Install Arc

PC population

mdrake1mdrake1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Is this game dead on pc?

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    no
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    Its currently on artificial respiration and feeding tube, unconscious and possibly brain dead, but still "alive".
  • badkarma989#6736 badkarma989 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    You don't play much on PC, do you?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Yes. It has been dying for years.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It is dead.... unless you have 20000 friends in a guild from another game that will come with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It's awaiting a final diagnosis which will come about a month after mod 16 hits live. I'm seeing about 1/4 the normal people active on my friends and guild lists compared with normal much of the time. This does however happen although not in quite as extreme fashion when getting to the end of a mod and the start of the next one. Mod 16 has put a number of people off and I suspect more than usual will come back, take a brief look at Mod 16 and quit for good.

My VIP comes up at the end of April, and if nothing much changes from preview and I'm still having zero fun with it, I expect that will be the end of my 6+ years here.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    In the aftermath of MOD 16 we will see if NVW comes out of its coma or is administered last rights. Right now I am leaning towards the latter after taking 2 classes to 80 on the test server.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    they really ought to just relable it neverwinter 2 and advertise it ithat way on steam and what not.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    There must be some people playing, cuz I sold around 100 gmops and around 50 smops today in AH, cuz I am bored and spend my time here now playing Refinement Bag Lottery, just getting my AD max, buying bags, and selling off the contents at lowball prices cuz it is more fun than running the same junk over and over again and waiting for my Archery Hunter to become even more vanilla and irrelevant...
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Yes. It has been dying for years.

It's been dying since it went live.

...just like the rest of us.
    Hey!! You said it funnier than I did. Cut that out!
    edited March 2019

Well obviously, since @mdrake1 joined in 2010, and this is the first and only post, they are very serious and in no way trolling. :trollface:

My answer to this question (for all online games) is; Can you log in? Is your account still there? If you answered "yes" the game is not dead yet. Does low or high populations matter? Since you don't have any friends, I doubt that matters much. Just log on to the game and make up a character and start playing. You will probably want to name your character something with numbers for letters and lots of X's (e.g. XD R4WR XD) Then you should beg people for PvP at level 20 in chat. Rage quit at level 30, then come back in 5 more years and ask us this same question.

Have fun! <3</p>

It does matter if your public random Q takes 3 hours to pop because nobody else is playing

Also I was around for a fair while before I posted on the forums, and I'm not sure if the date is thefirst time on THIS forum or on Arc forums, could have played another game and be newer to this one ?
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I agree that joining dates and participation on the forums doesn't necessarily show anything. If I remember correctly then the first NWO forums weren't even supported by Arc.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

Well obviously, since @mdrake1 joined in 2010, and this is the first and only post, they are very serious and in no way trolling. :trollface:

My answer to this question (for all online games) is; Can you log in? Is your account still there? If you answered "yes" the game is not dead yet. Does low or high populations matter? Since you don't have any friends, I doubt that matters much. Just log on to the game and make up a character and start playing. You will probably want to name your character something with numbers for letters and lots of X's (e.g. XD R4WR XD) Then you should beg people for PvP at level 20 in chat. Rage quit at level 30, then come back in 5 more years and ask us this same question.

Have fun! <3</p>

It does matter if your public random Q takes 3 hours to pop because nobody else is playing

Also I was around for a fair while before I posted on the forums, and I'm not sure if the date is thefirst time on THIS forum or on Arc forums, could have played another game and be newer to this one ?
    Just did a whole bunch of random queues - beginner, intermediate and advanced. The advanced was the only one that took more than 10minutes to pop. The first two took less than 2-3 min to pop. Plenty of people playing afaik. There were at least 15 instances of Demogorgan running most of the evening (my time)
    havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

Just did a whole bunch of random queues - beginner, intermediate and advanced. The advanced was the only one that took more than 10minutes to pop. The first two took less than 2-3 min to pop. Plenty of people playing afaik. There were at least 15 instances of Demogorgan running most of the evening (my time)
    True now, I meant in the future (a month or so after Mod 16).

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

We got no idea what the future will be like. We could get a massive influx of players because they like Mod 16 and have queues popping every minute. We could get a massive exodus of players because they didn't like Mod 16, and the game will be a desolate wasteland. All we can do is work with what we KNOW. And at the moment, regardless of the doomsayers, the game seems pretty alive in the timezone I'm playing in.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

PC is currently hit by a massive depression caused by the earthquake known as 'mod 16'.

With the future so uncertain, people are reluctant to invest any more time or money in the game.

Once mod 16 hits some of the playerbase will return, and some will conclude the changes are to big or the end result is too bad and leave. Time will tell.. for now people are just sitting tight and accumulating RP and AD to meet the storm.

It's not just that, but we're in that quiet, between mods moment, where some players have finished the AI campaign, and gone elsewhere for now, others aren't as anxious to get the campaign done (as they've finished it), some might just be logging in to get keys / get 100k rAD, and be done.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @mdrake1 said:
    > Is this game dead on pc?

Greatest, most overasked, most superficial, most overly simplistic, most under-thought hyperbole question of all time.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

We got no idea what the future will be like. We could get a massive influx of players because they like Mod 16 and have queues popping every minute. We could get a massive exodus of players because they didn't like Mod 16, and the game will be a desolate wasteland. All we can do is work with what we KNOW. And at the moment, regardless of the doomsayers, the game seems pretty alive in the timezone I'm playing in.
    OK, that in some ways disagrees with what I'm seeing, random queues still pop relatively fast, but friends list and guild activity seem way down below even the worst pre mod lulls. I've never been the only person logged in on either guild or friends before this last couple of weeks and sometimes am at previously reasonably popular times.

