test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: Paladin Feedback

Comments

• Options
    jeboleth#9086 jeboleth Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but after I chose my feats, two of them still say OR between them and the game thinks I still have powers to spend. The Character icon on the top bar is glowing and the Powers tab is blinking.

Not sure how to attach a screen shot.
  • Options
    impek#5359 impek Member Posts: 9 Arc User

I played a bit with my OP in Barovia yesterday.

1. Thematically, you've changed my OP from a magical tank into what feels like a plain jane... Guardian Fighter.

is it me or even animations with weapon drawn are the same?
  • Options
    xbre4kerxxbre4kerx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Not sure if it has already been said, but while I was in Temple of the Spider (Master) I got stuck facing one direction all the time. Couldn't change it even when attacking, casting or shielding.

Sorry, but I'm having troubles making the text red.
  • Options
    wormwooodwormwoood Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    hi, I have put a lot of time into my toons farming out boons; I play as a op and dc... I play these classes because I enjoy them.. what if after mod 16 drops, I do not like them anymore... dose this mean i'll have to go back and start grinding out boons, or buy them, on another class; that I like? The changes that are being made to the game are BIG... will you be compensating us in any way for this? e.g. giving us a full unlock token (for each maxed out character we have on our account) to create a new toon of a different class?.... Or, Just a thought, there could be a feature that would unlock boons, and all, account wide, after complete that content on 1 or 2 toons... this would allow people to try new classes if they do not like the ones they have (being stuck with) and put a lot of money/time into... has this been thought about or is something like this in the works? thank you for your time..
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Combat (Self)] Battle Wight deals 968947 Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack

In kessel. This seems a bit off to me my Wizard takes less damage doing solo kessel than my paladin doing team. and a battle wight doing nearly 1 million damage seems odd

Powrie deals 223954 (268472) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

That is a massive 1 hit in SHARANDAR. This has to be wrong. And i tested it on my wizard and cleric neither cam close to that hit from a powrie. Is paladin tank now weaker than cleric healer and wizard
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I am a console player so my toon has been leveling up in this new system. Survivability is an issue whenever you're facing 3+ enemies because our at-wills hit for 1/3 of the mobs. They hit for 120 each, we hit for 40, Encounters aren't always ready by the time we reach the next pack of enemies (especially if you accidentally hit a button). Putting up shield doesn't help because burning light. Burning light still has a charging cast but I can't tell what for.. in mod 15 I can cast burning light then go defense because of the charges keep going. In 16, It takes time to charge cast but only damages once. Guess what happens while you're charging? The paladin is a punching bag. I joined a guild at level 15 and added stats from ilvl 500 boons are negligible (defense).

Gear does not drop enough (going through appropriate level content: Blacklake at level 7, Tower district at 14) or is rewarded enough to keep up with the content (Note: acquired xp bonus to help leveling so I am leveling at an accelerated rate now) especially for paladin as there is no gear sold in Protector's enclave that we can buy using gold (copper) besides white boots and white chest armor: No green/blue items or weapons are available as there is for the other tank classes. At this point (~lvl 16), I'm getting by using smite on any enemies with any sort of barred health bar and waiting 30 seconds (not actually timed) for tab to refill divinity.

Side issue: Worked AI campaign this morning and first quest has a typo where they refer to a "documency" case during quest end conversation.
    Post edited by skrewfaz3d#1482 on
  • Options
    thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Gotta say not happy with paladin right now divinty recharge rate needs to be jacked up or at wills need to hit a whole lot harder. The feats are pretty sad compared to other classes. Templer's Wraith should regenerate hp, we are Paladins after all and self healing is part of the spec. What's worse if I have to stand there like a mushroom holding my shield up to regenerate divinity then my shield should be able to reflect damage back at the enemy.
  • Options
    srad600srad600 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    On my justicar build I am having huge problems with lack of divinity after initial start of combat my encounters are pretty much greyed out and stay that way for seemingly forever leaving me with my at wills and guard only (and we cant use our at wills with the guard up) in the occasions when someone else is there, either they or my companion get aggro of me easily as the only big boost to my aggro is templars which I am unable to use most of the time as its greyed out as previously stated, suffice to say its driving me nuts. My healer spec seems to be far more 'tanky' as it least he is able to heal through some of the damage and my encounter powers are available much more.

The other issue I have is ability scores, I have gone with con, charisma but with this new setup I am not sure if its the right way to go ie are our abilities magical so Int or should we be in strength ???
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Adventuring in the open world has never felt so...stilted. I don't know how to get the fun back, but I'd suggest massively boosting out of combat Divinity regen as a start. Resource management should only come into play in drawn out encounters, not between trash mobs IMHO.

This right here is my main issue with the OP changes. I've played tank - and everything else - in more mmos than I care to recall. It has never required resource management, certainly not on the level that OP now requires, to do solo play and fight trash mobs. In all, unless you like boring, accounting style, play style, OP is a terrible class to play solo (and frankly not much fun in groups either).
    I have no idea what the devs were thinking when making this change, from tank to accountant, but I think they'll find themselves losing a huge chunk of paladin players.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I ran Castle Never last night and although we were successful, there were parts that were ridiculous (in a bad way) both from a mechanics standpoint and as a Paladin. I tried a bunch of different powers in CN as well as solo so I would like to provide some high level feedback rather than going power by power as others have (I only did that with the Feats). Sorry for the length :)

Castle Never specific: When killing the zombies that are trying to get to the orb before the second boss I felt completely useless. Since they were not attacking me I quickly ran out of Divinity so I was left with weak at wills or encounters with long cooldowns. I assume the rest of the group was in a similar situation as that part took us way too long. The orb exploded probably 6 or 7 times. I hope this is a bug and those zombies are not scaled correctly.

Overall Paladin feedback (not specific to CN):
    Soloing - consider removing the 30% damage reduction when we solo or increase the 5% damage we get with Divine Justice. I completely understand you don't want a tank in a group to do as much damage as a DPS with the same gear, but that reduction makes solo play slower and we don't have a DPS path to swap to like every other class does.

Divinity - not sure how I feel about this. One of the main reasons I play Neverwinter is because I don't want to manage a mana pool. I like the D&D model of at-will, encounter, daily powers that are managed by cooldowns. I really don't like that you moved away from this model and gave us a mana pool. And considering how crippled we are without divinity, you really need to increase the divinity regeneration rate, both in and out of combat, or give us divinity potions. Finally, with everything else we already have to pay attention to as the tank (watching for enemies that are not attacking me, moving out of red, repositioning the boss, having to know all of the mechanics, etc) you now have us managing a mana pool. I am sure it is too late, but please consider removing Divinity, at least for Justicar.

Threat - wow, not sure where to start. The encounters you gave us to generate threat on paper are fine, TW, VoE, Smite+DC (referred to as SDC). Use those in combination with Oath Strike and we should be good. In reality, that was not the case. TW and SDC both cost divinity so if you died and are revived mid fight you have nothing. Even if you didn't die, once you are out of divinity (600 cost Divine Pallisde + 300 TW) you are left with the choice between Oath Strike to keep agro or Block to regain divinity. VoE is good aoe snap agro but has a very long cooldown and since you are out of divinity you can't followup with anything other than Oath Strike to try and stay at the top, except you need to block to regain divinity and as soon as anyone else takes threat (our CW was constantly pulling threat from me) while you are blocking, you basically sit there and wait for VoE to come off cooldown. I appreciate that we now have to make decisions and think about when we use skills, but it is now way too easy to become a tank without the ability to tank.

Block - let us attack while blocking, similar to a GF. Divinity gain is really slow and if we have to spend most of our time blocking to regain it, I would like to be able to contribute more to the fight than just holding my shift key. The alternative is to either increase the rate we gain divinity from block or give us another source of divinity gain. If you wont give us the ability to attack while blocking, adding a small amount of threat to block would help so that while we are blocking to regain divinity, the rest of the party is not pulling threat.

Divine Pallisade - the cost is too high, especially since most of our other powers require divinity. 600 is more than half your bar, which means using it makes Towering Light almost useless. I tried using it in CN and the cost was too prohibitive so I stopped. However, I also didn't feel like I was missing it since it is only a 10% shield. I would rather this be an emergency type power with a longer cooldown.

At-Wills - I have zero complaints. I understand your intention and am good with the low damage, though I am probably in the minority on that opinion.

