test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

Comments

• codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    what's going to happen to bloodtheft and lifedrinker enchantments?
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2019

check lifedrinker on preview, and for bloodtheft, is situational bis : 10% chance to life steal 50% of damage dealt, 3 sec cooldown (r14)
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

check lifedrinker on preview, and for bloodtheft, is situational bis : 10% chance to life steal 50% of damage dealt, 3 sec cooldown (r14)
    I have. more specifically, are they staying? are they changing? what is the intention? because there is still a reference to lifesteal for example.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

We should be able to right-click on a power on the power tray, to bring up a menu to select a new power for that slot – rather than having to open the powers tab and drag-drop a power into the slot.

I’ve wanted that forever, in order to make changing powers for different situations actually be fast and practical. Now that there are many fewer powers to choose from, maybe it would be practical to implement.

you can now right-click on the power in the powers window and select which key to use it on...so you don't have to drag/drop either
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

Currently weapon and armor exchanges are not hooked up (they will be before launch), but the standard enchants exchanges are ready for preview.

it's confusing does that mean we'll be able to swap weapon/armor enchants ?

I don't know why runestones stats have been nerfed.

Classic runestones stats should be seriously looked at :
    • currently all rank increase (such as 14 to 15) only gives very little stats per level (+60 from 14 to 15 really ?), resulting in a R15 having only 660.
    • the 3 classic runestone only give ONE stat and they're very low
    • bonding not giving any power
    • power share is gone

Quick comparison :
    Before : a 3 stats enchant (at rank 14 : 650 power + 2*325, rank 15 = 720+2*360) + a bonding power bonus (divided by 2 if we take into account we have 6 slots = 1050/2 = 525)
    That makes a 1300(/1440 r15)+525 = 1825(/1965 r15) to 660 only which makes a difference of around 1250 in stats for a single slot. For 6, that makes more than 7500 stats lost.

Honestly the runestones stats of live would have been fine.
    I need to second this. WHY are they being nerfed to oblivion? The benefit of these new runestones in no way accounts for the COST to make them!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    BUG: Indomitable runestones are broken. All ranks only give 10% bonus damage. As someone who uses rank 14's on several companions, this is extremely concerning.
    edited March 2019
    Why are you taking Tranquil enchants away? They're in no way overpowered. If anything, they're anemic to the point of uselessness.

This isn't a rhetorical question. I'd actually like an answer.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Will we be able to re-roll base level 1 character stats? (i.e., STR, DEX, etc…)

It seems that the bonuses those give have changed significantly – for example, STR gives “physical damage boost” where, previously, HRs got their damage boost from DEX. CON gives “AP” (which I assume is AP Gain), but CON is not a stat that a DC ever would have emphasized. In fact, the whole notion of primary and secondary stats seems to be gone, as there are no highlights and no differences between classes. So…. we need to be able to re-roll the base, beginning-of-game stats that we’d selected for out ‘toons.

No. Every Class now has pre-set values for their Ability Scores you cannot manually alter.

You can however still apply:

- Race Bonus such as the Dragonborn +2 to any two Scores.
    - Points on Level milestones as before. Lv10/20/30.. etc.

and other things such as Gear may also provide boosts to certain Scores.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

tgwolf said:

It seems that the bonuses those give have changed significantly – for example, STR gives “physical damage boost” where, previously, HRs got their damage boost from DEX. CON gives “AP” (which I assume is AP Gain), but CON is not a stat that a DC ever would have emphasized. In fact, the whole notion of primary and secondary stats seems to be gone, as there are no highlights and no differences between classes. So…. we need to be able to re-roll the base, beginning-of-game stats that we’d selected for out ‘toons.

No. Every Class now has pre-set values for their Ability Scores you cannot manually alter.

It doesn't seem possible to create a new character on preview, so... how do you know this?

Ability Scores affect different stats than they previously did, and are no longer different per class.

On top of that, a given class has a set layout of initial ability score distribution, however they can still customize the point spends while leveling and through different ability score boosts through gear.

Will Race Reroll tokens be able to reset and customize a class's starting attributes? Or will starting attributes be baked in for each class without customization.
    Along that token, will Races still be able to customize their attributes?
    Classes have a preset distribution of ability score points at character creation. Race ability score choices still exist.
    Here's a quote from Dev. team member noworries.