I expect quite a lot of people to try it and play the new levelling stuff on at least one character (I know I will), but after that will be decision time. I'm helped by the fact that my VIP runs out then and that will sharpen focus.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @cdnbison said:
    >
    >
    > It's not just that, but we're in that quiet, between mods moment, where some players have finished the AI campaign, and gone elsewhere for now, others aren't as anxious to get the campaign done (as they've finished it), some might just be logging in to get keys / get 100k rAD, and be done.

_____
    Not only that but since m16 makes a lot of things obsolete, there isn't a lot of reason to farm certain content, Crown Seals, Soulmonger Ampolues, KTeam IOUs are all basically irrelevant now. I don't know how mod 16 will turn out, but in the meantime, a lot of things I might want to do have become pointless. Since I have a massive RAD backlog, all I need to really do is claim my key, refine 100k and log out. There are few odds and ends I've found to work on but after an hour each night, it is easier to log out and read or do something around the house.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    pitshade said:

> @cdnbison said:

>

>

> It's not just that, but we're in that quiet, between mods moment, where some players have finished the AI campaign, and gone elsewhere for now, others aren't as anxious to get the campaign done (as they've finished it), some might just be logging in to get keys / get 100k rAD, and be done.

_____

Not only that but since m16 makes a lot of things obsolete, there isn't a lot of reason to farm certain content, Crown Seals, Soulmonger Ampolues, KTeam IOUs are all basically irrelevant now. I don't know how mod 16 will turn out, but in the meantime, a lot of things I might want to do have become pointless. Since I have a massive RAD backlog, all I need to really do is claim my key, refine 100k and log out. There are few odds and ends I've found to work on but after an hour each night, it is easier to log out and read or do something around the house.

Similar situation here except I use the time cap to straighten my workshop factories, MC infrastructure, etc so that one day, I can be ready for it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

OK, that in some ways disagrees with what I'm seeing, random queues still pop relatively fast, but friends list and guild activity seem way down below even the worst pre mod lulls. I've never been the only person logged in on either guild or friends before this last couple of weeks and sometimes am at previously reasonably popular times.

I expect quite a lot of people to try it and play the new levelling stuff on at least one character (I know I will), but after that will be decision time. I'm helped by the fact that my VIP runs out then and that will sharpen focus.

I'm in the same boat. I'm down to logging in once a day, refining 100k ad, claiming my key, maybe tending professions, and then I'm off. My VIP runs out in late June and it will almost certainly not be renewed even if I keep playing after this next update comes out (including after adjusting to the changes). It makes me a little bit sad because I put so much effort over the last 15 months into leveling my guild and improving my characters. I was able to get my guild from level 5 to level 11 with only one other active account (other than mine and my wife's), and the guild is about half done with the construction requirements that need to be met before we can go to level 12. And, of course, now is when the guild has grown to 90 to 100 accounts....
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

I'm in the same boat. I'm down to logging in once a day, refining 100k ad, claiming my key, maybe tending professions, and then I'm off. My VIP runs out in late June and it will almost certainly not be renewed even if I keep playing after this next update comes out (including after adjusting to the changes). It makes me a little bit sad because I put so much effort over the last 15 months into leveling my guild and improving my characters. I was able to get my guild from level 5 to level 11 with only one other active account (other than mine and my wife's), and the guild is about half done with the construction requirements that need to be met before we can go to level 12. And, of course, now is when the guild has grown to 90 to 100 accounts....
    Pretty much the same here. I am living on Free VIP via Twitch. Once that runs out I would be very unlikely to ever spend any money on the game again. I am leveling up a GWF via the old Campaigns for a bit of fun before Mod 16 hits.

I don't invoke anymore - had one coal ward in three years?

I don't really bother getting rAD anymore - can't see the point.

I would never buy VIP again until the lockbox loot has the carp taken out of it.

----------------

However, maybe MOD 16 will be great and bring in floods of new players. Things have to change. Evolution is a mixed curse and a blessing.

We would probably all be happier if we were still bacteria or amoeba :)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I doubt mod 16.. will just bring droves of players.. but who knows.. look how many play fortnite.. simplistic silly looking thing.

But that being said, doesnt mean people who are here now.. will love it.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Can you say TRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLL???

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

Have fun! <3</p>

Pretty much the same here. I am living on Free VIP via Twitch. Once that runs out I would be very unlikely to ever spend any money on the game again. I am leveling up a GWF via the old Campaigns for a bit of fun before Mod 16 hits.

I don't invoke anymore - had one coal ward in three years?

I don't really bother getting rAD anymore - can't see the point.

I would never buy VIP again until the lockbox loot has the carp taken out of it.

----------------

However, maybe MOD 16 will be great and bring in floods of new players. Things have to change. Evolution is a mixed curse and a blessing.

We would probably all be happier if we were still bacteria or amoeba :)
    Sometimes I do wonder if I'm playing the same game as other people ...

Invoking - it takes less than a second, gives a freebie thing. But you aren't bothering to invoke? What??

RAD - Again, What?? The entire game economy runs on AD, so have you got that much backlog on the one toon that you don't forsee yourself ever bothering to earn RAD again?

VIP - Pretty much acknowledged as best value for zen you can possibly get. You DON'T have to spend the keys you get when you get it you know. You can just store them till you see a lockbox you like. Now, if you didn't want to spend any money on Zen that's a different matter, just don't buy anything. It is technically FTP after all.