test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Notion marriage

Marriage in neverwinter would be possible?
It's just an idea, it would be great a wedding system for the players, type with stock exchange system, the game does not have that kind of thing. for example buy house, these things would be very good. But it's just an idea if it's possible for people to take a look, sort of a hint to the player anyway. ;)

Comments

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I'd love to have some player housing. I dunno if a marriage system would add much, but I'd probably create a second account and marry myself. I've always wanted to marry myself. :tongue:
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lol ya no go play sims.... the houseing idea ok ya (dcuo has it (a base) thats yours personally that u can fo wht u want decor wise with an they got leauge halls (guild stronghold) here only got the stronghold)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Marriage? RP marriage.
    If the game had a marriage system that actually gave spouses access to certain things that the other player has then that would lead to a lot of broken hearts and a lot of headaches as devs would be dealing with the fallout of people's … Let's say "naivete" to be nice.

So if you and some other player want to get married, go find a Cleric and play out the ceremony. Have fun.

Housing? Fine with housing. A lot of ideas about housing have been thrown around these forums over the years, including some of my own.

I think that housing would be a decent AD sink if they wanted to go that way, and if they offered some in-game benefit (extra banking slots, for example), then I think that they could get more players to buy in.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    the houseing would be great idea bc so mny routes they could take with it.... the added benefits are a way an so are the stronghold boons system they plyin with tryin to figure how to provide stronghold boons for characters not in guilds (all theyd hav to do is take look at dcuo and their base system)..... will it evr happen.... eh prob not tho
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    No. (I'm not against the housing idea, though.)
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    No thanks.
    We have enough unproductive drama in NW already.

Just go to Moonstone Mask and roleplay marriage there.
    Plenty of RPers will gladly (and creepily) create some relationship drama for you.

Edit:
    Thor Thunderbones:
    [bends his muscular leg and kneels beside the fireplace]
    "Thou art my truest love, DarkAngel. Be my bride and we shall stand against the world entwined!"
    DarkAngel:
    [rolls eyes]
    "Dude... I'm a married 40 year-old hetero male mechanic from New Jersey. Can we just run rEQ already?"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • seninlendario#6414 seninlendario Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    thank you. wedding is an idea that could come with a system of houses but it is not necessary, now at least the housing system would be very useful, for extra bank slots, for certain achievements the shows in your house like equipment etc.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Get married in real-life instead. The graphics are better and there's hardly any lag.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • seninlendario#6414 seninlendario Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    #Jonkoca
    It's true, I'm engaged, but that's exactly what it's about, there are items that I can not close because it's linked to the account, the system was exactly for that, or because of these items, the majority that falls is already linked to the account, this to sell. Since I saw some people giving the same feedback, I invented another idea, which is possible to discuss at last.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Actually, now you mention it, I did have to fight an enraged dinosaur for the engagement ring I gave my then future wife - a Ring of Kids +2. Unfortunately now she often wears her legendary ring of dead teenage dreams, which temporarily stuns anyone trying to sneak up on her from behind, and teleports them into the kitchen.
    No idea what my toon is now.