test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

What campfire functionality are you looking for? It should be possible to change load outs and do most other things anywhere in the Yawning Portal.
    Invoking, wasn't allowed to

Also how about VIP on the test server so we can see what's changed with say identify scrolls.

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.
    Yes.
    That is the answer to the question "What's changed with identify scrolls?".

Unless your character has a dietary issue that leads them to require a large quantity of otherwise worthless paper, ID Scrolls are now defunct.
  • xdruidgregxxdruidgregx Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Just reposting some thing I posted on wrong threads.

I've found statistic named hit point strength on my Cruel enchantments i'd like to know what does it do.

Mount insignia bonus "Protectors Camaraderie", woudl be nice if it would be activated by any skill used by companion not only attack skills

tooltips of powers that say "Increas threat" in my opinio should say also by how much. Also "Stamina regeneration" on character screen tooltip should be more clear. It sais for me now that "Stamina regeneration +48% ", 48% of what, whats the base value of stamina regeneration? 1%/s or 10%/s. would be more clear is it would say "Stamina regeneration 10%/s" which would indicate that my stamina regenerates 10% of my full bar per 1s (its just an example value wise)

Also you might consider restricting how much character mesh would grow when Dread warrior pasive skill kicks in continuasly. Its funnt when i grow as big as a mountain for the first time but it obstruct view if my character covera whole screen

Companion Enhancement sais "when companion is near", how near? Is it just flavour expretion and skill works as long as companion is in combat range to the player?

Some general ideas
    1. as i like my Drowned weapon set skill i use it till this time but its outdated stats wise, there could be Upgrade kit item in campaign shop that would reroll weapod statistics to level of certain campaigh and left set skill untouched. That upgrade Kit would cost as much as new weapon in campaign ( that could be also used for belt and necklace.
    2. As there is collection page in game that by this point serve no other purpose then preview items it could work like this. When you unlock new item u can use that entry as skin to transmute item without need of that item in your inventory

No info about deflection severity in character window, i think good choice would be to put % in tooltip of deflection as its constant for each class instead of "large amount of incoming damage" expression.

I think instance statistic window (X) shows automatically when pass amount of time in dungeon descryption.

Something is seriously wrong with CN, I get one shotted
    by the first mob (lvl 71) on the bridge even with block, i wont even mention that for some unknown reason to me my stats are cut on eTOS, eCC, eGWD, CN, FBI, eMSP and TONG. I would presume my stats would be cut on those easier instances if cut at all but on harder once, makes no sens to me. As on all mentioned except CN first mobs ( i just attacked first group in each instance) deals me damage that I am able to survive hopefuly long enough to be heald by healer, one shot on CN doesn't give me that chance.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @xdruidgregx I'm running dread warrior too.. I've never had my character grow? fully agreed that more explanation is required on the stats.
    edited March 2019

@xdruidgregx I'm running dread warrior too.. I've never had my character grow?

I went on tuern solo and as first group of mobs there have poisone if dread warrior pasive activates continuasly i just grow and grow. Might be just I'm unlacky enough ( as this pasive is % for activation) so it kicked in again and again ^^
    and here's proof

Post edited by xdruidgregx on
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

@asterdahl

Dude...
    Have you slept this weekend?

Whatever else I might have concerns about with this mod, the way you go the extra mile to keep on top of this HAMSTER and keep the tone mellow and friendly and non confrontational, when I'm sure there is every temptation to tell us all to just shut the HAMSTER up and stop moaning, honestly... you're a stronger man than I am.
    And I know I'm not alone in saying that I appreciate the effort you put in. It gives me confidence that Cryptic Towers isn't a howling pit of chaos. (Well... not entirely anyway...)

As we've seen from previous Preview releases, making sure we are kept informed with regular feedback and even if it's just acknowledging that you are still reading our comments is key to not having these boards turn feral.

Thank you for the effort and hard work.

It IS appreciated.

It's my pleasure! This is a big update, and we've been working on these changes for a long time—so we're all happy that you are finally getting a chance to get your hands on them, even if there are still plenty of kinks to work out. All of your feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Not sure if it has been addressed but the first campaign (Sybella/Tower district) does not complete when "looking" at the journal like the quest asks, preventing progress.

