test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Vanrakdoom Feedback

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    cococy said:

'Waning Darkness' is a huge pain.
    Keresa Spawn killed me like 8-12 times, after which she disappeared and was nowhere to be found, making all the pain I had to go through the dungeon (each artifact I had to collect made me die like 2-3 times) useless and I had to go out to reset.
    She kept returning to the fire, no matter if I tried running away from her in a different room and dying in a different area.

Not intending to re-run this until it's made a bit more palatable.

Exactly this happened to me also.
    Lvl 80 Fighter 19k got 2-hit killed through shield by Keresa, then POOF she's gone.
    Can't find her anywhere after respawned.
    Had to reset quest and start all over again. 25 minutes totally wasted.
    Took was NOT amused.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    After killing Keresa and talking with Celeste, the quest notification said complete, but the portal out could not be activated. Had to use portal scroll to PE to escape.
    Not a big issue, but worth noting. Happened on more then one toon.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • cococycococy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So now that companions aren't gods anymore and you guys tweaked the damage, my problem isn't really Kerestra, everything hits so hard I can't even reach her now. I'm giving up on this quest, permanently, I think.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    BUG
    Waning darkness after Subraxakar is down he can not be cleansed with Symbol nothing happens and quest can not be finished.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

After killing Keresa and talking with Celeste, the quest notification said complete, but the portal out could not be activated. Had to use portal scroll to PE to escape.
    Not a big issue, but worth noting. Happened on more then one toon.

Killed her as Barbarian because i wanted toi change to tank spec and she found me at the respawn fire, 9 deaths before my pet keilled her...
    marnival said:

BUG
    Waning darkness after Subraxakar is down he can not be cleansed with Symbol nothing happens and quest can not be finished.

After the event abouve got the same result, cant clean the dragon...
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Quest : Shattering Revelation
    the npc celeste doesn't not show up sometimes .

https://ibb.co/GvrYywn
    Quest : Vampire Reject
    killing vampire doesn't count in this quest it's stuck 0/10 .
    probly due to devs trying to fixe the barovia cards drop from vampire in this map .
    edited March 2019
    Quest Waning Darkness
    the mobs/ vampire on this map do alot of dmg 25k-200k
    the vampire boss : hits for 130k dmg melee hits // the cast ball 200k // and even got hit for 900k from one ball
    the cutscene after killing the shadow dragon not working right , you now see the first part but after the screen stay black for 30s .
    the door at the end of the quest still doesnt' work , so you can't leave to finsh this quest .
    ( i went to bed at this point but the game kick me out of the quest next time i log in , that's how i got out )

https://ibb.co/wcgkmGM

how i got out next day :

https://ibb.co/1RxHH4k

my stats ( for the mobs the dmg balance ) :

https://ibb.co/9yYrRwk
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    All vampires do too much damage, I have Rank 12 Barkshield, 42k Defense and 286k HP and I get one shot by them, not to mention the vampire boss who can't even be killed quickly. (I have 21.5k iL total with orange quality golden watcher weapons.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Stuck on Celeste - Keresa boss artifact quest. After I get killed one time by her, she goes back to her spawn point, she wont move or attack, and has infinite health. A reset yeilded the same result. I carefully cleared out the room first to take her on one on one, but died again, and she returned to spawn, stuck. This is an awfully painful quest to keep repeating. Lots of vampire & assassin groups. It eats up mass life scrolls whenever you make a mistake.

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    dressroba said:

probly due to devs trying to fixe the barovia cards drop from vampire in this map .

I ran into the same issue this morning. Killed vampires in different areas and still made no progress. I finished the other two quests, dropped this one and couldn't pick it back up (in the tunnel at least). Vampires and their mob packs are too tough. My paladin is 20k ilvl and hp is getting wiped out (50-80%) in 2 seconds of engaging a group. A vampire's slam attack hit for 135k.

edited March 2019
    Dragon bug confirmed. I killed Subraxakar after a long 15 minute battle. Now that its dead, there is no way out of the room and no action does anything.

If this is expected to be a solo quest... I recommend giving the dragon half its current heath, and bumping up the damage that it does by about 10%. That way the player is not bored to death by the time it falls.

Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

Dragon bug confirmed. I killed Subraxakar after a long 15 minute battle. Now that its dead, there is no way out of the room and no action does anything.

If this is expected to be a solo quest... I recommend giving the dragon half its current heath, and bumping up the damage that it does by about 10%. That way the player is not bored to death by the time it falls.

You are supposed to pull the dragon to the moonbeam, it the dies quite quickly and easily. The problem seems to be that there are 3 random spots the moonbeam spawns in and if you don't kill it in the moonbeam it then bugs.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Keresta still hits like a truck. The vampire spawn aren't so bad.

Anyone know if this being sorted in the next patch?
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    I lied. Full health to 0 in under 3 seconds. HP over 190K, 29k defense and using Trans Barkshield. Ouch.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    If this part of the story line is meant to be done in a group, a warning should be shown. If not, Keresta and the vamps need some adjustment. I don't want a cakewalk but I also don't want to carry 1000 stones of health either.
    I aim to misbehave
  • soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    keresta and the vampss are way to strong.

