test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moral dilemma

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
We know that the Foundry is going away and we have this ridiculously high bar of 10 published quests for a measly cloak. My question to other authors is what you think of the situation. I can't see myself publishing 6 junk quests just to reach 10. I'm intensely working on Blood Magic and I might be able to finish it, but I don't think I have the energy to also crank out Buried Under Blacklake and The Redcap Rebels (the latter of which only has a few concepts behind it). I'm also working on racking up community achievements (avoiding the "easy" junk quests) and I *think* I can reach my targets. I don't see any more author achievements coming (I'm at 8) barring a mad rush to rescue some redcaps for some reason. Anyway, to the larger author community, what are your thoughts?
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You appear to have missed the fine print. It states: "Players who contributed or participated in the Foundry prior to today’s date, March 4th, 2019", which means, if you hadn't already done it, it's too late.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    What you do now doesn't matter. Only what had been done before the announcement was made.

For the retirement rewards I mean.
    FrozenFire
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Well, that's actually a good thing. It puts my mind at ease. At any rate, I intend to finish Blood Magic. I'm working on the final map. It ties up what I started with Cap Snatchers.
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hustin, its like this, players who used all 15 slots making "quick achievement" copies of one foundry will get the cloak, while those of us who made real foundries will not. Thats life. I tell you, a basic foundry initiate cloak from the old days is worth a lot more than this junk.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I hear ya. I'm hoping @terramak will follow through on making our other Foundry cloaks reclaimable. I want to use my Foundry Graduate one as a transmute but I won't do it if I can't reclaim it.
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    hustin1 said:

I hear ya. I'm hoping @terramak will follow through on making our other Foundry cloaks reclaimable. I want to use my Foundry Graduate one as a transmute but I won't do it if I can't reclaim it.

Same, i accidentally got rid of my Warrians character foundry cloak. the harp design on it beats that anvyl by two miles. I would even like the new cloak if it werent tailord for cheaters. (most ppl with those many foundries are quick achievement copy-pasters, who wouldnt know how to write a real foundry if a foundry faq bit them in the boott) .When i make new characters on the same account i get my foundry cloak back, but seems like my main will not get the luxury of using its visuals.