Edit: It just requires you to click on map in the room. Oops.
    Post edited by skrewfaz3d#1482 on
    ilithyn said:

asterdahl said:

Aaaaannnnd sooo…. the Masterwork weapons and artifact gear are obsolete now. Again. Not to mention the rings/neck/waist pieces that can no longer be put on companions. Just like all the pessimists predicted with the Mod 15 professions overhaul. Why did you bother?

The CTA weapons are even more obsolete, and if I have my IL reckoning right, so are the Tales of Old artifact sets.

I was really hoping you wouldn’t do that. The IL boost to the MW weapons seemed to leave enough room to “fill in” spaces between them and primals, as the CTA weapons seemed to be doing. But no. The Undermountain weapons are not only stronger than MW III weapons, but *much* stronger (~30% at green).

You could have added a Mythic level to weapons and artifact gear, that could only be unlocked once your character was level 80.

Or just kept the level cap at 70, since Item Level long ago effectively replaced character level, and raising the cap doesn’t change that.

There will be new masterwork recipes in the future. With a level cap increase, you're going to replace your old equipment all at once, I know this can be a bit frustrating—we don't do it lightly. However, I think it would be even more unexpected if your level 70 equipment were still best in slot when you hit level 80.
    Well, you could increase level requirement for masterwork weapons to 80 and increase item level of said weapons to be on par with new weapons.

This way when people login theirs weapons would be automatically unequipped from theirs level 70 characters and they would have to wait until 80 to re-equip them.

I bet they would prefer using a subpar replacement weapon from 70 to 80 than to feel that all AD spent last mod (to buy +1 weapons) only had endgame utility for one mod.
    Precisely this. I can't tell if @asterdahl is deliberately misreading or just flooded with information. No one is talking about 1-2 mod old weapons ect still being bis, we're talking about the heavy investments we've made being rendered completely useless and nonviable for endgame play at all over night. It's literally destroying every investment we've done into equipment, telling us to just start over without any compensation. It's not that weapons ects are no longer bis, we know damn well that every single mod will likely have something that's better and the ones that chases bis will go off after the new shiny, while the rest of us happily lag a few mods behind. That is something we can no longer do. We have to start chasing all new weapons ect and invest heavily, whether we want to or not, keeping older gear and being a bit sub par but still able to play, is something that cannot be done.

And don't even start me on companions and their equipment, that's the biggest flip off of a playerbase I've seen in quite a while in an mmo. Maybe not the biggest ever, but along with everything else it's really impressive.
    Sorry, it's definitely the latter—I am not deliberately attempting to misread your feedback, there's just a lot of it. Masterwork is a very touchy subject, but whenever I've waded into the discussion, I've always said the same thing, which in this case, is not something that you're going to want to hear: equipment is equipment. Whether you obtain it via the auction house from a masterwork crafter, from a dungeon, or a trial—there will be a time when that equipment is replaced, and that's all there is to it.

We won't be doing anything specific to allow you to "recoup your losses," for buying masterwork items. Please only buy masterwork equipment if you are prepared for the fact that you are buying equipment which will be outdated after a few modules. Masterwork equipment is meant to be a way to obtain very competitive equipment from other players using in-game currency, as opposed to completing difficult content to obtain it. It is not meant to specifically have a long lifespan than other equipment.

That being said, when we did overhaul the entire professions system, we did increase the item level of all masterwork recipes—and I apologize if this gave anyone the sense that we were setting a precedent for raising the item level of masterwork items. This is something I would like to avoid ever doing again, but it was unavoidable at the time as not doing it would have put masterwork items in an extremely bizarre spot as were were making item level 400 equipment available from basic recipes. We're not aiming to do any completely redesigns of the professions system again that would require such drastic measures.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. I do appreciate your feedback.
    geno82 said:

Question

What is with Tales of Old equipment and Cta weapon set? tales of old need 12 Days with 3hours and more playtime to become the new set. We become the set in mod 16 .. U can't give us lvl 70 equip for 36 hours playtime and say it's a nice event ... Please update the cta and tales of old equipments ...

When we started work on these new events, Module 16 was already in development, even though we wouldn't be announcing it for almost a year! So I do believe the designer who worked on those events, knew that the level cap would be increasing before people had finished their items. I do believe there will be a way to transfer over to level 80 versions of those items. I'll try to get more details on here in the near future.

asterdahl said:

Lets take Mod 16 for what it is.

A Reset!

The power creep has grown way way out of control due to poor balancing decisions made in the past.

OK I get it, I actually understand the fundamental idea they are attempting to accomplish here. There are going to be massive issues throughout the whole process and I understand that preview has a long long way to go and there will be many changes.

