test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Night Terror Lure

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
Please consider adding an item that increases your chance of attracting the Night Terror. I would suggest something that costs AD and is a unique item (so no stacks) and, when carried (not necessarily equipped), will increase your chance while in Barovia at night of being targeted by the Night Terror. When you are targeted by the Night Terror the lure is consumed.

Why? Because standing around in Barovia all night hoping you'll get attacked by that blighter is really boring.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Although I don't know why you want to be attacked by Night Terror (for the head piece?), would that be easier to just set up a lure point (like chult) so that you can call out Night Terror whenever you want using your lure?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I think someone has already snuck that lure into the pockets of my characters.
    As soon as I see the "I hunger" line, I just know that I'll be attacked in a second or two...

It was fine back when I could salvage the headgear, but now it's just a few points of refine.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I think someone has already snuck that lure into the pockets of my characters.
    As soon as I see the "I hunger" line, I just know that I'll be attacked in a second or two...

It was fine back when I could salvage the headgear, but now it's just a few points of refine.

These days I would just run or bring up the thing to send it away or well, just kill me because it takes too long for me to kill it for no reward or for the reward that I don't use. The first dozen times were kind of fun but ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Just do the BHE at night. For some reason, suicidal Night Terror loves crashing that party.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As I understand it, it spawns in one of four spots. The old mill, the wolf cave, somewhere in Berez (thinking the big building with the bugged HE) and finally Yester Hill. When it spawns, it locks onto the (presumably) nearest player. In a BHE instance, there is a very good chance that player is at Yester Hill. So there is a 1 in 4 chance it will show up and target someone doing the BHE. Given the number of times in a campaign people have to do the BHE, it's almost certain that you will see it pick the wrong wrong fight multiple times.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    just grab a more empty instance and run to the 4 spots as soon as night drops, is really not hard to find the dude, another potion is to set a 4 man party and spread each one at one spot then hunt when night comes, 4 night 4 helmets 100% ...
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    The lure would be good if it were only available to those players under 10k IL. They need the experience.