test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does one get past 11k IL?

I've been trying to figure this out and not getting anywhere. Inspecting gods doesn't yield any consistent answers. Yes, I see that they have 500-520 equipment, but that's only a maximum of 400-500 IL different from where I am (40-60 * 10 pieces of gear). Some do have enchantments in the 12-13 range, but some don't. Campaign boons might come to, again, another few hundred (30/boon), so I'm just not seeing where a difference of 6000 might come from.

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    well it's only going to matter for a few more months really.. but enchants matter. recently I took off most enchants (but not all) and went from 17.5 down to about 15.5

Start with bondings to 14 on your pet. your best gear and enchants should be on your pet. aim for 14 on all. pets add a lot when legendary. you get both higher il and increased stats from legendary.. (but we don't know what the next mod brings, i'd at least wait til we know what is happening on preview before bringing any new pets to legendary) each pet you have equipped counts for il the higher the rank the better. going from memory each legendary pet is worth 200 il. you can have five equipped.
    having full insignias on your mount counts and your actual mount power equipped counts. so you want at least one mount at epic. all the campaigns are like 1000 il.

a fully loaded ring with two 14 enchants is nearly 800 il.

and of course guild boons.

• Options
    brainfirebob#3208 brainfirebob Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Average 5 boons/campaign, for
    Maze Engine
    Sharandar
    Dread Ring
    Well of Dragons
    IWD
    SKT
    River District
    Soshenstar
    Omu
    Barovia
    Acquisitions Ing
    Underdark

That's 12×5×30, or roughly 1800 IL

Enchants are worth a lot. You have:
    Companion: 9
    Left side: 10
    Right side: 10

Taking an enchant from 7 to 12 adds
    50 IL. That is 1400 IL.

Companions, equipped, are each worth

So 5 purple companions are worth 500 il, while 5 green are only 125

Insignia are similar-working from memory here, so I don't recall offhand, but you get 14 of them.

Mount powers are worth more from higher IL mounts. Legendary mounts give an extra 250 from their equip power in addition.

Stronghold booms have individual values, but go up to, I think, 750 max.

Gear is easy. Enchants and companions are hard.

Also, compare not just gear IL, but also slots. A 420 1 slot ring is worth less stat and IL than a 360 with 2 slots.
  • Options
    Also, IL is crude. A well built, lean 14.5k can easily outperform a poorly designed 16.5k
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Also, IL is crude. A well built, lean 14.5k can easily outperform a poorly designed 16.5k

True, but IL basically gives you a reasonable estimate of potential maximum performance of a particular character, that is two characters of the same class and the same IL should be able to reach the same maximum performance - any difference will be due to differences in build or skill.

This will be even more so with mod 16, where (as has already been said), the relationship between IL and stats will be more direct (implying that a lot of existing gear will receive an adjustment).

So no...IL doesn't say how good you are, but it does give an indication of how good you could be.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    IL is getting a complete overhaul in Undermountain, so don't sweat it too much right now.
  • Options
    My point in context: The original poster is struggling to understand how to raise his item level. Equipping 7 major regeneration jewels is wrong, leveling enchants- the right enchants- and getting boons is "right," if s/he wants performance
  • Options
    mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    For a quick 140 , 4 major armor reinforcements, the crit version on ps4 was about 50k AD each. Not much but quickly obtainable.

And I agained a low stat lv14 enchantment from acquisition incorporated I had a brutal 9 on my companion and swapped it cause the stats were higher.

Primal gear /weapons bought with seals of the brave, if you ain’t got em are 500 each.(depending on what you building)

But truthfully it’s all about patience, time, and setting goals.
    Get what info you can from here, then make a list and what it takes to obtain the items for your item level. Then set a goal for one or two of those things and work till it happens. Then move on to the next. Item(s) on your list
  • Options
    zxcvbnm523#3990 zxcvbnm523 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks, all. I probably hadn't been as concerned as I should be about Companions, Mounts, and Insignia, although an Epic any of these is going to remain unaffordable.
  • Options
    Doing just the leveling and intermediate queues is roughly 30k ad/day for maybe 15 to 20 min runtime. Adds up 1uovkly.
  • Options
    *quickly.