I am one of those that left due to the CW being made almost completely obsolete and not desired in any of the end game dungeons simply because other classes could do it better. To be frank I was pissed.

However I saw the trailer for Undermountain and more importantly they were upping the level cap to 80. Kewl lets get back into the game. Now understand that I ONLY play a CW. Quite literally that is what I played in the initial beta and it is the only toon that I have. I'm just a wizard kinda guy.

But what upsets me the MOST out of this whole thing.

NOT ONE DAMN NEW ABILITY!!!!!. We are all gaining 10 new levels and instead of fixing said issues and gaining new spells/abilities all that is happening is the spreading out of current abilities. I mean I am so livid about this, its not even funny. I am not even going to touch on the almost cookie cutter builds this mod is now going to make almost everyone, especially the wizards. So here is my question....

WHY NO NEW ABILITIES, SPELLS ore FEATS for the additional 10 levels?!

Every class received at least one new at-will, one new encounter, and one new daily. I don't play wizard very much, and I did not work on wizard, so I apologize that I do not know what they are off the top of my head (and I am not in the office to check) but I can assure you wizard did receive some new spells. You might need to check the two different paragon paths, and carefully examine your spell list.

I see that now, the "new" stuff is actually split between the two paragon paths. Which if you want my opinion is the wrong way to do it. EACH path should have at the bare bones minimum 1 new at will, 1 new encounter, 1 new daily, and 1 new feat. That is bare bones minimum. They should also be meaningful. I rushed to 77 to test cataclysm for the CW, what a disappointment for an AE spell. Will post more on that when I do my write up once I hit 80.

Again as I stated above, I understand there are many changes. However the severely numbing down that you all have done to every class is absolutely horrible. The community as a whole has told you for years where the problems lie. Instead of going in there and changing the feats/powers/encounters that needed it. You completely re-worked every class to the point that there will be very little if ANY diversity.

The problem is, when you remove as much character specific material as you did, you severely limit the choices players have. This is one of the biggest problems MOST PEOPLE have at this point in time. You have removed way to many choices from the players to build their characters as they want to build them, so we are now forced to build them the way you want us to build them.
    Hello! I appreciate your taking the time to check out the changes and to come onto the preview forums and send us your feedback. First I wanted to address the new powers, and their distribution amongst the paragon paths. I'd like to apologize sincerely that it was not possible for us to add a new at-will, encounter and daily for each paragon path.

We desperately tried to find time in the schedule to do so, but with the other needs on our FX and animation team, including re-doing and cleaning up a lot of other problematic powers, as well as building all of the new content for the module—it simply wasn't possible to build 48 new powers.

In regards to the removal of choices and the limiting of builds—I understand the sentiment completely. That being said, we feel that on live right now, most of the choices that most classes have access to are false choices, where there is clearly a correct answer. Sometimes it's clear right away what the correct choice is, but often times, it's not clear, and without reading a guide you could easily make the wrong choice and severely cripple your character.

Ultimately, we're aiming to provide just as many genuine choices as there are on live, by cutting out the false choices, and making sure that as many of the choices that we provide as we possibly can, are valid and change up your gameplay in an interesting way.

I know that with the sheer number of choices diminished, it immediately feels as if there is less choice, but I urge you to give the new system a try for a little while longer, and keep an eye on the changes in the coming weeks, and continue to provide feedback.

Question: Is everfrost resistance gone?
    In lonelywood doing one of the quest for the Challenge Campaign SKT Heroics, at level 80, I have taken more damage as a tank than as a level 70 on live. Damage and Healing are not to scale based on content. Mobs do too much damage, healing powers not high enough multipliers. Laying Hands daily healed for 2000?!? Bonecrusher boss, is healing for 551k

Thanks for the report! It sounds like there are some scaling issues and enemy related issues that you ran into. I'm not sure how Lay on Hands healed for 2000 though, as it should heal for whatever your missing health was. Let me know in the Paladin thread if you encounter any issues with that power.

On the topic of everfrost resistance—there is no longer any source of everfrost damage in the game. However, the resistance still exists on some equipment. We originally meant to remove it ahead of Module 16 launch, but may not have time to, as we're focused on other, much more important areas, and it is mostly on items that people will rarely encounter now. Just know that it does nothing, and will be removed in the future for clarity.
    pitshade said:

asterdahl said:

hustin1 said:

The duration of the Poison DoTs is REALLY ANNOYING. Long after the fight is over I have to sit there and wait an eternity before I can interact with anything because the damned thing keeps interrupting me.

If you're struggling, please let us know in what areas, and against what enemies. It's possible that you haven't taken the time to read through your new powers and figure out how to use them properly yet, however, more than likely you've run into a bugged enemy or a zone with bugged scaling making things much more difficult than intended.
    The DoTs and how they prevent interaction with quest objects has long been a pet peeve of mine. More to the point, some of the Undertaker mobs seem to have a poison that last for much longer than one would expect. Don't know exactly which one but maybe it will help.
    Thanks! I passed this along to the designer working on critters.
    baeyorn said:

Ok, finished the grind to 80 late last night/early this morning. A few highlights/lowlights from hither and yon.

* do not stand in the red! too many gwfs/barbies, pallies, rogues, etc ignore the indicator red warnings. BAAAD habits from live build. some of these NPCs will one-shot you, even the level 70 ones.

* You had better have defense needed for the level. defense of 14000 for level 70 up to 24000 for level 80. memorize this, learn it, sear it into your brain.

* The boons structure is actually pretty simple... take the 1st three on the left for tiers 1-4, and add in defense or dps for the various npc types. First 3 on the left are hp/Power, plus to crit or armor pen, and resistance to crit or armor pen. I forget which are which tier, but toss points into attack/defense against undead/cultists/demons/etc. They will come in handy as you go through the zones.

* Since there is no VIP on preview, have a supply of intense injury kits. I would up using about 60 in the trek from 70 to 80.

* I would suggest a supply of Mass Life or scrolls of life resurrection scrolls. Nothing less than a count of 100 I would think.

* The next to last boss fight in Vandrakdoom(?) against Kesera (?) took me 2-1/2 hours to figure out as a barb. Since i do less dmg than a plastic butter knife (and I apologize to all butter knives out there), I could not fight her straight up. Wound up re-speccing into all the defense I could carry as a dps barb, changed out my enchants, radiant rank 13 to azure rank 13 in defense slots, and replaced my unparalled fey with a rank 12 holy avenger.

* um.. BAD idea to put the campfire in the same room you are to fight her Netherese lady-ness. She just camps the spawn at the fire, and one-shots you again.

* Still wound up kiting her all the way back up to where Celeste was cooling her jets at the entrance. Used an earth archon at legendary and just did a hit and run attack sequence on her. It was the only way I could avoid getting one-shotted by her Netherese orbs.

* When you go in to free Umbraxal, do not attack him, Using the Light of Elune attack only. I had to leave and re-start the fight since I actually took him to 1 hp health, and could not make the Light of Elune attack work.

* The markers are very confusing at the end of the Umbraxal fight. i wasn't sure if I needed to use the light at the stage, or on Glytrax(?0/Umbraxal in the middle of the room.

Lastly, a question... I've got all the tasks done in the campaign, except for Lair of the Mad Wizard. I cannot find any one in Yawning Portal or in Vandrakdoom that has a breadcumb quest..?

PS - Aside from the preview-usual bugs, and often mentioned barbarian dps and survival issues, was a solid trek from 70 to 80. I enjoyed the Twisted zone and Wylldwood zones the most. Wylldwood, amazing thing.. SHAPE-SHIFTING DRUIDS!!

That is all.

B)

Thanks for taking the time to level to 80 on preview, and to write up your feedback here on the forums! I am genuinely delighted that you enjoyed yourself. I've passed along your feedback on the content and the various bugs you pointed out to the various designers who worked on it.

Also, I apologize about the exceptionally strong bosses (some of them are bugged) and in many cases, low damage for Barbarian. If you've been following the Barbarian thread at all, you'll know that changes are incoming.
    hustin1 said:

asterdahl said:

Lets take Mod 16 for what it is.

A Reset!

The power creep has grown way way out of control due to poor balancing decisions made in the past.

OK I get it, I actually understand the fundamental idea they are attempting to accomplish here. There are going to be massive issues throughout the whole process and I understand that preview has a long long way to go and there will be many changes.

I am one of those that left due to the CW being made almost completely obsolete and not desired in any of the end game dungeons simply because other classes could do it better. To be frank I was pissed.

However I saw the trailer for Undermountain and more importantly they were upping the level cap to 80. Kewl lets get back into the game. Now understand that I ONLY play a CW. Quite literally that is what I played in the initial beta and it is the only toon that I have. I'm just a wizard kinda guy.

But what upsets me the MOST out of this whole thing.

NOT ONE DAMN NEW ABILITY!!!!!. We are all gaining 10 new levels and instead of fixing said issues and gaining new spells/abilities all that is happening is the spreading out of current abilities. I mean I am so livid about this, its not even funny. I am not even going to touch on the almost cookie cutter builds this mod is now going to make almost everyone, especially the wizards. So here is my question....

WHY NO NEW ABILITIES, SPELLS ore FEATS for the additional 10 levels?!

Every class received at least one new at-will, one new encounter, and one new daily. I don't play wizard very much, and I did not work on wizard, so I apologize that I do not know what they are off the top of my head (and I am not in the office to check) but I can assure you wizard did receive some new spells. You might need to check the two different paragon paths, and carefully examine your spell list.
    The part about a new at-will doesn't tell the whole story. What really happened is that instead of having one of our at-wills be paragon-specific, now two of them are. This required removing an at-will from one of the paragon paths, so you had to add a new one to that path to make up for the loss.
    While that is technically correct (the best kind of correct) it's not the case that we only made a new at-will because of the way powers were divided among paragon paths. When we started Module 16 development, we knew we had enough time to make 24 new player powers (1 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily per class.)

After a lot of discussion, we settled on dividing up more powers between the paragons so we could make the choice more distinct, and actually allow more classes to play more roles. At that point, there was really no choice but to divide the powers up as you say.

That being said, we would have loved to be able to offer more new powers, but it simply wasn't possible with all of the other work that needed to be done for the module. We did try to ensure that no class received all their new powers on only 1 paragon path, but with 3 powers to divide up, it's not going to be perfectly even. I'd like to apologize for the frustration regarding the number of new powers added to certain paragon paths.

@asterdahl
    Workshop broke! My rank 4 workshop is down to max 8 artisans therefore I can't recruit new ones. Also most are missing from the all tab in my desk.

Sorry about that! It will be fixed!
    dupeks said:

adinosii said:

asterdahl said:

I do hope you continue to give the changes a try, we welcome the feedback.

Oh, I am, but as I said, I am not a big fan of the removal of choices. I like complexity.
    Bear in mind a big reason to be excited about this is that removal of powers / interactions might make the game balance easier to manage on limited resources.

The prior approach to balance kind of felt like whack-a-mole, especially with continued development of new moles. Even if this is a step back in terms of choice, it might make for viable non-bug-dependent choices. Who knows hah.
    This is certainly the hope and one of our primary goals. If we honestly felt that we could fix and provide as many choices as there were pre module 16, with all of those choices being viable and balanced—absolutely we would. However, it's unrealistic for even a much bigger team than ours to keep all of those choices viable, and in-line with one another.

We'd rather provide fewer, more meaningful choices, so that we can build content with a real baseline in mind and make that content more interesting and challenging.
    rjc9000 said:

In light of the "interesting" damage of artifacts...

On the assumption that the dev team can balance artifact damage versus other utility, I think some artifacts should have some semblance of damage, but not to the point of "free 50 million damage for doing nothing".

I would hope that there could be more interesting selections in artifacts besides "pick what has good stats" or "pick the one with a great utility bonus". Could have some unique artifacts that are great for pure damage, but terrible for everything else, in addition to the other current things to consider when picking artifacts.

I get it if the devs consider artifacts that deal damage to be too much work for what it was worth. After all, there have been some unusual bugs with artifacts in the past (see: Forgehammer refreshing itself under Artificer's or Chromatic Storm's debuff scaling) and I wouldn't want an experience where people are encouraged to nuke enemies with artifacts, sit at campfires waiting for the cooldown to come off, and then repeat...

As you can guess the current issue with artifacts doing millions is unintentional. However, we are looking to make damaging artifacts actually viable and decent damage. We're aiming to have them display a magnitude value and scale as expected like your base class powers.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2019

@xdruidgregx I'm running dread warrior too.. I've never had my character grow?

I went on tuern solo and as first group of mobs there have poisone if dread warrior pasive activates continuasly i just grow and grow. Might be just I'm unlacky enough ( as this pasive is % for activation) so it kicked in again and again ^^
    and here's proof

what mount do you use? tensers makes you grow... I've seen the repentant cultist take a recipe and grow, but he doesn't make you grow too. I've never seen dread warrior grow nor I have I when using him. I just spent like an hour and a half with him summoned... never once

what mount do you use? tensers makes you grow... I've seen the repentant cultist take a recipe and grow, but he doesn't make you grow too. I've never seen dread warrior grow nor I have I when using him. I just spent like an hour and a half with him summoned... never once

Here's waht mount and insignia buffs i'm using

and here my companions

I did noticed my character grows every time "Dreadwarrior's Insight" kicks in ( manage to stuck it 8 times at most ), i'd say its related to "Enrage" stated in descryption of it. On live it works the same though i get that there occasionally.

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

dupeks said:

adinosii said:

asterdahl said:

I do hope you continue to give the changes a try, we welcome the feedback.

Oh, I am, but as I said, I am not a big fan of the removal of choices. I like complexity.
    Bear in mind a big reason to be excited about this is that removal of powers / interactions might make the game balance easier to manage on limited resources.

The prior approach to balance kind of felt like whack-a-mole, especially with continued development of new moles. Even if this is a step back in terms of choice, it might make for viable non-bug-dependent choices. Who knows hah.
    This is certainly the hope and one of our primary goals. If we honestly felt that we could fix and provide as many choices as there were pre module 16, with all of those choices being viable and balanced—absolutely we would. However, it's unrealistic for even a much bigger team than ours to keep all of those choices viable, and in-line with one another.

We'd rather provide fewer, more meaningful choices, so that we can build content with a real baseline in mind and make that content more interesting and challenging.
    Well here is thing about this, this game now has become a game for the age of 10-12 years where the characters build takes 10 sec and you hit at wills for 20 sec while you wait to smash 3 buttons and sometime a 4th for daily,

There is probably a good idéa to simplify some aspect of the characterbuilding but this + the long time on encounters with the minimum of damage from at wills removed just about everthing about theorycrafting and flowing combat.

Just do this (knowing you will not ofc) make a survay of how many players you have that stayed in this game because it had a deep theorycrafting in it when it comes to not only builds but gear crafting companions etc, and how many stayed or was lured to this game because it had a combat system that was fast and fun.

My guess ( and that one is pretty educated is that should scare you or at least indicate that you are way of in this.

Not ONE not a single person in this game that I talked to do not disslike that you dumb down feat and power building into something that hardly can count as building a character any more.

I do offer a suggestion (knowing cryptic since mod 1 I write this against my better judgement as your history for changing anything after it hit preview, unless it impacts the economy, is less then microscopic):

Remove the 2 path for now you limited it to hard to make 2 path from this.

Remove ANY connection to encounters/daily from feats, make players shoose from more damag-more defence, more ap gain-more movement. Make the feats something that moves your character in different directions NOT what encounters you pick.

If you want to keep some restrictions with -30% damage for making a tanking build tie -5/-10% to damage to certain feats/powers/daily instead do that if you pick several of them you automaticly become more tank less damage.

Upp At will damage and make enounters do less with a bit less downtime, this would make the combat less static and more flowing again(this has been suggested more times that i care to count)

IF you remove the 2 path let the character creation have acces to all feats/powers you would be able to get a more diversified character building.

Let the players decide how they want to play the characters may it be something between like a hybrid, may it lean more toward dps with a tanky side etc.

As it is now setting up these 2 path with this limited selection of horrible(sorry but they are) feats tied to certain powers is just much of boxing in something that has non.

Best
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.

I think the point about the ID scrolls, that it would be nice to get something instead of them for the VIPs.....maybe just a few bound healing potions per day or something like that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • wofulsnail171#1081 wofulsnail171 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

I did noticed my character grows every time "Dreadwarrior's Insight" kicks in ( manage to stuck it 8 times at most ), i'd say its related to "Enrage" stated in descryption of it. On live it works the same though i get that there occasionally.

i noticed that too. on the live server the dreadwarrior kicks in up to two or three times max, on preview i litteraly grew out of the cave

• yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Out of curiosity: now that stats have changed to which attributes they contribute, will we be allowed to respect the ratial stats bonus we can to better fit the playstyle? For example, I make a dragonborn Paladin and grante the +2 to both CON and WIS because what they did.

But now, with the new changes, perhaps I would want said +2 in CON and CHA or STR. But instead, I have to stick with the +2 in CON and WIS, something that would not be so appealing for me.

