test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are MW IV turn ins *EVER* going to be fixed to accept +1 items?

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay devs- mod 15 released in November if I recall correctly. Thats like 4 months of a professions mod release that broke mw IV and V turnins. I know this is on a list somewhere, but can we please get an update? I'm still stuck on almost all professions due to this..................

At the moment most of the playerbase seems to be on vacation, so it would be a nice time to have something to do, especially with the new artifact in Portobellos/respens being impossible to grind for (see thread on deck of many things). Maybe the patch notes tonight will finally grant my very long suffering prayers...

Nope, not on MW but at least the respen's artifact is now grindable. Come on devs, throw us a bone here. It's been months. You are bleeding people. Patch us.

Post edited by andorrabell on

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I definitely agree, I'm stuck at completing the final 3 professions for MW 5, because I don't want to spend huge amount of ressources for a potential +1 craft that would be useless. Admit that creating a +1 version of legendary items needed for quests is not WAI (or is an enormous design flaw) and please let us continue to upgrade our MW, it's expensive enough to get there.

I hoped that would be resolved before this stronghold week-end, but it seems that's not the case...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    They mentioned that it would be a while before they had a fix in place for this. I think their version of "a while" differs from players? My guess is that they will get it fixed at some point before or with m17, though I haven't checked much to do with that on m16, so I could be wrong. I think they have just been too busy with other stuff in m16 to even try to give this any bandwidth though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Considering that masterwork is effectively dead in Mod 16, I guess this has been classified as a "low priority" issue. I hope this will be fixed before Mod 17, because supposedly, that will make Masterwork relevant again, but I really doubt they will pay any attention to this issue before M16 has been released.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well thats ridiculous. If it's going to take this long they can at least stick in an NPC to switch +1 items for regular items, I can't imagine that would take a lot of coding time. I mean at least for the MW IV turnins - that isnt that many items. for crissake.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    MW is dead. Save your time and money until it gets resurrected (if it ever is).
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Well thats ridiculous. If it's going to take this long they can at least stick in an NPC to switch +1 items for regular items, I can't imagine that would take a lot of coding time. I mean at least for the MW IV turnins - that isnt that many items. for crissake.

When you consider that Asterdahl has been staying up til 3 AM working on m16 and commenting on the forums quite often, and they still haven't had time to touch professions with m16, exactly what are you expecting here? They are doing the best they can with the resources they have. Please be patient.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I don't deny the fact that Asterdhal is a lot present on the feedback thread, and all the team seems to work quite hard on the M16, that's quite what we see, and that's cool, they put lot of effort in it, and it'll probably be a great expansion.

However, the problem is the issue mentionned is kinda not new, at all. It has been reported in the M15 preview, several times. That is more than 5 months ago. M15 was the (very much needed) rework of the profession system, so professions were the high priority of the module. Mastercraft is the only big part of the professions, because of the interesting gear and potions you can create. Mastercraft is also extremely expensive in order to get to the maximum lvl on all your professions. Either extremely expensive, or extremely long journey.

Now this issue was reported on the preview for the actual profession Module, and reported countless times on reddit/here by the players, are not WAI or an impressive design flaw.

Of course I don't know the code, the ressources of the dev/design team, but is it actually that hard to make some items uncraftable at +1 version (for the legendary items needed in the MW 2 and MW 5 questlines), and make the NPC accept +1 versions of the items wanted?
    If it is, and considering the profession rework was a way to put some new fresh code on the game, I'm kinda worried.

Nevertheless, considering all the reports before even the M15 went live, and after, this should have been in a high priority. Not critical I understand that, as it's not a crash, or an exploit, etc. But still high priority issue, considering the theme of the M15, and the nature of the problem. We're talking about millions of spending, in a SUCCESS task, that still isn't considered as a success.

Either as a bug, or a design flaw, it's not acceptable to still have this issue going on, because it creates a division between pre-M15 MW 5 crafters and post M15 MW 5 crafters. So it's been 5 months, and now we learn that it wasn't even on the table for a fix in M16, so we won't see that before at least 6-7 months after the bug reports. 6-7 months is A LOT of time. Way too much time.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Asterdahl said:

Ah, I apologize, the original post didn't reference quest turn ins at all, but specifically tasks. We are looking at a solution that will allow the player to downgrade a high-quality item to a normal quality item using the context menu on the item. This will allow those items to be turned in, or stacked if you don't otherwise need the high-quality version. We're hoping for this change to be in for Module 16, or shortly thereafter.

From Reddit AMA.