test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give GWF a Choice as to Fighter or Barbarian...

teadgheteadghe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
...in the upcoming Mod 16. Everything else is changing; we'll have to re-build our characters from the ground-up anyway in terms of power selection, etc., and I don't see my GWF as a Barbarian. I know I'm not alone in this. Given the option of staying a fighter or becoming a barbarian, I'd almost certainly choose the former, and at least we'd be given some choice in the matter, especially if it's our mains that are being affected.

It's probably too late to take advantage of it, but this would also free up the devs to actually, you know, create a new class called the Barbarian, and not just change the name of an existing class. The visual aspect would be (could be) very different.

Comments

• coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    I have a fighter (GF) and like it. The GWF was obviously a Barbarian class (i.e. rage mechanic) and like it also. So you want a fighter with shield and sword and one with two handed sword?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I think his point is that players who knew nothing about D&D or Neverwinter Online chose GWF because they wanted to focus on "Weapons" primary over everything. In AD&D... this is actually the role of "Fighter"
  • ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I really don't see my GWF as a Barbarian either! I would also like the choice.