test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 16] - Please bring back Salvage for at least a limited time

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

If they want new players to run new content, then perhaps they should give all new players a campaign completion token for all previous content. You can't create a new level 70 character from scratch, and hit the new content solo, and still have it be fun. I've been on for just about or just over a year, and it's taken me this long just to get my OP specced(retrained at least 3x now) to be playable in Icewind Dale, let alone the hoards of Chult, or Barovia solo, even with a comp, and speedy mount(I'm still not the fastest out there, but at least I can avoid battle if I choose to sometimes).

Not only that, but with the worthless binds on pickup drops from hunts(I'm beating a dead horse now, I know) in Chult and Barovia, or random dungeon runs, I can't bounce off the rAD limit as easily as I could have before. If they don't bring back salvage then they should maybe at least make the repeat bonus not an account wide thing. Example: If Bob the OP runs all 3 qs, then Fred the CW should be able to do all 3 at full rate, not the way less than half rate the repeat bonus is.

Why do they want new player to run new content right the way? After they have done the latest and greatest, what else can keep them to stay around? For new player, everything is new in the beginning including the old campaigns.

For you, they already kept you to play for over a year just for the old content.

On the other hand, I don't know why your OP has problem. OP should be able to get through IWD and WOD easily without doing anything special.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ghordloghordlo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
  • sintheticumsintheticum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My first character was an OP and I was tanking RAQ within a month. You must be bad.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

If they want new players to run new content, then perhaps they should give all new players a campaign completion token for all previous content. You can't create a new level 70 character from scratch, and hit the new content solo, and still have it be fun. I've been on for just about or just over a year, and it's taken me this long just to get my OP specced(retrained at least 3x now) to be playable in Icewind Dale, let alone the hoards of Chult, or Barovia solo, even with a comp, and speedy mount(I'm still not the fastest out there, but at least I can avoid battle if I choose to sometimes).

Not only that, but with the worthless binds on pickup drops from hunts(I'm beating a dead horse now, I know) in Chult and Barovia, or random dungeon runs, I can't bounce off the rAD limit as easily as I could have before. If they don't bring back salvage then they should maybe at least make the repeat bonus not an account wide thing. Example: If Bob the OP runs all 3 qs, then Fred the CW should be able to do all 3 at full rate, not the way less than half rate the repeat bonus is.

If you want to bounce off the RAD limit, just play Demogorgan. You can get to 9k IL just from the Barovia gear + minimal messing around with comps and mounts. And when I say minimal, I really mean minimal. Just buy cheap purples to pad out the IL. That's more than adequate for any content short of Chult.

Once you get there you are just coasting and getting to 100k/day will be easy. The Salvage removal did NOTHING to stunt this. You now get RAD from doing all these things. Instead of getting something, which you then had to take to an anvil, which you then turned into RAD. About the only disadvantage with the new system is that previously you would transfer the stuff to an alt to salvage it with the 50% RAD bonus.