test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Preview Patch Notes: NW.110.20190311b.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Note: We may have included patch notes for issues that were never present on Preview.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
General
  • Fixed some issues related Sinye and the runic energy quest series.
  • Increased the base modifier for mini-boss health and the epic dungeon buff modifier for boss health.
  • Numerous fixes and polishing to Expeditions and Dungeons.
  • Old class names will no longer appear on the Seal Vendor and Trade Bar Merchant.
Catacombs
  • Replaced Basilisk with Ettercap in the cells.
Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Underdark
  • Updated the minimum suggested item level to 11,000.
Lair of the Mad Mage
  • Improved the LOD distances to better support low end graphic cards.
  • Numerous fixes and changes based on player feedback on the bosses.
Trials
  • Item level for trials is consistent with previous dungeons.
Yawning Portal
  • Added correct Gear vendor contact in Yawning Portal.
  • Rune-Etched Armor Quest no longer has generic placeholder text.
  • Rune Quest chain displays correct in the Quest Journal.

Combat and Powers
General Combat
  • Powers that stated "place yourself at the top of the target's threat list" now place you at the top of the threat list.
  • The Levels of various class powers have been adjusted to be more consistent across classes.
Companions
  • Added magnitude type to powers on some companions.
Classes and Balance
  • Multiple Classes
    • Replaced a number of placeholder power icons.
  • Barbarian
    • Bounding Smash is now a 30' lunge that deals 20 magnitude damage to enemies in a 8' area around the target.
    • Determination has been renamed to Rage.
    • Indomitable Battle Strike's cooldown has been reduced to 12s, from 16s.
    • Mighty Leap's magnitude has been increased to 300, up from 200.
    • Mighty Leap's cooldown has been increased to 16s, up from 14s.
    • Punishing Charge's magnitude has been increased to 700, up from 125.
    • Punishing Charge no longer has charges, and now has an 18s cooldown.
    • Punishing Charge is no longer an AoE. It now requires a single target and has a range of 60'.
    • Restoring Strike now absorbs 100% of the damage dealt as hit points.
    • Restoring Strike's magnitude has been reduced from 600 to 500.
    • Restoring Strike's cooldown has been increased to 15s, up from 12s.
    • Restoring Strike may no longer be used without a target.
    • Restoring Strike's art has been adjusted.
    • Restoring Strike has been renamed Bloodletter.
    • Shift Power no longer shows a white icon with no information.
    • Warrior's Courage feat has been replaced with Challenger's Charge, which adds to Punishing Charge effect.
  • Barbarian (Blademaster)
    • Brash Strike is now a single target at-will that deals magnitude 85 damage each swing.
    • Flourish's art has been adjusted.
    • Flourish's cooldown has been reduced to 20s, from 24s.
    • Flourish's damage has been reduced to 1100 magnitude, from 1300.
    • Flourish has been renamed Frenzy.
    • Grand Fissure has been replaced with Axestorm, which deals 1000 magnitude damage to enemies in a 50' long, 10' wide area. This power has a 16s cooldown and no longer applies a slow.
    • Hidden Daggers no longer increases targets' damage taken.
    • Hidden Daggers now grants the effect of Surprise Attack, causing you to deal an additional 200 magnitude damage to all targets on your next attack.
    • Hidden Daggers now causes you to leap back 15', up from 4'.
    • Weapon Master's Strike has been renamed Relentless Slash and hits enemies in an area, for magnitude 30. (The 12s, 5% increase to damage dealt remains unchanged.)
  • Barbarian (Sentinel)
    • Reaping Strike has been moved to the Sentinel path and renamed Sentinel's Slash.
    • Sentinel's Slash now automatically blocks all attacks from the front as long as stamina remains. Stamina does not regenerate while charging Sentinel's Slash.
    • Sentinel’s Slash damage increases the amount of charge as indicated on the tooltip.
    • Will of the Sentinel: Increases the threat bonus slightly and is now visible on the powers sheet.
  • Cleric
    • Channel Divinity now regenerates significantly more divinity out of combat.
