test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delay Mod 16

13»

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

But that being said, more than likely our current bis gear will be good enough to get us to or very near to level 80 without any or at least many problems. Sure once we get to level 80 we will have to get new gear, but not very likely until then. 540 ilevel and above armors should be okay for now, same with the ilevel 500 weapons. But this is only a guess from the last level increase.

I wouldn't assume this. mod 6 green gear that dropped was more powerful than anything we had and we were still getting chicken stomped

This is my concern. Go look at stat difference between level 60-70 gear. My other concern is that all gear will be nerfed and level 80 gear will have stats closer to what we have now with level 70 gear.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

But that being said, more than likely our current bis gear will be good enough to get us to or very near to level 80 without any or at least many problems. Sure once we get to level 80 we will have to get new gear, but not very likely until then. 540 ilevel and above armors should be okay for now, same with the ilevel 500 weapons. But this is only a guess from the last level increase.

I wouldn't assume this. mod 6 green gear that dropped was more powerful than anything we had and we were still getting chicken stomped

This is my concern. Go look at stat difference between level 60-70 gear. My other concern is that all gear will be nerfed and level 80 gear will have stats closer to what we have now with level 70 gear.
    Did you read the part of the blog that said that, as part of streamlining the way IL reflects a characters potential, for pretty much everything except main body armour pieces, most gear will see an increase in stats based on it's current IL?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11093133-developer-blog:-item-level-&-scaling

It appears from reading that, that rather than nerfing the items' ILs to match the current stats, items will gain additional stats based on the current IL and we will see an increase in stats on items we already own.

Did I miss something from the devs that even begins to support the notion that current L70 gear is going to be nerfed?
    Something REAL, I mean.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

AND FIX AS MANY BUGS AS YOU CAN IN THE GAME!!!

I’ll gladly wait. I hate going to heroics only to see an empty area...

va8Ru.gif
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User

Did you read the part of the blog that said that, as part of streamlining the way IL reflects a characters potential, for pretty much everything except main body armour pieces, most gear will see an increase in stats based on it's current IL?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11093133-developer-blog:-item-level-&-scaling

It appears from reading that, that rather than nerfing the items' ILs to match the current stats, items will gain additional stats based on the current IL and we will see an increase in stats on items we already own.

Did I miss something from the devs that even begins to support the notion that current L70 gear is going to be nerfed?
    Something REAL, I mean.
    We likely gonna need a lot more of stats in accuracy, critical chance, armor penetration while also having as much power and combat advantage as possible.

Even if they double all stats it might be effectively a nerf. Also effective stat cap of 50% critical chance so all the shiny crit stats on gear definitely won't be quite as satisfying and useful to have.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Something REAL, I mean.
    We likely gonna need a lot more of stats in accuracy, critical chance, armor penetration while also having as much power and combat advantage as possible.

Even if they double all stats it might be effectively a nerf. Also effective stat cap of 50% critical chance so all the shiny crit stats on gear definitely won't be quite as satisfying and useful to have.
    Drop crit and go with an owlbear cub. Simple solution to ensure you get extra damage off from not landing a critical hit.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Please let us know if you run some ACT numbers on it -- I sold mine extras after seeing the changes I just mentioned, only my DC has it now.

-Gohaken

You're asking for something that probably won't happen.

I heard he tested the new module despite having no PC.

And he still hasn't gotten back to us on how he tested the Chultan Tiger with a Dancing Shield.

• lauralijlauralij Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    MISSION IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_TD0lj2wc&t=433s
    correct 3 bosses please...