Encounters - I like that you have reduced the number of encounters. I love that my Oathkeeper will no longer be a buff bot. I miss the temp hitpoints of templar's wrath but I have already moved on. I really don't like that I now have a mana pool to manage (explained above in Divinity section). And thank you for removing the knock back on Relentless Avenger. I love zooming into packs of mobs when I am running around solo.

Dailies - Again, I have no complaints. Thank you for Radiant Charge. It's nice have a true AoE Daily, rather than splash damage from Divine Judgement. Only feedback is that 5% feels low for Shield of Faith. Then again, once things are tuned properly and overall damage is lowered (no more one shots) this may be the right place for the power.

Auras - an aura is something that should be constantly active, not triggered by a daily. I appreciate the removal of Courage and Wisdom as they were required, however you have again locked us into Composure so now our only real choices are Divine Justice when solo or for group play Divine Challenger (if I can manage my divinity well enough to use Smite) or Divine Shieldbearer.

Feats - They are all disappointing. I honestly cannot find anything positive from any of them. Also, having a feat lock us into specific powers is a bad practice. We will have to agree to disagree on this part :)
    Valorous Judgement - with crit capped at 50% this looks like a must have for smite users. However, if I am using Smite as part of tanking, I am likely using Oath Strike or Shielding Strike. The tanks job is to hold agro and stay alive, not do damage so I don't know why I would sacrifice the success of the party to do a little more damage, 5% of the time. And that assumes I can pay attention enough to know when it triggered and I have enough divinity left to Smite. It's probably fine for solo.
    Sacred Shield - holding judgement on this until I hit lvl 72 and get shielding strike. However, stamina has not felt like an issue and this feat locks us into 2 powers.
    Divine Reciprocation - I just don't have room on my bar for Divine Touch. Even if I did, I have enough to manage already that any time I would use Divine Touch would be on myself making this useless.
    Absolute Shield - could be nice, just need to figure out how I can get Absolution into my rotation.
    Enhanced Radiant Charge - the visual is fun (when soloing) but I end up messing up the group. Enemies are now facing the dps that were standing behind them, all the enemies then run toward me and everyone else has to reposition. I have the same complaints about Thirst.
    Bound to the Land - Penalties on buffs is silly. We are already the slowest class and you penalize everyone that wants BO in their rotation for the damage shield and stamina regen and only care about the "prevents control effects" situationally.
    Towering Light - love the spirit of this but its more micro management of my mana pool and with the current costs it barely ever kicked in since I was constantly below 75%. I would love it to increase regeneration rate when below 75% or even 50% but that would make it a required feat.
    Vigilant Defender - love the spirit but as it currently stands I will never get to use this because of the poor divinity regen (sorry to sound like a broken record) requiring me to take Towering Light.
    Divine Benefactor - why do game developers think that if they give us a benefit they have to tack on a penalty. Just double the range. We already have to choose if we want to take this feat over better stamina regen, and then it only benefits a daily power and only on the rare chance that we actually need that daily power.
    Bulwark of Faith - holding judgement until I get to lvl 80, but so far stamina has not really been an issue so not sure how useful this will be.

More to come as I play more on preview.

• Options
    hendre#4022 hendre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you so much for destroying the game and character I've been playing for 3 years. I will be expecting a refund for all the time and money I have put into this game!!!!

HAYDEN
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

We're definitely considering adjustments to Divine Palisade, however, I would like to clarify that you're taking reduced damage if you stand anywhere behind it, regardless of the source of the damage. So you don't need to worry if an enemy scoots around you. (Your party also takes reduced damage here, not practical for normal combat, but during a boss fight, it can be a great mitigation tool for unavoidable damage, or as an off tank in trials.)

If that is the case, just make it a circle on the ground which is far more clear. New players coming into this game are not going to read your comments here, they are going to think the same thing a vet just thought.

Truthfully the whole power needs to be rethought out. I mean it looks cool but outside of that, that is the only good thing I have to say about it.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    asterdahl said:

First, I'd like to say that scaling issues in campaign zones and outlier enemy problems may dramatically be affecting your experience. While I know its probably most appealing to go to zones that you're familiar with the feel of to test the comparison, unfortunately due to these bugs, you may run into a case where things are feeling much more difficult than they are meant to, so I want to apologize personally for this problem.

