test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting in mod 16?

kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
Has there been any announcement about new recipes for the new mod? If not they are killing off the crafting system they put so much work into last module, and players have spent so much AD on. They are killing my paladin, so I was planning to log in to collect my VIP key and tend the workshops. But I am thinking now, unless the upgrade the crafting system for the new mod, there is no reason to craft any more.

Comments

• pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    If they upgrade it to craft lvl80 items , the price will be ridiculous to upgrade from 4 to 5 .
    It was already ridiculous when you went from lvl3 for 500k to 5M for lvl4
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

If they upgrade it to craft lvl80 items , the price will be ridiculous to upgrade from 4 to 5 .
    It was already ridiculous when you went from lvl3 for 500k to 5M for lvl4

He was not talking about upgrading workshop. He was talking about getting new recipes.

The price of upgrading workshop is not exactly ridiculous. It can be ridiculous if you spend AD to do so. If you take your time to have a plan (that includes farming gold coin) to keep on crafting, you don't need to spend any AD. Now, I have 14 workshop 3 and 2/5 of funding for the first workshop 4. No, I did not spend any AD.

Yes, if you put those numbers as AD, that is very big and ridiculous.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    New recipes will be coming, but it sounded like not until Mod 17. I believe astrrdahl mentioned it in the "General feedback" thread on preview.

It was in reply to making current mw weapons worthless when mod 16 hits.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Not very comforting, likely 6 months or so of crafting being worthless. And frequently spending AD to upgrade the workshop is a better deal when the items you make are worth more selling for AD than what she gives as credit.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Gee, maybe by the time they release new recipes in mod 17, they'll have fixed the complete FUBAR they made out of crafting by failing to incorporate +1 items in mod 15.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Accept the answer you were given that it is WAI.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Accept the answer you were given that it is WAI.

“Oceanic society rests ultimately on the belief that Big Brother is omnipotent and that the Party is infallible. But since in reality Big Brother is not omnipotent and the party is not infallible, there is need for an unwearying, moment-to-moment flexibility in the treatment of facts. The keyword here is BLACKWHITE. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to BELIEVE that black is white, and more, to KNOW that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary.”
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I just want to know what 'WAI' stands for :(
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    gethund said:

Work as intended.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User

gethund said:

Work as intended.
    Aha! Thanks.