toon that you don't forsee yourself ever bothering to earn RAD again?

VIP - Pretty much acknowledged as best value for zen you can possibly get. You DON'T have to spend the keys you get when you get it you know. You can just store them till you see a lockbox you like. Now, if you didn't want to spend any money on Zen that's a different matter, just don't buy anything. It is technically FTP after all.

@havlocke
    What you are seeing is the decision process at work. Sure some people can decide one way or another and conclude. Some people take more time than that and wean themselves off in some fashion that works for them. Perhaps some hold out hope for there being a 2.0 that is more attractive to them than what they currently see and want to maintain the barest minimum connection.

Long story; short. Some like 2.0. Some hate it. Recognize that and discover there is no need to critique peoples disengagement process.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

----------------

Invoking: I assume he mean he does not go to invoke all his characters that are capable to invoke. Or, not doing 6 times per day per toon. I do that because I get one c-ward per 30 tries in average. May be I am consistently lucky.

RAD: When you have a lot of AD and rAD, you don't go out of the way to earn it. Doing RQ is "going out of the way" for me since RQ was introduced. Just earn it passively instead of actively. Personally, I have not spend anything expensive using AD for over a year. There is nothing I care to buy or consider worth buying. The only thing may be exchange to Zen but even that may be only for VIP but I still have more than 1 year to go.
    Completely agree 100% with what you are saying. However, that is NOT what the guy I'm responding to said or implied. Which is why I responded as I did.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I love how I can expand the prior quotes on this post ^above^ and my sarcasm is at the center in 50 shades of grey. Maybe it is just my head meds kicking me in the thalamus... but I hit that just now and it was staring into void of infinity and there I am at the center of it all. Kind of reminded me of what the author Mark Twain wrote, "You are not you -- you have no body, no blood, no bones, you are but a thought. I myself have no existence; I am but a dream -- your dream, a creature of your imagination.".
    wb-cenders.gif
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

----------------

Completely agree 100% with what you are saying. However, that is NOT what the guy I'm responding to said or implied. Which is why I responded as I did.
    If you're not going to keep playing the game, why invoke ? I'm not sure, so it's about all I do atm. I get nothing like the number of coals you do (I'd be sitting on 100+ if I did given 16 chars 6 invokes a day), 1 in 100 or maybe not quite that good is what I get.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

----------------

Its a symptom of apathy towards certain parts of the game - invoking for example is a form of RNG [heck yes its free!]. I cant be bothered to go "out of my way" as said above. So if a toon can invoke and I am online, then yes of course I invoke if I can remember. But actively logging in to do so? Nope. My luck must be consistently bad - but your welcome to keep trying, just not for me.

Nope I have no backlog on rAD, I pick it up as part of daily playing. Again, I dont seek out rAD generation. I have Rank 13 enchants and bondings. Pretty good companions. No rush to upgrade stuff when I don tknow what Mod 16 *really* means.

VIP - yes I know I can save lockboxes till a good one comes out, I havent seen a decent one in over two years amigo.

Neverwinter is a GREAT true free to play game. But certain parts of it aren't for me ;)