test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Vanrakdoom Feedback

Vanrakdoom is an even deeper level of Undermountain. Remember, It is an open zone and you can use your mount here.

We would love to see any sort of feedback, but notes on environment collision, encounter difficulty and quest flow would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: All of the goblins in the Soggy Bottom Boys mission were stuck in the water and never attacked me.

Feedback: The song the bard was playing in the tavern was really repetitive.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    In Umbrazakar's Lair, after subduing the dragon, I am unable to free Glyster with the Amulet of Selune. I have tried all around the dragaon, and at the base of the raised platform that I cannot get ontop of.
  • joqueras84#8733 joqueras84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    i am unable to free Glyster too.
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I could free Glyster in the quest 'Waning Darkness' - but the end point was not possible to click (no sight error). (With the start point of the map I could still go back to the Yawning Portal.)

The quest Neverember Envoy is confusing. I can talk with the Envoy, Jarlaxle and some other people in the most upper part of the yawning portal. But they still show their quest marks after talking to them and no other quest does appear. The quest itself disappears from the quest log as well. (See Edit Feedback for continuing another quest chain - I am unsure if they are supposed to be related or not...)

Edit: After completing the quest Unstable Runic Resonance you get the next quest. This quest does not count left over resonance. The next quest Studying corrupt runic magic completes correctly, but collecting the artefact is very time consuming. After that I can continue with the quest Master the depths.
    Post edited by phoenira on
  • eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    The vampires in this zone count towards an achievement that reads "You have slain x enemies in barovia. Furthermore, these vampires can drop tarokka cards and ravenloft blue gear.
    In my opinion, the empowered strike of the assasin enemy deals too much damage, when compared to similar enemies. This especially becomes a problem when they come in groups and you can't always kite/dodge all of them. Umbrazakar's Lair is just full of these enemies and clearing it wasn't fun.
    However big kudos to the environment design, I really like the verticality and interconnectedness of this map.
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Umbraxakar, the shadow dragon in the last quest, can not be banished when taken to 0 hp, which usually will be achieved by pets allready. Furthermore the quests shows the wrong place to use the amulett when he is banished: It leads to his starting point and not the point where he has fallen.
  • srad600srad600 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

In Umbrazakar's Lair, after subduing the dragon, I am unable to free Glyster with the Amulet of Selune. I have tried all around the dragaon, and at the base of the raised platform that I cannot get ontop of.

Same problem, was a tough challenge for me to get through there but enjoyable, personally I do not think the mobs are too tough, yes I died about 8 times (the whole zone is tough) but I don't want it to be a walk in the park like the 4 previous zones which are currently to easy.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The Shar cultist Assassins are way overpowered. They're going to be extremely difficult for most players.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • eleanore88eleanore88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In Umbraxakar's Lair there is a chest locked in wall. The map coordinates are 14455, 303
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    In the dressed to kill mission at location 14549,402 there is a missing graphic it just a block saying "collision cube"
    edited March 2019
    Heroic encounter (runic encounters?) do scale players to lvl 73. But scaled down it was impossible to kill even one enemy, as they lost perhaps 2000 hit points max in one attack and healed themself too fast to get even down to 50% live. Please consider the difficulty of these encounters in Vanrakdoom, I think these encounters are way too difficult.

The map of the open area map of Vanrakdoom has collision cube on it. Attached is a screenshot of a zoomed in part of the map (east / right part of the map)

Edit: updated prior post of me regarding quest chain.
    Post edited by phoenira on
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Salvation of souls is a complete pain. Only 2 doors to free prisoners and its first-come-first-served and the respawn time is way too slow.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I've finished the lair with the dragon, and I went to the Yawning portal and I have the quest "Studying Corrupt Runic Magic". However I have no idea what I need to do, the description is pretty vague. The rune collector that cost 100k AD from the vendor cannot be bought.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I am also unable to free Glyser. It was very hard to free Glyser at the end. I think it might have to do with defeating the dragon too quickly (my companion burns the dragon down, which makes me think something is wrong with the scaling here as well). I've tried this twice now.

Tried a third time on the advice of those to not bring a companion... It certainly made the fight more sane (instead of just 1-shot kill dragon) but even though I killed the dragon in the light I was still stuck and unable to free Glyser for a while. After waiting a couple minutes (and writing this update) I tried using the amulet one last time on the dragon and it finally somehow triggered... whee. Still deserves a look (as well as the fight scaling)

The end-game quests are too difficult to solo. I have an end-game DC and after getting the hang of the color-pip-balancing I was able to put out enough damage to make good progress through the questline. I upgraded gear as the quest handed it out.

