test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you're VIP, get ready for the ninja nerf! -_-

Comments

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    It is a nerf, regardless of the dev comments. I would think replacing it with something like random dungeon specific keys would be nice.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I usually end up selling 500 when the stack starts overflowing. 1 gold a day would be an upgrade. lol
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    If there's a replacement, I hope it's something everybody will be glad to get. Maybe a service of some kind like that personal portal to anywhere people were talking about recently.

Not everyone wants or needs dungeon keys, or rerolls for that matter.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Very good. A great decision to remove this trash from VIP :)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Maybe they will give permanent regeneration. 1health per second per VIP level.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Maybe they will give permanent regeneration. 1health per second per VIP level.

For VIP 12, it only takes 3.5 hours to regen 140K HP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @pterias said:
    > Really? This is a complaint? I'd pay to STOP getting ID scrolls. I stopped collecting the dungeon keys a long time ago because the scrolls were so annoying.
    >
    > Getting rid of identification is a 100% upgrade to everyone, VIP and non-VIP alike. Good riddance.

This.

Good riddance to Scrolls of ID.
    They were a nuisance.
    Had so many clogging my bags I wanted to use them as Charmin... except they're neither soft nor absorbant.

VIP is still a massively valuable QoL improver.
    Sign Post? Bank? Post offie?Seal Merchant? VIP. Done.

How many minutes of game time would we waste running around looking for those?

Not to mention the AH and Trade Bar discounts. VIP is still great. HAMSTER the HAMSTERing scrolls.

Plenty of more important Mod 16 issues to rage about.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ok.. time out.. now that you all have bounced on the OP and told him hes a worthless piece of HAMSTER.. lets discuss a few things.

1. Did any of us like to identify objects (not really even though its old dnd lore, it wasnt fun to do it every 30 seconds)
    2. Does this reduce the value of VIP? Yes. it actually does reduce it a bit, not as much as key nerf did.. but this does.

So yes.. is the op sort of wrong and sort of right? Yes he is.. no one wants to do the scroll thing, I will grant this.
    But does VIP have a constant reduction of value, yes, it has.

VIP needs some rework.. it should have a bit more value added, I do not , nor will not just throw out random things, I do not percieve enough of thier picture.. but I do believe VIP should have some value added back into it.

Ive suggested a few things in the past.. but not doing so now.. I just believe the OP has a bit of a point, that you are all ganging up on him to tell him to shut up.. while I think is view point is a bit flawed, it has some justifications to state that VIP is being devalued (yet again) and no real replacements are being added.

So yes, he is wrong.. but not as wrong as some of you want to get all up on him about.

VIP SHOULD have more extended ranks.. and VIP should offer more in value. More ways of cutting down on grind time.. I like the idea of rank 14 vip that gives you free campaign tokens once per month.. as long as you have it unlocked.. you do not have to re grind HAMSTER.. just use a free token once a month on a alt..

There are ways to drive this cash cow.. and they are not doing it.

edited March 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

adinosii said:

This whole issue could be solved nicely by giving VIPs, say... some healing potions instead of the ID scrolls. Then people would feel they actually get something extra for being VIPs, but it doesn't really make a massive difference.

Or maybe give us back the generic Epic Dungeon chest keys they took away with mod 15? I had over 200 on main cuz I had only just got to a point where I could play epic dungenons, and hadn't gotten thru my back log of keys, and poof they're gone when mod 15 hit. So far the only benefit I see to maintaining VIP(and I think I've only used actual cash on it once(most were free tokens when buying something else, or I farmed AD for it to get 1 more month), is the travel sign post, and having a vendor available anytime, anywhere. Maybe they can reduce the level I need fro the bank unlock.

All those keys were changed to re-roll token. In other words, they are not lost. They were changed to something even more useful if you have a lot of them. And, only VIP member can have them. Unlike dungenon keys, non-vip player cannot get them at all. IMO, key -> reroll token is an improvement of VIP. I have 5 chances to get good stuff per run instead of only 1. And, I did get some good stuff and I don't run dungeon often.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Awesome. And Foundry is gone.

Basically they just want us all to set up a direct debit in their benefit and shut the hell up, I guess.
    edited March 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

bobo#5090 said:

adinosii said:

This whole issue could be solved nicely by giving VIPs, say... some healing potions instead of the ID scrolls. Then people would feel they actually get something extra for being VIPs, but it doesn't really make a massive difference.

Or maybe give us back the generic Epic Dungeon chest keys they took away with mod 15? I had over 200 on main cuz I had only just got to a point where I could play epic dungenons, and hadn't gotten thru my back log of keys, and poof they're gone when mod 15 hit. So far the only benefit I see to maintaining VIP(and I think I've only used actual cash on it once(most were free tokens when buying something else, or I farmed AD for it to get 1 more month), is the travel sign post, and having a vendor available anytime, anywhere. Maybe they can reduce the level I need fro the bank unlock.

All those keys were changed to re-roll token. In other words, they are not lost. They were changed to something even more useful if you have a lot of them. And, only VIP member can have them. Unlike dungenon keys, non-vip player cannot get them at all. IMO, key -> reroll token is an improvement of VIP. I have 5 chances to get good stuff per run instead of only 1. And, I did get some good stuff and I don't run dungeon often.
    No the keys were more useful, as now I have to buy a key to open the one and only chest in a random q, or the extra chest if there's more than one.

I am missing something. Right now, you don't need to buy a key to open the chest that used to need to have a key.

Before, there was one chest and you need a key to open it. Another special key to open the extra chest.
    Now, there is one chest and you don't need a key to open it. Another special key to open the extra chest.

In terms of opening chest using VIP key, there is no difference to you. You can open what you used to open with a key. There is a difference for those who did not have the VIP key. They can open what they could not open before without a key.

If you need to buy a key to open the one and only in a RQ now, it means you could not open that chest with VIP key before neither.

People considered that as a VIP 'nerf' because it gives non-VIP people the ability to open a chest without a key. That is considered by some as 'devalue' of VIP (as the gap between VIP and non-VIP is 'smaller').
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Ok.. time out.. now that you all have bounced on the OP and told him hes a worthless piece of HAMSTER.. lets discuss a few things.

1. Did any of us like to identify objects (not really even though its old dnd lore, it wasnt fun to do it every 30 seconds)
    2. Does this reduce the value of VIP? Yes. it actually does reduce it a bit, not as much as key nerf did.. but this does.

So yes.. is the op sort of wrong and sort of right? Yes he is.. no one wants to do the scroll thing, I will grant this.

VIP needs some rework.. it should have a bit more value added, I do not , nor will not just throw out random things, I do not percieve enough of thier picture.. but I do believe VIP should have some value added back into it.

Ive suggested a few things in the past.. but not doing so now.. I just believe the OP has a bit of a point, that you are all ganging up on him to tell him to shut up.. while I think is view point is a bit flawed, it has some justifications to state that VIP is being devalued (yet again) and no real replacements are being added.

So yes, he is wrong.. but not as wrong as some of you want to get all up on him about.

VIP SHOULD have more extended ranks.. and VIP should offer more in value. More ways of cutting down on grind time.. I like the idea of rank 14 vip that gives you free campaign tokens once per month.. as long as you have it unlocked.. you do not have to re grind HAMSTER.. just use a free token once a month on a alt..

There are ways to drive this cash cow.. and they are not doing it.

No one called OP a "worthless piece of HAMSTER", @silverkelt.
    I respectfully disagreed and explained why I disagreed:
    Scrolls are a worthless annoyance and I am glad they are gone. VIP scroll-bonus was irritating.

But I actually agree with your suggestion of adding more perks to VIP.

[Jean-Luc Picard]: "Devs, Make it so!"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I'm VIP, but not for the scrolls...at all. The reroll tokens and daily keys are a MUCH better reason. How about the ability to teleport from anywhere? You can even teleport to your workshop! The list goes on depending how many months of VIP you have.

Bottom line is: if you got VIP for the scrolls, you're doing something very wrong.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

adinosii said:

They didn't go poof all gone, they turned into rerolls and that was a damn good idea. I'm manged to get way more value out of them then I ever would the 100's of keys I had backlogged and don't tell me anybody would have been different.
    bobo#5090 said:

bobo#5090 said:

adinosii said:

No the keys were more useful, as now I have to buy a key to open the one and only chest in a random q, or the extra chest if there's more than one.

You DON'T have to buy a key to open the one and only random chest in a Dungeon. And you ALWAYS needed to get a special key to open the 2nd one in the Raids. The VIP keys NEVER opened the 2nd chest in Tiamat or Demogorgan.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    No but people with VIP keys.. could earn a bunch more AD and when they were implemented, it was just a matter of KEYS you had to what you could make.. now with AD cap it was limited, but not worthless to have VIP keys.

VIP has been devalued many times, with nothing added.

VIP should be adjusted after mod 16 is released to equal a bit more value in the new paradigm.

VIP was a way to earn more ad and cut grinding time.

They need to find a way to make it worth more again.. right now.. the only loss with VIP vs no VIP.. is some injuries, and mailbox and teleport anywhere.. just all convenience stuff more then anything else.

• lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2019

So then this mean don't remove scrolls and items continue to require identification? I don't think that's what you would want, so why make it part of your "VIP needs more value" argument?

This is weird thread to begin with. Seems there are much bigger fish to fry the the ID scroll change.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

the only loss with VIP vs no VIP.. is some injuries, and mailbox and teleport anywhere.. just all convenience stuff more then anything else.

You lose the VIP key. Potential AD maker.
    You lose reroll tokens. Potential AD maker.

Yes, most of it is convenience. Most things in life are paid for conveniences.

I sure wouldn't want to be inconvenienced by injuries, no mailbox, no bank, no signpost.

It could definitely use some more bonuses to add some value though. I will agree with that.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    As I recall in Neverwinter (as opposed to Neverwinter Online), a player could take an unidentified item (some items were cursed and once equipped bound to that character unable to be removed, until the player could pay someone to remove that item) to any merchant and have it identified for 100 coins...

The failing for Neverwinter Online in my opinion is they had three types of ID scrolls for different levels of equipment instead of just one ID scroll that could identify anything, regardless of level.... much like healing potions, there should be one healing potion that will heal characters for a certain percentage of the damage they've taken based on the baseline max hitpoints for those characters, but I guess three different types of ID scrolls and multiple levels of healing potions was seen by Neverwinter Online as a method of getting people to pay (and trade via the AH) various easily obtainable items regularly dropped in game content.

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased ID scrolls or healing potions from the Auction House since I formerly could build up a sizeable stock pile of those items simply by playing the game (I have however sold a few), I guess my characters have never been so in game currency rich or impatient to get something done that I couldn’t spend a little time to obtain the things I thought I needed just playing, but ‘c'est la vie’ - vive la différence.

Personally, despite the rumors I kind of doubt Neverwinter is going to do away with ID scrolls since they have made them an integral part of VIP rewards (unfortunately bound to character), which to me makes VIP less attractive since I have no need of stacks of (unfortunately bound to character) ID scrolls… and if they did do away with ID scrolls as a VIP benefit – what – if anything would Neverwinter substitute in place of the ID scrolls?

Idealistically if Neverwinter does away with ID scrolls, I really like to see the game replace the scrolls with preservation wards… but somehow I seriously doubt that is going to happen, more likely in my opinion Neverwinter decides to replace the ID scrolls with healing potions since those potions are dropping in the game less frequently and Mod16 is doing away with, or seriously nerfing Life Steal and Recovery… actually that just might entice more people to buy VIP. **But don’t tell the developers/Cryptic I said that. :s

DD~

No but people with VIP keys.. could earn a bunch more AD and when they were implemented, it was just a matter of KEYS you had to what you could make.. now with AD cap it was limited, but not worthless to have VIP keys.

VIP has been devalued many times, with nothing added.

VIP should be adjusted after mod 16 is released to equal a bit more value in the new paradigm.

VIP was a way to earn more ad and cut grinding time.

They need to find a way to make it worth more again.. right now.. the only loss with VIP vs no VIP.. is some injuries, and mailbox and teleport anywhere.. just all convenience stuff more then anything else.

I agree that they should add more value for VIP but saying that the "only loss.. is some injuries, mailbox and teleport" is understating it quite a bit. Frankly, I'd pay VIP just for those conveniences. And then you get a free key on top of it all. And bonus to RAD/Exp earned. And no fees to AH ... For $10 USD a month, its a pretty good deal.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Love it. This frees two more inventory slot on each toon (had one for the bound VIP scrolls and one for unbound scrolls). Every few weeks I dump 500 scrolls when the VIP scrolls overflow the one slot.

The only problem is now your inventory is going to fill up full of insignias now that you can upgrade epics to legendary but it requires 8 green, 4 blue and 1 purple ALL THE SAME TYPE. This means people are either going to farm insignias to sell on AH or like many players will collect them waiting to get enough for a "free" upgrade. So you gain two slots and lose a few dozen if you plan to be one of those who want a "free" upgrade. Congrats.

• altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Hmm id scrolls really?
    How about players testing new mod 16 with and without all boons and they can not feel any difference in gameplay.
    Surely this must be more nerf then most other topics about nerfs.
    Still, ty for this thread because it made many player complain about other more important things :)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    dionchi said:

As I recall in Neverwinter (as opposed to Neverwinter Online), a player could take an unidentified item (some items were cursed and once equipped bound to that character unable to be removed, until the player could pay someone to remove that item) to any merchant and have it identified for 100 coins...

The failing for Neverwinter Online in my opinion is they had three types of ID scrolls for different levels of equipment instead of just one ID scroll that could identify anything, regardless of level.... much like healing potions, there should be one healing potion that will heal characters for a certain percentage of the damage they've taken based on the baseline max hitpoints for those characters, but I guess three different types of ID scrolls and multiple levels of healing potions was seen by Neverwinter Online as a method of getting people to pay (and trade via the AH) various easily obtainable items regularly dropped in game content.

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased ID scrolls or healing potions from the Auction House since I formerly could build up a sizeable stock pile of those items simply by playing the game (I have however sold a few), I guess my characters have never been so in game currency rich or impatient to get something done that I couldn’t spend a little time to obtain the things I thought I needed just playing, but ‘c'est la vie’ - vive la différence.

Personally, despite the rumors I kind of doubt Neverwinter is going to do away with ID scrolls since they have made them an integral part of VIP rewards (unfortunately bound to character), which to me makes VIP less attractive since I have no need of stacks of (unfortunately bound to character) ID scrolls… and if they did do away with ID scrolls as a VIP benefit – what – if anything would Neverwinter substitute in place of the ID scrolls?

Idealistically if Neverwinter does away with ID scrolls, I really like to see the game replace the scrolls with preservation wards… but somehow I seriously doubt that is going to happen, more likely in my opinion Neverwinter decides to replace the ID scrolls with healing potions since those potions are dropping in the game less frequently and Mod16 is doing away with, or seriously nerfing Life Steal and Recovery… actually that just might entice more people to buy VIP. **But don’t tell the developers/Cryptic I said that. :s

I've been to mod 16 in Preview. All items are identified w/o scrolls. As a proposed replacement, 5 (count 'em FIVE) free BtA lockbox keys per character per day.
    edited March 2019

dionchi said:

I've been to mod 16 in Preview. All items are identified w/o scrolls. As a proposed replacement, 5 (count 'em FIVE) free BtA lockbox keys per character per day.
    Sure, they will change from one btA lockbox key per account per day to 5 per character per day. Everybody can dream. I guess will need to start to buy lockbox to use 250 lockbox keys per day (for those account that has 50 characters).
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    VIP really need makeovers and it seem steep for 1k zen (US 10 dollars value) for less items, keeping up with rank 12 VIP are becoming costly and outdated.
    to me personally, the cost would be at 250 zen, not at 1k zen. it was already devalued.

we need new perks, as long rank is 12, should be getting 1 coal ward a month if keep up.
    no updates for VIP and if Mod 16 are bad as other said, there no point of keeping VIP active.

recent changes to VIP seem little short to be acceptable and not as popular.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    wylonus said:

VIP really need makeovers and it seem steep for 1k zen (US 10 dollars value) for less items, keeping up with rank 12 VIP are becoming costly and outdated.
    to me personally, the cost would be at 250 zen, not at 1k zen. it was already devalued.

we need new perks, as long rank is 12, should be getting 1 coal ward a month if keep up.
    no updates for VIP and if Mod 16 are bad as other said, there no point of keeping VIP active.

recent changes to VIP seem little short to be acceptable and not as popular.

want more free stuff?? sure, we all do...

lol.

I'd love to have more free stuff but VIP IS worth it as is. the free daily key is 3000 zen value. the travel post.. priceless... not requiring kits to recover from injuries.. even MOAR Priceless.. having post and bank and seal vendor at our command SUPER Priceless. I think it's totally worth it as is. complaining over ident scrolls is really over the top imo. lol. sure add something else in since taken away but imo the value there is honestly negligible.
    In addition, it is not 1K Zen per month. For the minimum, anybody who plays long enough should use a 20% off coupon. Of course, one should buy 6 month package to get further discount instead of month to month. IMO, if you buy month to month, you may as well not buying it. Also, one should buy 6 month package(s) when it is 40%/50% off.