test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Tyrannical Question regarding Stronghold Progression

aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
We have a small guild, and I enjoy progressing towards the end goal of a high level guild even though it is a bit slow. I enjoy the build--reminiscent of table top progression.

Anyway, we have reached the Level 9/10 step and we have several rank 4 structures as well as the Rank 9 Guild Hall that have 'very high' requirements for the Tyranny treasures. Dailies and Weeklies only seem to get you so far, and the white drops in the Stronghold are not helpful at this level. Purchasing purples vouchers has been an option, but when Cryptic removes them from the lockboxes, they become rather expensive.

Since there are no methods to make a voucher as there are for the other three areas (Dread, Fey, and IWD), does anyone have a suggestion for collecting the nearly 1.2million that we need for our next level?

2nd question: I don't know if it is because our guild is small, but I can't get into the guild in the preview, so if someone could either point to a way to get a peek at our guild in the preview, or provide a heads up for changes to progressing in the guild in M16, that would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Tyranny treasures is out of line. Its been brought up before.

Its a pain in the but bottleneck and it should be reduced or put more in line with other zones.

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I agree, but with Mod 16 taking so much work, I expect zero visibility from the development team for any stronghold issue, so I'm not holding my breath on a change.

For some reason I can't get into my guild in the preview, so are there any changes to this in Mod 16 that will help? Maybe after Guild Hall level 10, it drops greens or blues rather than random white vouchers?

Is is possible for someone from another guild to come in and donate? For example, your guild is Lvl 20 and you are maxed and want to donate to another guild (outside your alliance) for the AD. Does that work if you are invited? Or do you have to join the guild to donate?

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Its a pain in the but bottleneck and it should be reduced or put more in line with other zones.

Reduce what? The GM rewards or something else?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

the upgrade costs for tyranny of dragons treasures
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    They don't instantly create guilds on preview. The only ones that exist are those that were created on preview. It will take a while but you get free resources so the only wait time is in just waiting on the structures to be built.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    The blue vouchers from the siege events are definitely more help than the white drops in the stronghold. As the Stronghold increases in level, do the white drops ever become green drops?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nope. Stay white.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

I believe there is help in mod 16 for this. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11102193-developer-blog:-challenge-campaigns check the short part about the bonus campaign towards the bottom

I saw this post and thought it would be helpful, although I don't know the quantities. If they make it like the task from Bruenor that provides a few shards for a significant investment in time, that won't be too helpful. The other thing that scares me about the 'leveling' system is that I tend to take my weaker (~10-11K) characters into those zones to get the currency--with the new level adjustments, I may have to spend twice as much time killing a giant in IWD or a few Thayan Wizards in WOD--that will be a game changer and may cause me to drop the guild altogether.

It looks like a wait and see. I don't want to predict doom and gloom. I have liked some of the changes that they have made over the past year or two--for example, RP and leveling enchants/artifacts is better for me, as well as the RAD system.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

I believe there is help in mod 16 for this. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11102193-developer-blog:-challenge-campaigns check the short part about the bonus campaign towards the bottom

I saw this post and thought it would be helpful, although I don't know the quantities. If they make it like the task from Bruenor that provides a few shards for a significant investment in time, that won't be too helpful. The other thing that scares me about the 'leveling' system is that I tend to take my weaker (~10-11K) characters into those zones to get the currency--with the new level adjustments, I may have to spend twice as much time killing a giant in IWD or a few Thayan Wizards in WOD--that will be a game changer and may cause me to drop the guild altogether.

It looks like a wait and see. I don't want to predict doom and gloom. I have liked some of the changes that they have made over the past year or two--for example, RP and leveling enchants/artifacts is better for me, as well as the RAD system.
    Yeah. That's the thing: After you've done WoD, IWD, DR, Sharandar, and others thousands of times, you're not interested in having a challenge. You just want to get in, get done, and get out. This will cause a massive drop in the amount of Dark Gifts, Frozen Treasures, and Treasures of Tyranny that I'm able to generate because it just won't be worth the time to go into these zones on my less powerful alts. Plus, quite honestly, I just won't have that kind of time to spend on it in order to continue doing this on nine characters.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

the upgrade costs for tyranny of dragons treasures
    Thank you for clarifying.

I would rather increase. Increase what? Increase the GM payout back to 20% of the value of the donation as many of the other currencies have.
    While I would like to see a 'bigger bang for the buck" and see an increase in the GM payout, especially for old content like IWD, TOD, Sharandar and Dread Ring, I won't hold my breath since they tied rAD to the GM payout. Since my guild isn't maxed out like some, this past weekend I made a significant amount of rAD donating to my guild. Probably not any more than if I had run dungeons for the same amount of time, but I'm sure it showed up in the data collection system that Guilds can generate rAD, so I doubt an increase or even a return will be coming. :/