However, as has been mentioned by @hustin1 above, I found myself using health stones or even scrolls to be able to get through certain fights in Vankrakdoom. Mind you I bet I could farm the new seal of the crown gear and trade bar weapons for a boost, but I think many players will find the experience similarly discouraging. I dread to think for classes that don't have such powerful built in self-heals how frustrating some of these experiences will be.

In particular, Assassins have a brutal 2-shot (and often come in pairs) and must be kited. Hordes of vampires can be a bit scary too, but it feels borederline manageable by kiting large groups. The boss fights are incredibly bumpy, with many multi-hit instakills reminiscent of mod16... except with no mod16 tools to rely on. I didn't really feel this for the earlier quest sections, just this last one.

If the idea is to drive people to need to party for these quests, I'd say that will frustrate people. We are treading too closely to what happened in mod6, where nobody could do anything by themselves for too long
    Post edited by dupeks on
    @arazith07 You have to complete the runic encounters (found by placeholder on map) in terminus level or other levels of undermountain. There you drop resonances and the depleted artifacts.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I haven't had a problem with soloing the content up to this point, but I'm in agreement with @hustin1 and @dupeks on that last quest to free Mr. Moonstar and his pet dragon. Nearly 20 charges of the health stone and 7 scrolls of life burned through just to make it the final boss on a 16K Oathkeeper OP. Keresa did the following to me after my second death, and I had swapped out my regular gear for the upgraded gear the game provided:

[3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Not enough Divinity.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Valorous Strike deals 4237 Radiant Damage to Keresta Delvingstone.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Feytouched Weapon deals 127 Psychic Damage to Keresta Delvingstone.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Your Divine Barrier absorbs 34068 damage from Keresta Delvingstone's Beshadowed Mind.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Keresta Delvingstone deals 123890 (247780) Necrotic Damage to you with Beshadowed Mind.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Cannot activate while dazed.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Cannot activate while dazed.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Keresta Delvingstone deals 247780 Necrotic Damage to you with Beshadowed Mind.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] Keresta Delvingstone deals 247780 Necrotic Damage to you with Beshadowed Mind.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] You cannot use this power.
    [3/3 10:54] [Combat (Self)] You cannot use this power.
    [3/3 10:54] [Error] You have fallen in battle!

I don't have enough HP to shield me from all those hits. I understand that Lvl 80 play shouldn't be a walk in the park, but this is outright Bhaalspawn-level murder! This quest is Solo-unfriendly at best, and I'm thankful that this doesn't appear to be a repeatable weekly like Fane, HoC and others. Please re-look.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    aerthyn said:

Salvation of souls is a complete pain. Only 2 doors to free prisoners and its first-come-first-served and the respawn time is way too slow.

There are more than 2 doors, but I agree with your feedback. First-come first-serve was never good in this game.

The spawn rate of the monster that drop the key to the cells is way too low, please consider increasing it, everyone need to kill him.

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    There is a collision cube at 14546, 398, one level below Keresta. This collision cube is actually the end point for "Deliver Keresta's Shipment, that you must smash to release the souls. It can be smashed, but there is no interact F. You just stand there until it becomes available, then it sparkles. It is probably not meant to be a collision cube, but missing artwork?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    So I played through all the campaign and while there were some challenging fights, mostly due to unfamiliarity with the character rotations etc, by the time I got to Vanrakadoom I was travelling smoothly enough. Occasional tough fight where I would break out a healing stone, but otherwise very much as expected.

At level 80, with quest provided head/arms/leg/shirt/pants plus spy armor and everything else still my level 70 gear (because seriously why would I replace a 2x Offense Ring with something with 1 slot and at best equal stats or the MW3 weapons with some green 1 slot junk?), in Vanrakadoom I had to completely change the way I played and nearly every fight used a healing stone, if I wasn't careful or something got a lucky hit (Vampires or Assassins) I died.

Then I did the final quest for the zone to free the Dragon and it just got worse, as it stands now I die less solo in eToS than I did in this quest!

I also had trouble with the dragon at the end but after causing it to reset by leaving the room it worked.

I'm now stuck having talked to Nevermber's Envoy and the Runemaster with no way to progress from that point. No instructions etc, just a dead quest path and a bunch of tasks that need to be done several times each.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    My Barbarian is having a tough time dealing damage...