    • Divinity cost of Daunting Light has been reduced to 100, from 180. (Does not affect Arbiter Cleric)
    • Divinity regeneration rate outside of combat has been slightly increased.
    • Sacred Flame no longer deals 0 damage on hit.
  • Cleric (Devout)
    • Intercession's cooldown has been reduced to 24s, down from 30s.
    • Wide Flare feat has been replaced with Savior's Steps, which allows the caster to move while channeling Astral Shield.
    • Paragon feats icons are displayed correctly.
  • Cleric (Arbiter)
    • Bastion of Health divinity cost has been increased to 380, from 80. (Only affects Arbiter Cleric)
    • Conflagrate now generates 2 stacks of Radiant Judgement per use, up from 1 stack.
    • Mendicant's Judgement now grants burning judgement, changed from radiant judgement.
    • Mendicant's Judgement no longer grants judgement stacks when healing yourself.
    • Mendicant's Judgement no longer grants judgement stacks when the healed target's health is already full.
    • Responsiveness of judgement to divinity conversion caused by channel divinity has been improved.
    • Scales of Judgement's tooltip has been updated to reflect the fact that choosing Arbiter increases the divinity cost of base cleric spells.
  • Fighter
    • Anvil of Doom's cooldown has been reduced to 18s, from 28s.
    • Anvil of Doom's damage has been decreased to 1000 magnitude, from 1600.
    • Falling damage can no longer be blocked.
  • Fighter (Dreadnaught)
    • Into The Fray, when enhanced by Rising Revenge, would incorrectly lower your vengeance when you already had over 50 vengeances.
  • Fighter (Vanguard)
    • Guarded Strike no longer causes the fighter to step forward.
    • Path of the Vanguard's threat bonus has been increased.
    • Shield Throw cast time has been reduced to make the power more visually fluid when moving.
  • Paladin
    • Burning Light's cooldown has been reduced to 15s, from 20s.
    • Burning Light now deals 300 magnitude damage when fully charged, up from 200. (The power previously did not improve when charged.)
    • Divine Call now regenerates significantly more divinity out of combat.
    • Divinity regeneration rate outside of combat has been slightly increased.
    • Sacred Weapon's effect has been increased to 80 magnitude, from 40.
    • Smite's magnitude has been decreased to 1200, from 1600.
  • Paladin (Justicar)
    • Divinity cost of Divine Touch has been increased to 220, up from 80.
    • Oath of Protection increases the threat bonus slightly.
    • Justicar’s Charge will no longer regain Divinity by falling.
  • Rogue
    • Bait and Switch now triggers when E is pressed.
  • Warlock
    • Dark Prayers has been moved into the base Warlock tree.
    • Deadly Curse has been moved into Hellbringer Paragon Path.
    • Dust to Dust has been moved to Hellbringer Paragon Path.
    • Hadar’s Grasp spawns a soul puppet when used on a cursed enemy.
    • Prince of Hell has been moved to the Soulweaver Paragon Path.
  • Warlock (Hellbringer)
    • Fiery Bolt has been changed back to an AoE.
  • Wizard
    • Power Repel and Chill Strike have been swapped.
    • Snap Freeze and Icy Veins feats have been swapped.
  • Wizard (Arcanist)
    • Arcane Bolt no longer has the charge time.
    • Snap Freeze has had its damage bonus adjusted from 50 to 40.
  • Wizard (Thaumaturge)
    • Chill Strike: The Spell Mastery version of this power is now an AoE.

Enemies and Allies
General
  • Reduced the health of enemies below level 15.
Specific Enemies
  • Sun Bears no longer unexpectedly have armor on them.
  • Tuned damage down on Boreworm and Arcturia.

Items and Economy
General
  • Certain Insignias have had their quality updated.
  • Day of the Dungeon Master: The Card of Artifacts now only costs 5 Crumpled Cards, reduced from 100.
  • Gladiator's Guile triple insignia bonus adds the correct speed to the player.
  • Legendary Fireburst Enchantment now pops a special prompt before discarding.
  • New rings and pants reviewed for slots, missing slots were added.
  • Ratings on the Paladin shields are displaying the correct value.
  • Restoration and Ward Trousers of the White Sage now have the correct values.
Companions
  • Augment Companions movement bonus has been replaced with hit point bonus.
  • Fixed unsummoning pet when sending it to training.
  • Pre-existing companions should now be Bind on Equip.

