test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Portabello's campaign afk'ers and long wait times

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User
why can we not kick afks from trial of traps?

I think some people are doing it just to make others suffer.

just had a pair of level 9's struggling to get through the axes. One got through by going down and releasing to the campfire beyond the axes. Then he went back for the other guy I guess. I told him he was going the wrong way. They were struggling for a long time so I went back to try to help. I thought my healer companion might help them. (it didn't, battlefield medic doesn't work most of the time outside of combat) (tried resummoning too) When I get there one of them is down, it looks like he is beyond helping up even from a distance. Sure enough, I arrive and he is all the way down and not even releasing.

The one that was down just stayed down. He was afk. He was afk long enough I was able to report him for being afk and still wait some more for him to come back. He did come back eventually. He released and was beyond the axes too. But then he tried to go back! He was trying to go back through the axes the wrong direction. Both of them were past the axes but one was repeatedly going through them again the wrong direction. He didn't stop when I informed him he was going the wrong way. He didn't stop until I told him I already reported him for being afk and he probably doens't want me to report him for this too.

After the drider ANOTHER player was afk. I reported that one too.

This happens so much. Why are we not allowed to kick afks? Do you think you are protecting newbs? Shouldn't they learn that if they are afk the other people kick them quick? shouldn't they learn it while they are young? Real newbs probably don't do the event anyways.

If I leave the instance I get punished right? So what do I do? Wait 15 min until the server kicks them?

This brings me to the long wait times. WHY are there long wait times? Last time I did this event on another char there were no wait times. Could it be that troublesome party members are running people off? I had 2 instances in a row where other players went afk. Waste of my time...

Comments

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    That's not even one of the worse queues for afk in Portobello's campaign.
    It's one of the reasons I don't bother with that campaign anymore. I have a new character that hasn't been through, but it's just not worth the aggravation.
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    If you want to run the event just for the currencies, make a private queue and do it solo. Or with a friend(s). I gave up PUG'ing last year after seeing the number of AFK'ers that just stuff you up.