Yeah, I actually tried it in the Undermountain zone first with the same results so I wanted to try it in an area that I was already familiar with as I am currently taking this toon through that content. Understand that scaling is in flux, I am glad you guys are working on that.
    asterdahl said:

I did read all of your feedback, so I apologize that I don't have time to respond to everything, but if I haven't I probably either have already responded to a similar subtopic or will in the future, so if you have time, please scroll through the thread and read my posts.

No problem, you guys are super busy, thanks for any response. Outside of Mod16 my biggest criticism of any company is how they communicate with their customers. Always strive for more engagement! :)
    asterdahl said:

On the topic of blocking being hit points: I understand the perspective you're using as you think about it, but the shield doesn't actually have hit points. What is happening is you're using your stamina to intercept damage, and the amount of damage you can block is based on your stamina and your maximum hit points. To put it simply, the stronger you get, the more damage you can block, which is a pretty reasonable concept. And, if you block a lot of damage, your get tired (run out of stamina) and must lower your guard momentarily.

That said, block also has other elements, for instance, blocking as a Justicar restores divinity. Additionally, if you're finding that you're dying instantly when you aren't blocking, that's an issue, and there are probably some problems going on in the area or with the enemy you're fighting so please be as specific as possible about what enemies felt like this.

There will be some cases where blocking will be crucial, such as against a boss's tank buster, but it shouldn't be that you die instantly against a pack of trash in a dungeon when you lower your shield, or an enemy in the world. (Though in group content, if your healer isn't helping at all or is having a rough time, it may be the case that you die.)

Yeah, I get that, its tied to stamina. That is why the Pally does not have a super dupper cool movement like the Fighter or Warlock, they are using their stamina for that. But you realize that you are double wammying us, right? I mean the Warlock is not burning through HP or sparks or anything when they are blazing around with their class Shift power. You are trying to justify that holding a shied is somehow tied to my HP base but... that is stamina, not HPs. A body builder might have a huge pull of HP but very little stamina while a cross country running is light but full of stamina.

A 1st level toon should have just as much protection standing behind their shield as a 80th level toon. If you wanted to scale stamina to LV, OK that would make sense across the board but ONLY tying the Pally and Fighters class mech down with a limitation and no other class is just... wrong. Please explain how that is "class balancing"? Its a penalty for 2 classes out of all the others.

As a complete side note and not part of the pally feedback, I am against the removal of AC. AC was about the only stat that made sense, you piling on HP to gear is just.... unrealistic unless that gear if being destroyed (which were optional rules in AD&D 2ED).

• Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

I understand that blocking is using the shift key. That is a block mechanic, but is it the only one?

Is it also blocking when we deflect an attack in regards to generating Divinity? Or must we use the shift key for all blocking?

Currently, my Paladin was specced for the live server. With the changes on test, there will need to be extensive rebalancing of stats. As HP are not as important as Defense. Armor Penetration does not need to be stacked as high, etc.

If Deflection also causes a blocked attack, then it will be important for Divinity gain. Or do Fighters and Paladins dodge when they Deflect?

How much damage is mitigated for a Deflection?

Currently on Test, my Paladin has woefully low defense. After the 16k of AP that the mobs have, it only leaves 1500, which is 3% damage mitigation. As I largely ignored Defense in preference to HP on the Live server.

On Test, I need a lot more Defense to properly mitigate damage. Defense offers augmenting returns, rather than diminishing returns. It is much better to mitigate damage than to have HP and take more damage. Mitigating damage makes healing much more effective. Understanding this HUGE change to tanks is what many people seem to misunderstand. Paladins no longer do more damage due to large HP pools. Paladins do not get the insane temp HP and shields anymore. While Paladins double their HP pool when using the shift block mechanic, your damage mitigation impacts how much damage you take, making Defense more important than HP. HP are no longer king for Paladins.

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I looked at the feats, boons and powers for Justicar paragon, and could not make myself finish them they were so bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Soloing feels much easier as Oathkeeper. Bane from range to pull, activate circle of power for Divinity regen and then stand in the circle of power switching between Bane, Smite and At-wills. Channel Divinity with Guarded Prayers still feels slow, but maybe that is intentional. And we don't have the 30% damage penalty (25% with Divine Justice).
  • Options
    Has anyone found a way to make the Stamina and Divinity bars less transparent out of combat so it matches what it looks like in combat?
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl. I'll give more feedback on the paladin in a later post but I wanted to ask a question. Why does Divine Fulmination (the peak Oathkeeper at-will) have a longer cast time (1.46s) and does less damage than Smite (our shared encounter)? The animation for it is a little ridiculous. It looks like I'm fishing for folks up in Lonelywood rather than sending foes screaming into the Abyss. If its meant to simply be used at range vice close in, would you consider giving it bane's old animation of the double slash? That last was a minor issue but the casting time for Divine Fulmination really needs to be looked at, especially if the damage isn't significantly greater than our other at-wills for Oathkeeper. My two coppers. More feedback to follow and thanks for the responses to other poster's questions. It makes this transition a bit easier.

I'm confused at your initial question. Smite does significantly more damage than Divine Fulmination because it is an encounter power and costs significant divinity. Divine Fulmination is something you can use to deal damage at a range, even when are out of divinity, or more likely, conserving it to use healing spells in group play. That's the role of divine fulmination.

It is a very strong at-will, in terms of damage dealt—because of how slow it is. I urge you to give it a try in group play, it is mostly meant to ensure that Oathkeeper is not at a disadvantage in fights where its best for the healer to stay at a range. That being said, it certainly may be best to use valorous strike in solo play, since you can more easily move between strikes.
    Apologies for the confusion on the question. I'm aware of the difference in damage level. I'm just concerned about the cast time of an at-will being longer than an encounter power (even with the encounter's drain on divinity). I was hoping it could be adjusted for a slightly faster cast time. I used it when I first unlocked it in Undermountain and quickly determined that would only be useful in group play like you mentioned. Switched and stayed with Valorous to finish out the Mod. Now that solo play is done, group play is next on my list. More feedback on that to follow. Thanks for the replay.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2019

No more Aura of Courage, no more Aura of Wisdom, no more Powershare, no more Temporary HP, no more Circle of Power for tankadin, no more Divine Protector affecting all party members, no more Burning Light multi-hit after being fully charged... What they've done to you my loved one?

I feel you, my friend. Mod 16 is our own Time of Troubles. No more golden glow, no more raising the dead to do my bidding in Tiamat, no more near-immortality. The systems gods (Devs) have cast us out of the heavens and we've been made mortal. Ewww! I friggin hate mortality!
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    What’s with the feats for Paladin? It’s not April fools yet. I hope you guys are not serious because they seem like a bad joke
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

@asterdahl @terramak @nitocris83 I have been a customer with cryptic for 8 years so Yes i am trying to provide constructive feedback on this best as possible and best way i can explain it, i do understand that this is still in progress and or in debate, i got things i like and do not like so far, lets start with the likes, i like the way you did the boon system thumbs up, i like the way you are attempting to redo the companion system with the bonuses, i like seeing level 80 come out and i think the return of a new dungeon is great, liked the looks of newer gear as far as styles is concerned,, i like seeing rank 15 items.

Ok things that are not liked or not liked with a purple passion, first thing i would like to discuss Powers, feats, class feats and feat trees and paragon paths, this change is so drastic and upsetting i would rather see all our current mod 15 powers, feats, class feats and trees and paths put back on test server so we can test mod 16 without the changes you have made to those areas because its like you have poked one huge hornets nest by tampering with those features in the manner you did and upset a lot of customers and now a lot of unhappy people, GWFs and Paladins are truly not happy, some are but a lot are not, i understand what you are trying to do there with the powers but......... just no please no,this is something we need alot more time to implement or consider, its like every encounter power for every class just messed up completely and makes no absolute sense after several hours or days of trying to make heads or tails as of why it was done like this or made it to test server like this in this condition with Pretesting going on and such, and since it did make it to the test server like this, i have seen people leaving the game for good, had someone come up and say its been a nice 5 years adios amigo =( mostly a lot of great weapon fighters and paladins leaving now =( and mostly due to how you pre-selected the encounter powers we use and how you designed each power and also class features such as auras have been messed up bad and dont even work the way WE want them to anymore which i dont understand why they would be redone like this when working as is perfectly mod 15, you might have to adjust our current model some to work with mod 16 but nothing like this major overhaul should ever be required its like taking a step backwards not forwards, and my example to that is how you design paladins completely wrong, took alot of the fun and diversity we had and ruined it complete ruin the fun on a paladin, as well same with GWFs except worse..............please let us not over extend ourselves by you guys putting to much on our plates at once and expecting us to like this change and expecting us to eat it all in 60 to 90 days or less just wont work out....

.......so i would rather see the changes to powers, class feats, feats and feat trees and paragon paths undone until we can have that further tested and stomach that type of change, sometimes less is better or less is more, meaning dont put to much on your plate and let your eyes overload your stomach and everyone elses............

Dont get me wrong im not trying to bash your game model to smithereens but when you Bash peoples GWFs and Paladins in this manner expect backlash major backlash, i can understand that years where spent into making their class the way they wanted not the way you wanted and not played the way you wanted, and if this is to help the new players, please do not cater to them they have to learn just like we had to learn and we shouldn't be forced to relearn everything all over again this late in the game.............just to suit the need to upgrade to rank 15 or bring a a balance to the current model of the game without doing it in this manner, again trying to remain level headed with this situation is more frustrating then it has been fun i can assure you of that...

(Now some additional feedback in my own thoughts and ways, how dare you mess up paladins and gwfs this bad on test server how dare you let it even reach test server like this when i am (hearing) that Pre-testers or alpha testers even said it was not good, and if they did say it was good i want to know how because im not seeing that good part at all with the things i discussed and tested above and i seen TRs hollering about the same thing i am, the complete lack of imagination on our encounter powers and class features was just like 1 huge slap in the face, its like who ever designed the encounter powers, at wills, class features auras, for example paladin, Like they Never even played a real justice paladin or learned howto build one and assumed the way you did it this time we would like it, well assumed very poorly on that, assumed we would like being forced to use only powers and class feats that have been chosen and reworked by you well we dont, thats why i am saying on this go back to the drawing board please and rethink this whole thing on powers, feats, class feats, feat trees, paragon paths before even moving toward implementing that on live server because at this point it is viewed as a April fools day joke or one big sick joke, im going off of what iv seen thousands of others already say do and test, and its not looking good for the powers, feats, class feats, feat trees, paragon paths changes. please reconsider letting us Test mod 16 with our current mod 15 model before proceeding any further because this is one huge mess and i really dont want to see that make it to live server in the next million years looking like that or done like that..........please) this last paragraph is my personal opinion toward whole situation, and it feels that way because i might as well take my paladin and every other class i got and drop them in the toilet and hit flush after all the hard years of work spent on them..............

i COMPLEATLY agree with you, and worst of all. all they needed to do, to fix need for healing and such was
    1 Remove lifesteal.
    2 Remove recovery.
    3 Add different way of gaining recharge speed.
    4 Remove TEMP HP from pally.
    5 Nerf AA from DC.
    6 Nerf KV from GF
    7 Nerf/remove Bond of virtue, and nerf shield of faith.
    8 Make buffs ADDICTIVE instead of MULTIPICATIVE, and change numbers bit by bit ( not much )
    9 Make powershare not transferable by bondings/companions. ( if i share 15k power, thats it, you get 15k not 15k + 2,3x15k )
    10 Make only 1 shepherds devo work at a time.
    Thats it, all those changes would accomplish everything devs tried to do this mod, without trashing entire feat system.
    Next they could go and toss numbers around with selfheals, enemy dmg and healing and boom done.|
    we would see 1tank 1support/healer +3x dps or 1tank 2support 2dps meta.

but nooo they had to grab the freaking hammer.
  • Options
    greenranger666greenranger666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    GWF , Paladins, and TR are not the only ones they messed up. Just because they have their own idea of what powers "we" would use does not mean it's the ones each individual likes to use. Splitting the best feats into 2 mediocre paths making both paths not viable is just wrong. As an HR I used a variety of powers that are now useless : Aspect of the Pack, Longstrider, Barkskin etc.

Hello I'm an HR and i just want to say a few things about Mod16.

First off the they destroyed my companions, which no longer do what they use to do(archons) and i had spent real money upgrading them which now seems wasted. Now I'm being forced to buy every companion under the virtual sun, just to have the ne "Power Bonuses" in the new companion system. Not to mention the new best in slot companions are skyrocketing on auction inside live server, making me and others not be able to afford them. Forcing us to be below average when the Mod hits live.