User Interface
Character Sheet
  • Companion Influence is now correctly labeled on the character sheet.

VFX
  • Numerous VFX fixes and improvements have been applied to class powers.

Comments

• burnthelamb#6611 burnthelamb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you for posting these. Extremely helpful!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am curious if the battle with the shadow dragon issues have been fixed, i.e. timer going down to transfer to the battle going down without being transferred? It sort of makes it impossible for those that did not finish it in the first week to be able to continue testing.
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Thanks for the patch notes! Much appreciated.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The bullet point about Repel and Chill Strike swapping threw me into a panic. I had to log in to make sure that I didn't actually *lose* Chill Strike altogether from my paragon path. I'm already on the bubble about permanently benching my CC-build CW because the mod 16 changes have kicked her ability to CC enemies so badly in the teeth. No joke -- I have 16 alts and I'm not enthused about running any of them through this mod. I'm finding the idea of sitting it out more and more appealing.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Still no fix to enchantments giving different stats in different zones.

Radiant rank 15 gives 460 power in Omu and 1200 power in Tower District. What's the logic here?
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Still no fix to enchantments giving different stats in different zones.

Radiant rank 15 gives 460 power in Omu and 1200 power in Tower District. What's the logic here?

They wanted to scale them differently so you are not OP asf if you go back to the older zones, seems legit to me.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    No fixes for Ranger? Thought it was stated in another thread they were doing half their intended damage....
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    companion influence strength isn't reading brutal enchants on utility. I have one rank 12 brutal on utility that should give 1.2% CI and my Cha gives 10% so total i should have 11.2% but it reads 10% only.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Hr class no responce what so ever in class thread no bugg fixes what so ever in patch. All classes that has an active thread with devs tons of bugg fixes are you giving up the Hr class totally?

Major buggs reported on Hr thread not even a responce while other classes gets both responce on thread and fixes can you comment on this as it is more then frustrating for all that plays Hr.

Best
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    No Ranger or Rogue fixes. I <3 asterdahl for his work on cleric, but I'm starting to get pretty angry that 2 of the 3 classes I play aren't getting any fixes.

Thank you for the notes. It is nice to know what to look and test (or not).
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Guys pls add to be able to trade our masterys insignias in PE...we dont want accuracy stats...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
    edited March 2019
    alpha compy power of calling for more compy's does not work, at least not in vanrakdoom.
    companion influence % isn't getting anything from enchants or boons at least, only from the abilities.
    Abilities seems to be broken for strength as its still showing +0 on str when points are in it farther than base.
    Post edited by athena#9205 on
  • shah102shah102 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2019

No Ranger or Rogue fixes. I <3 asterdahl for his work on cleric, but I'm starting to get pretty angry that 2 of the 3 classes I play aren't getting any fixes.

Thank you for the notes. It is nice to know what to look and test (or not). </p>

Here is the opinion of the developers on this topic: (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13085465)

It is clearly a bug both by the description of the feat and the intended changes in M16.

Ranger hasn't had as much back in forth in the thread as it is a class that is actually overbalanced right now, meaning that it doesn't have a lot of issues that need work/redesigns. The thread is being read just like all of the others and there will be adjustments made to bring the class in line with the others in terms of damage output.

if nobody plays for a class, then his mechanics of skills will not complain about the work!

edited March 2019
    when looking at new artifacts from dropdown they show 6 possible stats rather than the 3. This was not there before this patch as far as i remember
    floor graphics issue at vanrakdoom east camp right before the gate with 2 braziers a sort of flickering going on the ground
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Module 16 at the present time looks at 10-15%. Most things do not work at all or not as described.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Thank you for posting the patch notes! It's really helpful to understand what changes are being made! :)
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

This discussion has been closed.