My question is, now what? Do we get a chance to properly buff the stats we want or we stick with what we previously had? (Edit: Because I didn't saw any option for one to re-distribute racial stats during the respec.)
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @asterdahl said:
    > Question
    >
    >
    >
    > What is with Tales of Old equipment and Cta weapon set? tales of old need 12 Days with 3hours and more playtime to become the new set. We become the set in mod 16 .. U can't give us lvl 70 equip for 36 hours playtime and say it's a nice event ... Please update the cta and tales of old equipments ...
    >
    > When we started work on these new events, Module 16 was already in development, even though we wouldn't be announcing it for almost a year! So I do believe the designer who worked on those events, knew that the level cap would be increasing before people had finished their items. I do believe there will be a way to transfer over to level 80 versions of those items. I'll try to get more details on here in the near future.

Thx for the fast reply. I hope u have a fast answer too in near future When it's not upscaling to lvl 80 it's useless.. Maybe upgrade the books too .. Old Artifact include books habe 3000 stats... A few new artifacts have 6000stats
  • akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Because you are removing Life Steal from game do you will be fully refunding guilds who builded Temple?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    to make easier to plan stats

Can we get a place to see enemy stat to try to understand the stats we need to fight thme, maybe in collections campaing winmdow, or some kind of new window pls ?
    You could also place it in the map like hovering the mouse over a area could diplay the base stats for that zone...

most of my toons felt realy different, but i was facing it as a new game from start so no problem there, a lot less choices but i can figure why is that way, have to say i really liked what i, seen so far in the new zone.

we need a warning list for know Bugs, this would reduce the number of people talking about the same bug, this list could also provide what kind of info and format you need so we can help more while testing

Tks
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    VIP last mod they took away salvage ,something that was "SOLD" to us. This mod they are taking away identify scrolls ,something that was "SOLD" to us .What do they plan on taking away from VIP next mod? Maybe enchant keys? What is the reason to bother buying VIP anymore seeing with each new mod you are removing something you already "SOLD" to us.
    Does not make your company look very trust worthy by selling us stuff just to take it away down the road.
    After reading thru all 10 pages I see maybe 5 who like these new changes and a lot more and I mean a lot more that do not so that tells me we are more than likely looking at a Mod 6 HAMSTER all over again.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    marnival said:

Let the players decide how they want to play the characters may it be something between like a hybrid, may it lean more toward dps with a tanky side etc.

As it is now setting up these 2 path with this limited selection of horrible(sorry but they are) feats tied to certain powers is just much of boxing in something that has non.

Best

The problem of letting the player decide is that they like to cheese. That's what happening now, giving too much synergy between powers creates whole loads of buff stacking up upon each other. Ultimately causing huge broken number that insta kill bosses. What the developer does now is to prevent that from ever happening.

After studying the HR class for a while in preview, I can say they did a pretty good job. Although, there are no more archer, combat or trapper tree anymore, the element to those play style are still there. U can still build a trapper out of both paragon. Although they are less powerful, but they are well balanced. The Hunter path are given the damage ( thorn root ) but u cant spam as much while Warden path are given cooldown reduction ( swiftness of fox ) but u no longer have the DoT from Thorn root for extra damage. Its like choosing between Speed or Power instead of being overpowered by having them both. It also further enhance the uniqueness of both paragon.

If u view it from the game balance perspective, its for the best of the game as player can no longer able create an overly powerful build to cheese over the game. Our performance might not be as before but at least we don't have to complain about the game being too easy or some broken meta. Anyway, the system they implement are still new and there are still plenty of room to grow. Most importantly, they are in the right direction to prevent broken meta.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    As someone who spent around $600 on the game in November on companion upgrade and other things, I dislike this update because of the money I spent on my characters was for a mere 3-6 months if that. After dropping that amount down I figured that what I just dropped into my character would last me a good year or more but not so. Instead all of that money I spent was a complete waste. I'm not the only one in that boat and it is quite frustrating to know I spent so much on this game and you simply are ruining what I paid towards on my characters.

With that said and after testing out the update I feel like Cryptic owes a refund to anyone that spent real world money on buying items in this game; basically anyone that bought zen and converted it into AD and acquire anything from the AH. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will feel like this given what you are doing to the game. Please explain how you will compensate players who spent real world money to buy zen to acquire AD to upgrade their companions and other things that are now worthless?

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Dungeons on playtest are far too easy. I can still solo most dungeons without any chance of dying.

For example, eLoL: