test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 16: Changes to Companions

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
I have to admit I don't fully comprehend what the changes mean to me in regards to what they're doing with Companions. I'm curious to know if you guys think my Owlbear Cub companion (Epic) will be not as useful in Mod 16 since it's good for just augmenting me and provides no other offense/defense support. I wonder if maybe it will be basically deprecated or will augment-only companions still be as useful.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Augments will still have stats that the bondings will pass along.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    First they basically change how we attach runestones to our companions. Your Owlbear Cub currently has 3 offense slots and 3 item slots for; Talisman, Ring, Ring.

In mod 16, all companions share the same 3 runestone slots which are reserved for Bonding only. Over on the right side all companions share the same 3 item slots reserved for Companion only items, no more placing primal rings etc. on them. The companion only items no longer accepts enchantments, they use any runestone except bonding. This means your companions could share the same 3 companion only rings. And all other companion equipment is junk. You need 3 bonding per character and if you own eldritch you can convert them to bonding in M16 at the person next to the Rewards Claim Agent. You also need 6 runestones and 3 companion only items per character.

Down below you can see (assuming you have other companions) the abilities given from various groups sorted by classification. The image shown above, I have the skeleton companion active, and he grants "Boney Wisdom" in that block. Thus all companions became very generic and you would be running your augment for skin only purpose. I don't have an Owlbear Cub to tell you if they changed the stat bonus or not. Your best bet is to wait for mod 16 in April or clone your character, load preview, and see for yourself.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Thanks for the detail explanation Sandukutupu!
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The Owlbear Cub is currently a 10% chance on hit to do 20/30/40/50% of weapon damage when you don't do a critical hit. The damage % scaling starts at uncommon (green), and hits 50% at legendary.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

The Owlbear Cub is currently a 10% chance on hit to do 20/30/40/50% of weapon damage when you don't do a critical hit. The damage % scaling starts at uncommon (green), and hits 50% at legendary.

1% chance to get 10% chance to do 10% more damage reduced after hidden back end damage reduction of 20% but great companion.