[Combat (Self)] Your Hidden Daggers gives 0 Projectile Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Vorpal Weapon gives 0 Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hidden Daggers gives 0 Projectile Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Vorpal Weapon gives 0 Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hidden Daggers gives 0 Projectile Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Vorpal Weapon gives 0 Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Must be in combat.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Indomitable Battle Strike gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Steel Blitz gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Steel Blitz gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • jason#2811 jason Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Can't see the problem Vee... :)
    jmiller84 said:

My Barbarian is having a tough time dealing damage...

[Combat (Self)] Must be in combat.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Indomitable Battle Strike gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Steel Blitz gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I am slightly afraid that some players may hit a "wall of difficulty" when they reach Vanrakdoom. I just played through the campaign with a Cleric that was pretty close to BiS. However, when I got here, I was still at level 79, and thus unable to use any of the cool new level 80 gear. (Of course, if had selected the guild XP boon at the start, I would not have had this issue, but I just forgot)

Now, my stats were not bad.... with an IL of 20K, I had plenty of points spread across the various stats, and my stats were decent. but I still found that I had to use a Stone of Health in just about every fight. Prior to that - during the whole route from level 70 to 79, I had needed to use a stone exactly twice.

The jump in difficulty is very noticeable. Now, around mid-way through Vanrakdoom, I hit level 80, which meant meant I could for example use the level 80 gear from the trade bar store. What worries me is whether the area will be too difficult for lvl 79 players who didn't have "BiS" gear to begin with.

Maybe boost the XP from the campaign quests a little bit so players will be level 80 when they reach Vanrakdoom?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I finished Vanrak in my OP tonight. This time I went and got the trade bar weapons and a full selection of Spy gear.

So equipped the zone was still noticeably harder than prior zones, but simple enough with only rare need for a health stone, and the only death vs K (the zone “boss”) and I’m prepared to call that on lag. (My connection has been poor for local reasons.)

The one thing I noticed is that I have over 200k hp, and Assassins hit for around 20-30k each in my log. So about 10% of my health, but visually it feels like they are hitting for 20%. I’m going to try and get a video of it tomorrow night, but I feel like the visual is right and that some damage is not showing in the log.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    the rune event thing is bugged , the mobs too tanky to do anything to them , even at lvl 80 with good gear .

https://ibb.co/zR6Y5ZB
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    vampire on this map drop barovia cards and gear .
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I completed the expedition
    I got the first quest
    Got the disguise
    broke the shard
    couldn't find the scout
    Abandoned quest to restart

unable to find an NPC to give me the quest again. aka STUCK
  • cococycococy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    'Waning Darkness' is a huge pain.
    Keresa Spawn killed me like 8-12 times, after which she disappeared and was nowhere to be found, making all the pain I had to go through the dungeon (each artifact I had to collect made me die like 2-3 times) useless and I had to go out to reset.
    She kept returning to the fire, no matter if I tried running away from her in a different room and dying in a different area.

Not intending to re-run this until it's made a bit more palatable.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

the "runic encounter" or whatever that "PLACE HOLDER" encounter is is bugged. I am lvl 80 and it scales me to lvl 73, I am unable to do more than 1-7 dmg with any of my powers and any attack from any enemy instantly kills me as it is registered at over 500k and my max hp is only ~300k, the enemies are scaled at lvl 79 in red

I have exactly the same.
    For three days I am trying to do this runic encounter.
    Fix it.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I am slightly afraid that some players may hit a "wall of difficulty" when they reach Vanrakdoom. I just played through the campaign with a Cleric that was pretty close to BiS. However, when I got here, I was still at level 79, and thus unable to use any of the cool new level 80 gear. (Of course, if had selected the guild XP boon at the start, I would not have had this issue, but I just forgot)

Now, my stats were not bad.... with an IL of 20K, I had plenty of points spread across the various stats, and my stats were decent. but I still found that I had to use a Stone of Health in just about every fight. Prior to that - during the whole route from level 70 to 79, I had needed to use a stone exactly twice.

The jump in difficulty is very noticeable. Now, around mid-way through Vanrakdoom, I hit level 80, which meant meant I could for example use the level 80 gear from the trade bar store. What worries me is whether the area will be too difficult for lvl 79 players who didn't have "BiS" gear to begin with.

Maybe boost the XP from the campaign quests a little bit so players will be level 80 when they reach Vanrakdoom?

I got my SW to 80 before entering, and I had enough seals to buy the level-80 chest and head piece (yes, that was 1000 individual buys). I chose the items with the most defensive potential. It didn't make any difference -- I was burning up a health stone at least every other fight and I had to shadowslip all over the place to get any breathing room from all the enemies. It was horrible.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured