test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards of the Coast, Neverwinter Modules and Speculation on Future Releases

2»

Comments

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings about Neverember. On one hand, he isn't exactly the "rightful" ruler and is a little less than awesome, but on the other hand he is probably the only reason all of Neverwinter isn't of a smoldering, monster infested ruin. On the flip side, my outlook is that if a true heir ever did come forth, they wouldn't be worthy of the throne unless they truly respected and rewarded Neverember's efforts.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Remember, the last Liar's Night festival had new lore and dialogue from the loremaster in Moonstone Mask. He specifically pointed out Neverember's financial issues and mentioned that there was speculation that he might have called in favors from Waterdeep to fund it last year. And then, to drive home the point, he speculated on what favors Neverember might have to do in return?

We're going to Waterdeep, or at least in its vicinity. I'm 100% positive. I also think we will be going to level 80 very soon, and I've consequently stopped grinding for Primal gear for my alts. Like Draconic Templar, I suspect that it will become obsolete soon.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    pterias said:

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about Neverember. On one hand, he isn't exactly the "rightful" ruler and is a little less than awesome, but on the other hand he is probably the only reason all of Neverwinter isn't of a smoldering, monster infested ruin. On the flip side, my outlook is that if a true heir ever did come forth, they wouldn't be worthy of the throne unless they truly respected and rewarded Neverember's efforts.

* SPOILERS *

I forget where in the quest line, but I remember a conversation with Sybella to the effect of, Neverember is not the best ruler for Neverwinter, but every possible future, for now, without him in control leads to the destruction of the city.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

pterias said:

* SPOILERS *

I forget where in the quest line, but I remember a conversation with Sybella to the effect of, Neverember is not the best ruler for Neverwinter, but every possible future, for now, without him in control leads to the destruction of the city.
    Yeah, I remember that. It was right after meeting Neverember in the River District mansion near the beginning of Mod 11.

I figure he'll be in charge for a good while yet, possibly for the indefinite future. It could be a fun storyline though if a true heir did eventually come around and it's a messy mess, like a civil war erupts (CHOOSE YOUR SIDE, ADVENTURER!!) but a greater threat ultimately forces both sides to come to terms. :smile:
  • ileskaileska Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    pterias said:

Monks seem to have the lightest footprint throughout the game's history though, so I would expect a Monk after the other two have been done.

I think this statement is subjective and is the result of the class being much-maligned by Euro-centric gamers, who believe that the East Asian and European worlds need to be separate and mutually exclusive. The key is giving monks a reason to be there. Maybe in the Forgotten Realms today, there are monasteries being built all over Faerûn so that Eastern philosophies and discipline can be shared with the world. Gunpowder exists in D&D. Silk exists in D&D. Paper exists in D&D. Monks came from the same place.

Monks have been a D&D class since 1975. Supplements have always filled the gap when monks weren't in the core materials. They have been a core class for a few editions now and I think it's wonderful. I'd be hemorrhaging money if monks were done properly in Neverwinter. I certainly gave my four monks enough attention and real world income in DDO.

In any case, I truly hope all three classes are introduced at the same time. Honestly, I play more NWN and NWN2 than NWO because I really love monks that much. I wouldn't want those waiting on bards and druids to have to wait any longer than me, either.