test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Some what copied from general feed back thread

=== The Good ===

"Idle companion" stats selection - much nicer than rotating companions, just not intuitive. (What is this, why are some blue, brown and yellow? Oh i can change these? -read tiny mouseover- Oooooh)

===The Ugly===

- Companion Gear
    --- As a more casual solo player my companions are now NAKED. I might have randomly played the right queue once or twice to outfit one character
    ^--- I know why you are doing that (3x seal rings balance), but need to make you aware of the other side of the coin.

- Companion Runestone slots Now "Bonding Runestones" Only - Some of us poor people use the old runestones here (see the forgotten). Again, Naked companions

=== The Forgotten (?) ===

- Companion gear mods/rune stones: I'm not sure when was the last time I found one in game was. If we need them for companion gear .. don't forget they don't exist ? There's also little option to go grab some comapion gear.

- Companion Runestone: I hope the mouse over is right and these drop in game now, If not circle back to "the ugly".

Re the forgotten: No the Astral diamond exchange is NOT an acceptable substitute or fix proper development and access to items/gear.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Two problems with the changes to companion equipment:

1. We can't effectively use our companions as defenders because we can't add more than a pittance of Defense to them. None of the companion equipment has Defense anymore.

2. We can't effectively use our companions as damage-dealers (as my tanks do) because none of the companion equipment has Power anymore.

I know that runestones exist, but the stat nerfs for them has made them largely worthless.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    It is really appreciated that the companions that give fixed stats such as xx power for active bonus get buffed because they were pretty much useless until now, but i think that the nerf to archons is too much. It should still have a damage bonus considering we get less offense slots and a lot of people spent a lot of ad on them and even have them legendary
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    One questione: Is It possibile ti exchange bonding with others runestones? Or not possibile? Tyvm
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    > @hustin1 said:
    > Two problems with the changes to companion equipment:
    >
    > 1. We can't effectively use our companions as defenders because we can't add more than a pittance of Defense to them. None of the companion equipment has Defense anymore.
    >
    > 2. We can't effectively use our companions as damage-dealers (as my tanks do) because none of the companion equipment has Power anymore.
    >
    > I know that runestones exist, but the stat nerfs for them has made them largely worthless.

Defender companions are a borderline false choice that players either never use or quickly outgrow. While choice is nice in theory, having them lose a mostly useless stat isn’t the worst change that could be made.

No companion is a damage dealer except when bugs are in play. They’re stat batteries and debuff bots, and I don’t think this is changing.

The companion equipment issue is a little concerning though, if only because it’s a little jarring to log in and see your companion decide that it’s naked time and refuse to use your top end equipment.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

You haven't seen the Powries that my tanks use. They regularly crit for 160k and that's before the R14 Indomitable adds another 70% for good measure. They're very helpful for my tanks when soloing.
  • mikocolon#1925 mikocolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > I have one character, which holds spare copies of comanions for me - unbound ones, possibly for resale, but also for using on characters I might be creating in the future.
    >
    > Now every single one of those companions gets character bound to the character holding them. I am assuming this is a bug....this makes no sense otherwise

---------------------------------------------------

I do the same, as adinosii! I hoard items for personal use, for when I add new characters or change playstyle, which I like to do a lot. Could someone shed some light on the bound state of companions that prior to mod 16 were unbound and in storage? Is it a bug or is it as intended in mod 16?

Another suggestion i like and was mentioned by someone else already, to make companions account bound. I second that request as well.

For my last suggestion, I like the way the new system is. One thing you could improve further is to allow us to pick any companion skin we want to play with, just like mounts currently are, which allow us to display a mount skin separate from what the powers/stat we actually need and choose. It will bring individuality to the game, so everyone is not using the same pet.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I just want a better explanation of how companion influence and indeed all mechanics work with regards to augment companions. Does bolstering augments DO anything? It's it supposed to? The entire process feels very opaque to me.
    > @hustin1 said:
    > You haven't seen the Powries that my tanks use. They regularly crit for 160k and that's before the R14 Indomitable adds another 70% for good measure. They're very helpful for my tanks when soloing.

It’s good that you find them useful, but 160kish damage on a companion attack isn’t doing much, especially when it comes at the cost of boosting your personal damage. Relying on a companion to actually kill anything sounds like a painfully slow way to get the job done.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @hustin1 said:

> You haven't seen the Powries that my tanks use. They regularly crit for 160k and that's before the R14 Indomitable adds another 70% for good measure. They're very helpful for my tanks when soloing.

It’s good that you find them useful, but 160kish damage on a companion attack isn’t doing much, especially when it comes at the cost of boosting your personal damage. Relying on a companion to actually kill anything sounds like a painfully slow way to get the job done.

well then u havent seen the dmg numbers on the Preview. Pets are dealing way more dmg in comparison to your character then on the live server. We did a run of the new dungeons a few hours before and some Pets did more then some Players. I feel like the Pet dmg is way to high or the character dmg is just way to low on Preview atm
    All pets should just be augment pets!

Well, I guess you do want a pet to get CA, especially since CA bonus is way more prominent now. Which is frustrating because Nightmare Wizardry is way less prominent...
    tom#6998 said:

vorphied said:

> @hustin1 said:

well then u havent seen the dmg numbers on the Preview. Pets are dealing way more dmg in comparison to your character then on the live server. We did a run of the new dungeons a few hours before and some Pets did more then some Players. I feel like the Pet dmg is way to high or the character dmg is just way to low on Preview atm
    I'm not taking current preview numbers into account since they're clearly bugged.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    All unbound companions in my bank are now bound to character after copying to preview.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    When changing companion offense power selection, the Earth Archon is in the list but has no information listed at all - its completely blank.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Two issues with companions. First, the Bolster is totally wrong

Second, many companions I have are missing from the collection page - see for example Fire archon below:

Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

> @adinosii said:

> I have one character, which holds spare copies of comanions for me - unbound ones, possibly for resale, but also for using on characters I might be creating in the future.

>

> Now every single one of those companions gets character bound to the character holding them. I am assuming this is a bug....this makes no sense otherwise

---------------------------------------------------

I do the same, as adinosii! I hoard items for personal use, for when I add new characters or change playstyle, which I like to do a lot. Could someone shed some light on the bound state of companions that prior to mod 16 were unbound and in storage? Is it a bug or is it as intended in mod 16?

Another suggestion i like and was mentioned by someone else already, to make companions account bound. I second that request as well.

For my last suggestion, I like the way the new system is. One thing you could improve further is to allow us to pick any companion skin we want to play with, just like mounts currently are, which allow us to display a mount skin separate from what the powers/stat we actually need and choose. It will bring individuality to the game, so everyone is not using the same pet.

actually, I could be wrong but my understanding is this is how it is right now. you can use any skin. and choose the six bonus's from any comp in inventory. you do probably want to have your summoned pet at leg though for stats.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

actually, I could be wrong but my understanding is this is how it is right now. you can use any skin. and choose the six bonus's from any comp in inventory. you do probably want to have your summoned pet at leg though for stats.

No, your summoned companion still has it's own powers and things. You then just have six slots to fill from any companion, Summoned or not.
    lowjohn said:

No, your summoned companion still has it's own powers and things. You then just have six slots to fill from any companion, Summoned or not.
    right, that's what I thought was meant by skin, powers and things still there but the powers that generally matter are in the 6 slots. they are what basically used to be the summoned and active powers. I don't know if there are still signature debuff moves that some have.. given the way everything else has gone I doubt they're still there.
    Still waitin' for a detailed takedown of what augment companions do and don't do. Mostly because the self-evident answer doesn't seem to be the correct one, looking at how my stat points change based on what I have summoned.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    developer said "Equipment slots are now universal meaning any piece of gear can go into any slot" however when i tried to add my gear into my pet the top one showed only the neck gear and the bottom 2 only the talismans i had and not the neck.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I would have to agree with some of the other people's posts regarding companion behaviour. It's baffling. I'm just about done killing a mob when they show up. They seem slow like they're drunk or doing drugs, half the time they just watch me fight and don't help out at all.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
    Still needing a definitive answer on whether the companions in my bank are going to become bound. This is a BIG DEAL.
  • gazelle#2467 gazelle Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Razorwood in Collections says +3 Null.
    Unbound companions in inventory/bank become BtCharacter on Mod16 load. This is BAD. Is it intended, or will it be fixed?

lowjohn said:

right, that's what I thought was meant by skin, powers and things still there but the powers that generally matter are in the 6 slots. they are what basically used to be the summoned and active powers. I don't know if there are still signature debuff moves that some have.. given the way everything else has gone I doubt they're still there.
    I'm saying, my Chultan Tiger still has it's powers and those include the damage resist debuff. I can also basically take the Active Bonuses of many companions. But if I was to swap out my Tiger for a Goat, I would still be able to pick the same six boosts, but I'd now have the Goat stats and Augment boosts, and not the Tiger attacks/damages/debuffs.
    lowjohn said:

lowjohn said:

I'm saying, my Chultan Tiger still has it's powers and those include the damage resist debuff. I can also basically take the Active Bonuses of many companions. But if I was to swap out my Tiger for a Goat, I would still be able to pick the same six boosts, but I'd now have the Goat stats and Augment boosts, and not the Tiger attacks/damages/debuffs.
    I can't make heads or tails out of whether augments really do anything anymore anyway.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2019

lowjohn said:

lowjohn said:

I can't make heads or tails out of whether augments really do anything anymore anyway.
    They still increase your stats even higher than other companions just like it used to in exchange for doing nothing while in combat.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Also, if you belong to a class that cannot get CA automatically, you really want a non-augment for that purpose.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Also, if you belong to a class that cannot get CA automatically, you really want a non-augment for that purpose.

if you're going for a ca build