But also BUG: u can kite Keresta back to the last campfire stand in the fire she wont attack and u can nuke her down.

or this is by designe since she can realy hamster u UP :D
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Vampire Assassins are still hitting a 20k ilvl, defense-capped character for 50-60k
    Skill=Sweep, which is a no-red-producing AoE that they can chain-cast (was hit by it 3x in the gap between hits of Brash Strike). They're literally doing 10x the damage of Gloomblades and Gloom Lords. A 3-pack of an Assassin, a Gloomblade, and a Gloom Lord just killed me from full health in less than 2 seconds.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    BUG: Waning Darkness
    Still unable to progress past killing the shadow dragon. The amulet does nothing and Geyster can not be freed. i have been reporting this for at least 2 weeks.
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

Still unable to progress past killing the shadow dragon. The amulet does nothing and Geyster can not be freed. i have been reporting this for at least 2 weeks.

I literally just completed this. Did you kill him in a moonbeam?
    Charisma was my dump stat.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

ragnarz2 said:

I literally just completed this. Did you kill him in a moonbeam?
    Killed in a moonbeam every time. I completed this the first weekend on a diff char but since then it hasn't worked for me.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Great idea poor execution.
    Here is a video of how we finally got it to work. Yes, it was painful and slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcPPNwhz6w

I think the problem is that the Dragon dies if you DPS it down too quickly and miss the protected green hp bar. The green protected HP bar flashes so fast that if your amulet is on cool down you miss it and the dragon dies. You are damned if you do or don't depending on exactly when you use the Amulet at the end of the fight. If you listen to the prompts from Celeste you often use it too early and end up missing the correct time because it is then on cool down. I have had several people tell me that they never even saw a green hp bar.

As it is now we unsummon pets and only one person does dps with only at-wills and even then we often fail because the amulet is on cool down.

I think this could be fixed in three ways.
    1)Extend the amount of time the "green" hp bar is displayed make sure it is longer than the Amulet cool down. Make sure the Dragon is immune to damage from anything but the amulet during this time. (Companions kill it all the time)

2)Remove to cool down from the Amulet.

3)Make the dragon immune to damage or self heal once the green hp bar shows up. At that point the Amulet should be the only way to finish the fight.

The display of the green hp bar on the dragon expires way too fast and he is not immune to damage during this time which causes him to die.

The amulet cool down is way to long and the prompt often tells you to use it right before the green hp bar appears, leaving you unable to use it seconds later when you really need to.

There is no message to tell you that you failed and why you failed. You are left there thinking you need to use the amulet on the dead body of the dragon. (You have no idea how many times I have seen people try this over and over until I convince them we need to leave and reset the whole dungeon.)

There is no way out of the instance if you fail. If you /defeat me you will spawn right outside of the area but the dragon will still be dead and you will have no idea how to proceed.

The mechanic is cool but it is tedious and most players will run in and kill the dragon before they hear Celeste telling them to pull it to a moonbeam and use the amulet.

I have done this quest about 15 times now and only get it right every 3rd or so try. I often party people who I see standing there just to help them get through. The pisser is that if you kill the dragon you get no fail message and you are locked into the instance with no idea that you actually failed to do it as designed. The only way out is to use a teleport scroll to PE and then log all the way out of the game.

Just from reading this thread I can see that a lot of people are not even aware of the mechanics to begin with. This is a problem in itself. It is not a bug, but many will still have problems with this fight because they miss the mechanics or do not hear Celeste.
    Post edited by oremonger#9999 on
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Waning Darkness (Keresta Boss fight)
    I have done this fight on several classes, solo and in parties. This boss can one shot tanks through shields, and often uses two big attacks in a row, one melee and one spell that often double kill you if you have soulforged or use a scroll too fast.

I managed to kill her in this video, but failed the Dragon fight following this and had to do it all over again. The next time I spent 10 or more scrolls and was sent to the campfire several times before I killed her.

The fight is fun, but should be scaled for parties and for solo. Her powers and melee attacks need to be toned down a bit for solo so that one shots or even worse double one shots don't happen as frequently.

Before you say it, I do not main a rogue so I honestly have little clue how to play this class properly. Please be nice about my lack of skill and choice of encounters and set-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtQBJKOoL00
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I finished the campaign last night, vampires still hit pretty hard but with the paladin/tank changes it's pretty bearable. No issues with either boss. Keresta went down fairly easy as did most other "bosses" (extended hp bar) compared to the packs of vampires. The shadow dragon quest was easy based on the tips others have left here about dragging the dragon into the moonbeam (seems like regular lighting though) before attacking. After killing the dragon, it took a while to see that I had to use the amulet by the dragon as the quest marker stays by the perch (elevated block again). Other than that, there weren't many issues with the final quest as level 80, 20k ilvl tank paladin.

