test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions Artisan Recruitment item gave me a common artisan

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User
It says in the description it will only give a rare or epic artisan.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The tooltip indicates it gives a common, rare, or epic item.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    @nitocris83 it seriously doesn't help that the item looks identical to one where the rarity IS guaranteed that you got for your old professions. I failed to check the tooltip a second time, I suspect several people looked at the tooltip on the first one and assumed they were buying the same item.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I would not recommend buying these recruitment orders. They're not worth the spend. As the OP has discovered, the quality of the artisan you get is completely random and, as far as I can tell, it follows the same rules as the applications you get naturally over time. This means (again, as far as I can tell) that it skews toward common artisans and that you can't get an epic artisan unless you've got a rank 4 workshop (which would mean you also can't get a rare artisan unless you've got a rank 3 or rank 4 workshop).

At the very least, you should be able to choose the quality of the artisan you get. Personally, I feel like you should be able to choose the exact artisan you get. For me, anything less than choosing the exact artisan I want is a waste of money.