Secondly I feel they took the best feats for my class and split them up between 2 paths making each path mediocre versus having both paths be viable and good.
    I understand about them not wanting us to use our encounter powers as "at-will" but even the at-wills don't do enough damage to compensate for having to wait 17-20 seconds to actually do some damage or consistently buff the party.
    The following powers are useless now:

Longstrider = no longer buffs, it only does a small bit of damage and nothing else.

Aspect of the Pack = no longer puts me and my allies in combat advantage(in pen and paper D&D the ranger had this option).
    Now all it does is give combat advantage bonus. Not realizing that to achieve combat advantage ingame is extremely difficult due to the fact that as dps we need to move around so much to avoid dying from area of effects, not to mention every other player moves erratically as well making it nearly impossible to attain combat advantage. Only during a boss fight that does not require the tank to move would this be a possibility for us to have. Plus combat advantage state is so delicate that the slightest movement too far to the left or right from opposing sides makes it stop working. Plz bring back the real Aspect of the Pack. This hurts!

Barkskin = no longer gives a defense or damage reduction like it use to, and now only heals. But the worst part is that it was set to Warden path in stead of being a shared power among both paths.(we need help to quest now that there is no life steal).

Boar's Hide(this is a useless power and no one used or ever will use this) is a waste of space in a power tray.

Favorite HR powers are what WE use not what YOU think we need! And this was just to name a few powers.

Thirdly making all the companion gear only be enchantable by runestones forces me to buy runestones that have skyrocketed in price on Auction and will continue to rise. Making honest folk not be able to afford the basic stuff we need like new companions due to the previous ones we used now useless. Maybe make a trader that would let us exchange our enchants for same rank runesstones? As we spent real money and time upgrading our enchantments, for years, you can understand why losing all this would make us sad and depressed.
    Further more, changing the mount insignia powers makes us who spent real money on several mounts from both the ZEN store and Auction , be forced to pay more money or astral diamonds on new mounts and new insignias which are FAR from cheap. This is just plain rude.

Last but not least, taking away the Human "Extra Feat" racial , changing what each attribute gives for each class(Dex use to give damage bonus for HR and now its Strength) without offering a free race rerol is just rude. You are telling me i have to pay for a race reroll because the only reason i was a human was for the extra feat, and now its gone...is a fair thing to do? By the way, Human has had "Extra Feat" as a racial in all versions of D&D since the dawn of freaking time!
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Found a flaw with the Oathkeeper's "Sanctuary" daily which may not be a bug per se, but it is certainly a severe oversight.
    While channelling Sanctuary you are still vulnerable to control effects, but unable to move out of the way or react without cancelling the daily. This means the daily can fail instantly due to partial paralysis, or you can be pushed away from your team due to mobs' roar effects. If the daily is cancelled early you still lose all your AP.

I think there are a couple of reasonable solutions to this; add control immunity while channeling it, or make it drain AP over its duration, so you can voluntarily end it early, or if you do get interrupted you didn't lose all your AP for nothing.

On a related note, block doesn't protect you from partial paralysis anymore, which is extremely problematic in TONG.

General impressions so far, I second the many comments about divinity generation feeling very slow, at-wills being virually pointless, and that many of our class features are basically worthless. Composure is a must just because divnity management is so critical, apart from that none of them really grab my attention since we don't use dailies so often anymore.

I love the new "Divine Shelter" power, this is basically how I wanted absolution to work for devotion, and while I wasn't a fan of the revamped Bane at first, it has grown on me as I progressed through the Undermountain campaign.

So far I have used Oathkeeper almost exclusively since I found Justicar to be borderline unplayable, it suffers from low damage and glacially slow divinity gain, yet even using absolution I get oneshot through block by random trash mobs.
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I think id like to echo some of the points above. Im a 19k+ OP on live, and ive now pretty much finished running through undermountain in preview as an OP tank, and well its just so dull to play this class, yes its marginly more difficult to solo, yes the interaction might be a little more realistic but you've sucked the fun out of playing the game completly. Who thought we'd honestly enjoy hanging around for ages throwing useless at wills and blocking waiting for enough divinity to use smite, before slowly trudging off to the next mob to suffer the tedium all over. You cant expect people to play your game when its that unenjoyable.