Consider breaking up the "Waning Darkness" quest into two quests. It is quite long, and contains two bosses, leading to frustration when players require a quest reset. If Celeste were to show up after defeating Keresta, a player could turn in the Waning Darkness Quest and pick up the 'Part 2' quest.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Assassins and vampires are grossly overpowered in this zone. Also way too much knock-back by various mobs, I sometimes feel like a ping pong ball. I seriously wish the devs would implement cc immunity like Dark Age of Camelot did back in the day, being chain cc'ed is not acceptable.

My Paladin probably has a 50/50 chance of beating a pack of these mobs. My HR dies every time, and can't even get through the first quest. Until I see something done about these mobs, I'm done testing in this zone, just not worth the headache.
    I was able to solo the Waning Darkness quest yesterday after the patch. including the Vampires and Keresta so that aspect is fixed I believe. they are no longer doing between 200k-600k at a time.

In doing the dragon quest, I never even saw a green HP bar that others have mentioned. I spoke to Celeste and went to the dragon and used the amulet completing the quest.

I had read the posts from others outlining what needed to be done with the dragon and the moonbeams as well as the amulet. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have missed the various clues as to what to do. I have voice volume off (because repeated npc dialogue gets annoying fast) so if there is a voice saying something I'll never hear it. And I have most notifications shoved over to the side so they don't clog up my screen.

If others have similar settings and haven't read the forums, they will have trouble.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Assassins and vampires are grossly overpowered in this zone. Also way too much knock-back by various mobs, I sometimes feel like a ping pong ball. I seriously wish the devs would implement cc immunity like Dark Age of Camelot did back in the day, being chain cc'ed is not acceptable.

My Paladin probably has a 50/50 chance of beating a pack of these mobs. My HR dies every time, and can't even get through the first quest. Until I see something done about these mobs, I'm done testing in this zone, just not worth the headache.

Bring a real tank with you ;p
    /em hide behind a big tree.. Just kidding
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    edited March 2019
    dressroba said:

this quest got fixed now .

also vampire do less dmg now overall .
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Note to Dev Team

Waning Darkness (Keresta Boss fight)
    I have done this fight on several classes, solo and in parties. This boss can one shot tanks through shields, and often uses two big attacks in a row, one melee and one spell that often double kill you if you have soulforged or use a scroll too fast.

As I agree with Oremonger in his comment about the Waning Darkness (Keresta Boss fight) regarding scaling a bit between Solo and group formation... Which is a good thing

With that being said I will put here down my personal view.

I feel forced to bring this up for the sole reason that Dev's are not trapped again in the endless (in my eyes) negative spiral of adjustments on adjustments, followed up by more complains, fixes, adjustments and even more complains.
    This endless spiral between Dev's and complainers is what we see on Live server and it's my opinion ruining the game as whole.
    I have seen many times that players are skipping game content and rushing straight (in Sharandar gear) towards Barovia for free gear (to get minimum Itemlevel for endgame dungeons) and entering the endgame without proper gear, without proper enchants, without proper companion / mount setup and on top of that the missing of essential boons (caused by skipping game content by rushing straight from leveling towards endgame content)

I not even mentioning those who have putted real life cash in the game, sometimes their tone smell's sometimes more like a demand, like they own the game.

On live server it's for me (as being a (in my eyes) proper build OP) sometimes hard to keep attention, just for the fact that (especially) Bosses are hitting me with a wet cloth and hardly place a dent in me and it's frankly said the result of Dev's who are listening too much to what players comes up with..
    Take the Orcus fight in TonG (a static boss) as example… It seems to me that one of two things are happening.
    1. Or the Dev's have tuned down the damage output of this Boss for convenience of players who have a hard time at this Boss.
    2. Or I am (as being a tank) on the right path (especially when looking towards mod16) with my build/setup
    Orcus always gives me the opportunity to let him hit me while I am walking towards kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee.

Now, to get back to preview.
    I have copied my OP to preview (and made a fresh character, for testing the questline you get while leveling up) for testing purposes (Quest wise) and for made notes for my personal goal(s) to start working on prior upcoming mod 16.
    As for the Vampires and Assassin's in this quest, I just jump in, gather aggro and let them hit me (without guarding), same thing count's for Keresta fight, which proves that I was on right path to start with (HP/Defense/Deflect)… There are players (who I have given an helping hand) can vow for this fact.

Bottomline is.
    Players should first take a look at themselves (how can I improve myself for mod16) before jumping on the wagon in attempt to scale down the damage outputs from mobs on forehand, if the Dev's are reacting to this then I'm afraid that mod 16 will become just a extension of that spiral (I mentioned earlier), despite the fact that the intentions of Dev's to bring the game down to it's core (as it should be to begin with) which is a good thing in my eyes...

Bring back the challenges.

Players should focus on bugs (like hitting trough shield of tanks, something I have not experience with) and other things, which is more important than complains about damage outputs of mobs... I can do it (as being a tank with low DPS), so other classes can do it too...
    Al it takes is adjust yourself to new situation instead of trying to adjust the new situation towards your personal preferences.

Dev's should (and must) be aware of these things and not letting themselves being pulled back into that endless negative Spiral.

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer