test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you're VIP, get ready for the ninja nerf! -_-

methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
So apparently the Developers decided to get rid of ID scrolls with Mod16. All equipment is now identified on pick up.

Now, if you're a regular user, that's great for you, but for people, like me, who actually PAID for VIP, it's a complete slap to the face.

Part of the VIP advertising is the 5 (up to x5, for a total of 25) ID scrolls that were part of your "reward" for purchasing VIP are now gone. Absolutely useless.

I get that Cryptic lost control of the power creep. We old-timers saw it back in Mod6, but to actually STRIP something people are paying for, 'cos the Devs felt like it "didn't fit" is ludicrous.

I paid for VIP to be able to pray anywhere, get a key a day, bamf wherever, whenever I wanted to and to get the 25 scrolls a day PER toon. I bought it, as ADVERTISED.

It is absolutely APPALLING that the Developers are doing the same BS they did with Mod6, touting how "epic" Mod16 is going to be, but left out "Hey, VIP-ers, we're HAMSTER you over by removing ID scrolls, without telling anyone. Enjoy!"

Comments

• anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    They killed the game for all vet users, just accept that. They will now try make new people to pay for a while, and then kill again.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Wow. Technically, they just gave you (and everyone else) infinite scrolls. Having to identify stuff was a giant pain in the HAMSTER, and now it's gone. Good, basically.

I'm VIp, and I didn't use the scrolls from VIP a lot so, It's about time they advanced to the 1970s and mass identify scrolls.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Wow. Technically, they just gave you (and everyone else) infinite scrolls. Having to identify stuff was a giant pain in the HAMSTER, and now it's gone. Good, basically.

Wrong. Part of the "incentive" of PAYING for VIP was getting the bonus ID scrolls. I used them quite a bit. The unbound ones were put in the Guild Bank for other players that didn't have VIP. Taking that out, not even MENTIONING it, is uncalled for.

To put it in bluntly, I paid extra for a radio in my car, only to have the manufacturer decide that EVERYONE gets a radio and I paid extra, for nothing.
  • mistwalk3rmistwalk3r Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The ID scrolls were certainly a "value add" to the VIP benefits, but given the number of systems being overhauled, the fact that you're not losing the ability to ID items (everyone is simply gaining it per se), and the ultimately dubious worth of the scrolls for many players, I'd hardly call this a nerf.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see an alternative benefit take its place, or the VIP benefits get some attention (particularly in the 9-12 month range) in general.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Happy to get rid of those scrolls, ID scrolls are just time consuming.
    I maybe deleted 1.000.000 of those in the last years and identifying every green drop with 2-3 clics is pretty painfull, good decision, feels like they read my mind :)
    Daily key and some of those events where you can buy a coalward and others for 50% off are also nice, same as I don´t want to start with time consuming injury kids and the need of praying at homenode etc. VIP is a big quality plus playing the game and you get some good stuff from Zenstore. Maybe the compensate the loss of scrolls, maybe not, I am fine.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Wrong. Part of the "incentive" of PAYING for VIP was getting the bonus ID scrolls. I used them quite a bit. The unbound ones were put in the Guild Bank for other players that didn't have VIP. Taking that out, not even MENTIONING it, is uncalled for.

To put it in bluntly, I paid extra for a radio in my car, only to have the manufacturer decide that EVERYONE gets a radio and I paid extra, for nothing.

Part of the incentive of paying for VIP was the wards that could be purchased with trade bars. So, you're a few years behind the rage.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I missed this? really, there is a seluna after all! this is a good thing
    greywynd said:

Part of the incentive of paying for VIP was the wards that could be purchased with trade bars. So, you're a few years behind the rage.
    now that was rage worthy
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    From my perspective (non VIP) this news is meh... I didn't buy into scrolls and they dropped all too frequently to see it as a benefit. When some new player asked where to purchase ID scrolls, I would send them 50 or 100 of them without issue. If the only source to get ID scrolls was VIP or zen, then your complaint would carry more weight. Meantime ID scrolls are used for the next 6 to 8 weeks while the mod 16 remains in preview for testing.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Free AIDS is a bonus vip can add it dont mean i want it
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I am running my daughters account to get her up to date and ready for M16 (she is in college and doing research and working so pretty busy right now). Playing her account without VIP and playing my account with VIP.... scrolls are a pretty big RP boon. On my account I pick up EVERYTHING and just ID all and convert to RP. For her I had to turn pickup green off and even then I would have to go buy scrolls if I wanted to ID blue for RP.

So, yes, it can be a significant RP boon for VIP. I am for getting rid of scroll but they really need to do a bit of housecleaning for VIP to continue to make it worth while. Even the free keys are rather nerfed as 90% of what you get from lockboxes is meh.

I am running my daughters account to get her up to date and ready for M16 (she is in college and doing research and working so pretty busy right now). Playing her account without VIP and playing my account with VIP.... scrolls are a pretty big RP boon. On my account I pick up EVERYTHING and just ID all and convert to RP. For her I had to turn pickup green off and even then I would have to go buy scrolls if I wanted to ID blue for RP.

So, yes, it can be a significant RP boon for VIP. I am for getting rid of scroll but they really need to do a bit of housecleaning for VIP to continue to make it worth while. Even the free keys are rather nerfed as 90% of what you get from lockboxes is meh.

everything dropping won't need identification anymore. if they did keep dropping their only value would be in selling and I'd much rather they replaced it with potions if that's the case :)
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

*cough*.

Why would you think that they are doing this without telling anyone? Is Mod 16 live already? I feel like you are just looking for things to complain about.

*shrug* It's pretty much 70% of the posts right now.

I feel like I spend hours going through the forums to find the good but slightly confused people to help them out with explanations on things.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2019

So apparently the Developers decided to get rid of ID scrolls with Mod16. All equipment is now identified on pick up.

Now, if you're a regular user, that's great for you, but for people, like me, who actually PAID for VIP, it's a complete slap to the face.

Part of the VIP advertising is the 5 (up to x5, for a total of 25) ID scrolls that were part of your "reward" for purchasing VIP are now gone. Absolutely useless.

I get that Cryptic lost control of the power creep. We old-timers saw it back in Mod6, but to actually STRIP something people are paying for, 'cos the Devs felt like it "didn't fit" is ludicrous.

I paid for VIP to be able to pray anywhere, get a key a day, bamf wherever, whenever I wanted to and to get the 25 scrolls a day PER toon. I bought it, as ADVERTISED.

It is absolutely APPALLING that the Developers are doing the same BS they did with Mod6, touting how "epic" Mod16 is going to be, but left out "Hey, VIP-ers, we're HAMSTER you over by removing ID scrolls, without telling anyone. Enjoy!"

Where did you get that information?
    I am not in preview. Hence, I need somebody to confirm.
    Assuming you are in preview, according to you, when you pick up the item, it is identified.
    Is it because you have identification scrolls and the game do that for you automatically?
    Or, is it because you are in VIP, you have auto identification as a feature and non VIP does not have that?
    Or, you don't need identification scrolls at all?

Losing that from VIP does not bother me. Losing value of my 20+ stacks of 999 unbound identification scrolls may. But, life goes on.

Edit: found it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1246312/official-m16-general-feedback/p1
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    They've been a small source of income for me: bound for gold, unbound for AD, but I won't be sorry to see them go.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

Love it. This frees two more inventory slot on each toon (had one for the bound VIP scrolls and one for unbound scrolls). Every few weeks I dump 500 scrolls when the VIP scrolls overflow the one slot.

Hah, so very true. Agree with you 100% on this one. While it is a loss to the VIP its a damn well gain to inventory space. I'm good with that.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    But .... but ... the scrolls are gold source. A small one but ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    i mostly just threw out the BtA scrolls.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yours were BtA? How'd that happen? Mine are all BtC.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    I did sometimes get some small amount of AD selling unrequired non bound scrolls on the AH. I used to refer to each scroll drop mentally as 7 AD :)

But since I generally now just give them away to any newbies asking about them in PE, I dont think I'm really getting any loss/gain out of it. 7k AD is barely half a Demo run.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

OP go to the test server. Test anything. Within minutes you will find an actual game destroying grievance to complain about.