Shadowclad 4%? Negation 0.02%? asf
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on

Comments

• itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Thk you for the screens.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Yeah, the Armor and Weapon Enchantments need another pass. Or three.

I don't even know where to start except to suggest that stat ratings should not be assigned to these types of enchantments, especially because of how the new system works. Stick with flat % values or do something else.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The values on enchants are a joke, there is no point in grinding to lvl them up. I really hope it's just some bug on preview.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    So, ATM ...

Best W. enchants: (1st)Vorpal, (2nd)Bronzewood and (3rd)Dread
    Best A. enchants (no ranks): Bloodtheft, Eclipse (only for tankers), Negation, Fireburst and Barkshield

2fv72Fw.png
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Bloodtheft looks like a total trap. 80% of the time it would proc off of an At-Will for a pitiful amount of HP. Now if it triggered only off of Encounters and Dailies, then we'd be talking.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    For weapon enchantments, Vorpal seems to be the winner at first sight but some other could be interesting.

Lifedrinker : Does the lifesteal actually work? What's the lifesteal severity? 100%? Does it count as healing?

Bronzewood : Do you get combat advantage as well?

Bilethorn : 45% seems strong. Does it properly stack?

Lightning : The arc seems really strong for large groups.

Holy Avenger : could be useful for soloing or for healers.

I'll get on it tonight.
  • tigersclaw#7201 tigersclaw Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Why is Vorpal considered the best now? What's the math behind it?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    tigernuno said:

Why is Vorpal considered the best now? What's the math behind it?

Did you see the tooltip? And others'...
    FrozenFire
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Vorpal weapon should always be stronger as in DnD it has a chance to just kill the enemy with 1 strike. But Flaming=Plague this is a problem 6% bonus damage was very good Im ran 4 modules on the barbarian* with him.
  • scntyboy#8080 scntyboy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    What about terror? It used to be a decent buff/debuff. I didn't see it on your list
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Terror, sadly, doesn't do anything useful anymore.

I've tested them a bit.

- Bronzewood : Works fine, a very good enchantment for tanks and healers. The mark isn't a mark at all and doesn't give CA.

- Bilethorn : The proc deals good damage and can stack indefinitely.

- Lightning : Deals even more damage than Bilethorn but only against groups.

I don't think Bilethorn or Lightning can rival Vorpal but they are decent options.

For healing :

- Lifedrinker : The lifesteal severity seems to 50%. It is of course pretty unreliable with such a low chance.

- Holy Avenger : The healing is very small but reliable.

I don't think they can replace a healing skill. Oak Skin for example heals 10x as much as Holy Avenger.

I won't bother you with the maths but I checked at which point Bronzewood becomes better than Vorpal and the answer is 300% Critical Severity. So, not gonna happen.
    Ty. All this reminds me of mod 4 n 5. Where most people only had 30-40% crit. Lol. Just sad it see all enchantments get lowered like this. But people should have seen this coming. This game couldn't keep going the way it was. 15-20 min CR runs lol. I remember premod 6 as a tank running laps at boss fights. Or pulling my hair out as a dc trying to keep people alive cuz they scattered like cockroaches during boss battles
    Any news about sets. Ie circus, Valhalla, etc. Are they doing updated versions? I seen the one post about the new 5 sets. But no details on them
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2019

What about terror? It used to be a decent buff/debuff. I didn't see it on your list

Looking at it on preview:

"Terror Enchantment, Rank 12:
    Your At-Will, Encounter, and Daily powers deal 4% bonus damage as necrotic damage.

Whenever activating your Daily power, your foe receives -2400 Awareness for 10 seconds. Your Daily powers also have a 10% chance of rooting your target for 3 seconds; this effect may occur no more than once every 20 seconds."

So at that rate, it's for punching through some Combat Advantage resist and occasionally rooting a foe or two when bombing a group with a ranged aoe Daily. Maybe useable for lower IL Rogues and Rangers? Those classes aren't my area of expertise I'm afraid. I have a r12 Terror myself, curious what to do with it.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I won't bother you with the maths but I checked at which point Bronzewood becomes better than Vorpal and the answer is 300% Critical Severity. So, not gonna happen.

CA build.

Right now, Vorpal is only really good on Crit setups (of which are overly encouraged from the classes I've tried). If you run Vorpal on a Crit build, you're only slightly behind, no Vorpal on a Crit setup and CA build wins by a fairly big margin.

The question becomes if there are any enchants that have a decent enough DPS increase to separate a CA build with a unique enchant versus a Crit build with Vorpal. And I have not done the math, but the only enchants of consideration would be Bronzewood, Flaming/Plaguefire, Lightning, or Bilethorn possibly being decent on CA builds.

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Negation is probably bugged. I mean I dont know which dev in his right mind can "balance" an enchantment like that. So Im gonna hold back on further feedback and wait till we hear official info on it.

Feytouched's debuff should proc off of encounters. Its already nerfed thanks to losing the damage boost, no need to further nerf it by restricting its effect application to dailies only.

I like seeing Vorpal being relevant again, its a D&D classic. Flaming and Plaguefire doing the same thing cant be wai, i guess enchantments as a whole are further down the to do list. Devs are and should be focusing ot making classes feel good first.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Plague Fire level 14 enchant DROPS in damage from level 13 enchant - 4.5% Fire Damage at level 13 for At-Wills, Dailies and Encounters down to 2% at level 14. I was expecting a 5 or 5.5% buff - not a reduction.

Hopefully it's just a tooltip typo.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    To the developers:

Please allow players to turn their Enchantment animations "ON" or "OFF" .

There are truly beautiful pieces of armor and weaponry in Neverwinter. Please don't keep forcing players to cover these up using 12 identical visual effects. The new world of Mod16 could be more visually stunning... as if hundreds of weapon and armor skins suddenly appeared.

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085 You can turn off armor enchant visuals already in mod15. Just open up your character, choose 'manage item enchantments' on your chest armor, and select 'disable visuals' on the armor enchant.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Holy Avenger (weapon enchantment) should have an additional power bonus for two classes: Clerics and Paladins

Thanks
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    To upgrade from level 13 to 14, what do you need?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Hope the trade option goes live like it is on preview atm...
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    so with the 1:1 trade for weapon and armor enchants on preview what do you think which enchants will be bis for the dps classes? Vorpal + Bloodtheft or Vorpal + Barkshield I would guess.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    edited March 2019
    Best Weapon Enchants: Vorpal, Holy Avenger, and Lightning
    Best Armor Enchants: Fireburst, Elven Battle, and Eclipse

Bloodtheft + Lifedrinker are an underperforming option for solo farming, imo. Together they aren't even as good as 10% lifesteal now.

Soulforged will be useful situationally. The problem with Barkshield is that any DoT shreds it. Negation is OK, but its better to actually increase your defense to the 60-80 % range, in which case its benefit is capped or wasted.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Where is the weapon enchant trader? Is it also possible to trade enchants for runestones?
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Best Weapon Enchants: Vorpal, Holy Avenger, and Lightning
    Best Armor Enchants: Fireburst, Elven Battle, and Eclipse

Bloodtheft + Lifedrinker are an underperforming option for solo farming, imo. Together they aren't even as good as 10% lifesteal now.

Soulforged will be useful situationally. The problem with Barkshield is that any DoT shreds it. Negation is OK, but its better to actually increase your defense to the 60-80 % range, in which case its benefit is capped or wasted.

Negation is currently nonfunctional for me on Preview. R12 Negation is showing as 0% DR per stack, and it feels like 0% DR per stack.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Have they made any further passes on Weapon and Armor Enchants, or is this all there is?
    Well, right now the tooltip amounts dont match the equipped tooltip amounts. Once you equip an enchant some of effects show up as 10% of the listed amounts before equipping. At such a nerfed level, I don't think anyone would really care what enchantments they owned. I believe they are nerfing them temporarily (and other things too) in order to make them a non-factor while balancing classes and skills. The Doohickey re-useable item, for instance, used to deal over 30,000 AoE damage every 60 seconds. Its tooltip still says this until you equip it. At that point the tooltip and effect change to 0 damage. I just hope they remember to switch all of these "nerfed" effects back to normal before live.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Has the release onto live made any noticeable changes to which Armor/Weapon enhancements are most useful for each class?