There's a another link too I saw I'll edit post when I see it again.

You should be able to make a new character on Preview tho, I haven't needed to for years but you should be able.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

tgwolf said:

It doesn't seem possible to create a new character on preview, so... how do you know this?
    Race rerolls are free on Preview. You know this by using one :)
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    jettauk said:

Please make the enchantments received from this exchange bound to account. There are already people on the PS4 buying out the cheaper weapon enchantments on the AH inflating the prices so they can exchange them for expensive ones upon release to profit. This will artificially inflate the market both short term and long term. An announcement that the received enchantments will be bound to account should alleviate this.

I do not like this as this potentially creates a problem when buying/selling regular enchantments. I do want to have my exchanged gear potentially sellable AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME. So, a limited bound-to-account should be a thing.

So, if it is bound to ACC, it should be bound for a month, let's say like that. I do not want to have a high-end enchantment which is non-tradeable or bound only to acc. I want to WTT sometimes in the trade chat...
    Please, be mindful of that when you ask things like bound-to-acc.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Black ice enchants cannot be exchanged, did I miss that part somewhere or is there a reason for this?
    edited March 2019
    about the weapon enchantment :
    we've gone full circle now with the enchants, first mods all enchants were bad and vorpal was the only standout, then all enchant got scaling and vorpal was bad and now all enchants are somehow good and bad but vorpal stands out because all enchants are the same.

The reason behind it is the fact you've made all enchants match the same amount of damage bonus and nerfing to the ground most of the enchants particularities ... In the end Vorpal is the big winner because reason for which some enchants were taken are now a very minor option. Lightning for example now only has a chance to strike for a nerfed amount and so on.

Having similarity is good to try to make them all somewhat viable but the numbers or the mechanic of the enchants are almost all not balanced and worse
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    anyone else try to upgrade the Heart of Fire enchant to 15? it doesn't seem to want to do that not sure if this was intended or not.
    edited March 2019

c3rb3r3 said:

now all enchants are somehow good and bad but vorpal stands out because all enchants are the same.

Keep in mind that crit chance is capped at 50%, and even when it’s not capped, it scales down against stronger monsters. So I’m not sure it’s entirely clear that Vorpal will be a stand-out. At the very least, it need wide ranging testing against mobs of all levels.

the weapon damage % got hit heavily and also are affected by crit chance. The difference still is huge.
  • onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I did an enchantment excange, but now I can't find the new item I recieved. Where do I find the recieved enchantment?

Edit: Got help from PE chat. There is Another tab at The Antiquities Dealer. This is not clear at all and need to be addressed to avoid problems
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (deleted)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • varixo#7114 varixo Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Black ice enchants cannot be exchanged, did I miss that part somewhere or is there a reason for this?

+1, anyone know?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    EXCHANGING ENCHANTMENTS ISSUES

In Protector's Enclave I was unable to exchange any of my R13/R14 enchantments (Such as Black Ice Enchantment, Rank 14) for any of the equivalent Rank 14s.

This should be fixed so that we can exchange Enchantments which are not useful anymore, where we invested a lot of time, AD, money and who knows what else. This is the primary and major concern of majority of players in the game and should be priority no1 to allow/fix.

Eldrich to Bonding is fine, however, any Rank 14 should be allowed to be exchanged for ANY R14 of same stat value. This is essential.

Please, look into this.

Thank you kindly.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I will say it's somewhat depressing to see most weapon and armor enchants nerfed into the ground. Putting aside for the moment the blanket adjustment to weapon enchants to make them more like each other, it really doesn't feel good to log in and see that your formerly-Unparalleled enchantment has had its secondary function nerfed to the point where you need to refine it further just to get back what you already had.

E.g. Rank 13 Eclipse now grants only 2 seconds of unlimited Stamina. That's a pretty drastic change, but maybe I'll get back to where I started with a few more Coals?

hustin1 said:

Why are you taking Tranquil enchants away? They're in no way overpowered. If anything, they're anemic to the point of uselessness.

This isn't a rhetorical question. I'd actually like an answer.

I imagine that that's exactly why they're going away: they're terrible. They also don't fit this new vision of players being more reliant on dedicated healers.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH