test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can't post in AH

Since today's maintenance I've been unable to post in the AH. I can buy items if I wish but certainly can't post anything to sell. What is going on I mean every time something gets fixed something else breaks......... :/ :s

Comments

• sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Posts: 6Member Arc User
    A friend having same problem, I can only post item after attempting to post repeatedly.
  • Managed to post 2items after hrs of trying. A few friends are also in the same position. Will try again later when I am back in game
  • cubano666cubano666 Posts: 2Member Arc User
    Still happen it any fix ?????
  • I'm able to post again, so I'm assuming it has been fixed.
  • yogizillayogizilla Posts: 10Member Arc User
    I have had the same issue. It started four weeks ago or so, right around mod launch. The way I worked around the bug is I bought something. Then it allowed me to post again.

Similarly, if you are unable to buyout something, try placing a bid then cancel. That seems to take you out of the "limbo state".
  • sorjal#1721 sorjal Posts: 5Member Arc User
    I've found that I can post items that run into this by changing the item to be posted for auction to a few different items from my inventory, then go back to the item that gave the error and creating the auction for it. Sometimes it works some times it takes trying a few different items from my inventory. I wish it were at least something consistent in the workaround of which items to try, but even that doesn't always work. So say I get an error posting a Rank 8 Savage enchantment, I'll change the item to maybe a Peridot or some random green I was about to convert, then change the listing to use that original enchantment and it may or may not post without error. Say it did post without error, and I get another error on something different, I can try changing the listing item to the two I used previously in clearing the error. I might still get the error in posting, even though the other items didn't have the issue before. It's really hard to nail down and I remember someone saying months ago it had to do with the AH thinking your posting up a duplicate of the same item. Sometimes changing the number of the items being listed in the auction may clear the error (such as listing 8 Peridot instead of 10). All said and done it can become a royal pain to even try and list stuff given the amount of tries it may take, etc. and I feel your pain.
  • bobo#5090 bobo Posts: 197Member Arc User

I've found that I can post items that run into this by changing the item to be posted for auction to a few different items from my inventory, then go back to the item that gave the error and creating the auction for it. Sometimes it works some times it takes trying a few different items from my inventory. I wish it were at least something consistent in the workaround of which items to try, but even that doesn't always work. So say I get an error posting a Rank 8 Savage enchantment, I'll change the item to maybe a Peridot or some random green I was about to convert, then change the listing to use that original enchantment and it may or may not post without error. Say it did post without error, and I get another error on something different, I can try changing the listing item to the two I used previously in clearing the error. I might still get the error in posting, even though the other items didn't have the issue before. It's really hard to nail down and I remember someone saying months ago it had to do with the AH thinking your posting up a duplicate of the same item. Sometimes changing the number of the items being listed in the auction may clear the error (such as listing 8 Peridot instead of 10). All said and done it can become a royal pain to even try and list stuff given the amount of tries it may take, etc. and I feel your pain.

I have been getting this same problem since 3-26 and I've just turned the item into refinement points rather than fumble f around trying to post it for a pittance.